Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,188 comments
Results for the 1st race.... @Evilmuffin will explain you why he finished last (sorry, I can't even write it... :lol::lol: )

@Gogga and @tmtk were damned fast, the Team sandals were strugging with the Greek traitor while the Team Froggy was the victim of these awesome battles

View attachment 1341746
I went to the bathroom when the race started and found myself probably 40? seconds behind everyone while facing the wall 🤪

Last edited:
For my final run last night, I decided to remove the timing from the HUD because I thought it was a distraction. I didn't know if it'd help me improve because I hadn't done so all night, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Anyway, after 3 and a bit laps, I quit to see if I beat my time and unbelievably, I did!
53622055769_54a892aa7e_o.jpg

This is the best time trial yet. Not in terms of overall position but overall enjoyment. I didn't think I'd enjoy driving the TS020 so much but when it's fully modeled both inside and out with a proper engine sound, it's a lot of fun. It might be more fun than playing with a ball of yarn or sitting in a box.

Another round with the GT-One, and today my focus was to get low 20's and 29's at S1 and S2, trying to build a base and then see if I can learn S3 properly.

I had some sucess, another tenth shaved. From 34:267 down to 34:121.

With this pace, if I keep shaving a tenth a day by this time next week I'll be in the gold zone. 😂😂

18e929bcec246-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438235292413697_1711856610991.jpg

Last edited:
Evening folks - collected my $2M from the Dino event and then set off for my first session this weekend at Fuji. Got gold relatively quickly but then started to fall foul of sector 3 as I started to push harder. Can repeatedly duck under 20 seconds in sector 1 but T3 and T4 continue to puzzle me. Ended the session on a 32.7 but I think a 32.5 is possible if I can get more time with the car.
1711860291636.jpeg

Last edited:
Firstly, happy Easter to all who celebrates it!

This morning I finally made a improvement and now my PB is in 33s.

View attachment 1341845

Sill half second from gold and honestly, I don't know where I'll find it.

Lap:

Your lap looks sooo smooth...
Honestly would say that would be a lot faster than 33.9 😳
Your T1 is fine imo, T2 you can go a lot wider, what means more speed, you can attack that curb a whole lot more!
T4 (left hander tight) I have a tighter line, but Your line is maby better due to beeing straight more early?...plus I'm rotating in first gear and on the apex to second.

In S3 you are a lot in 1th gear like T15....I would try exit in second , and that exit on the straight def cost you some time in first gear !
1000018622.png

And I think the TCS kills a lot of your speed here on exits, but.......this is not an easy one to start with without 🙄🙈

But your lines look good mate, well done,
A little finetuning and your hauling with them big boys 😁😁

And happy Easter too!

Last edited:
Hi,

I think this combination of Fuji and the Toyota must really suit my style ( Or lack thereof! )

After only 5 laps, I am into a gold time already - That is most unusual for me. I am really feeling the benefit of the new rig now though.

Todays target is to get into the 1:32:xxx's

Best regards to all here and Happy Easter if you roll that way! :)

Ian.

I really dislike some of the turns at the first half of the track. I keep going into the grass or either hitting the wall. Meditate!! And don't even get me started on the last Sector of Fuji. Too many complex turns and corners which really affect my time if not executed properly.

Last edited:
I really dislike some of the turns at the first half of the track. I keep going into the grass or either hitting the wall. Meditate!! And don't even get me started on the last Sector of Fuji. Too many complex turns and corners which really affect my time if not executed properly.
+100 with @Lomic answer.

I would also recommend to gold the CE and gold the overtake mission in Moby Dick with the Nissan GT500.

New test in Fuji and improve my time in 1'32'921
View attachment 1341938
Finally I reached under 1'33. This is not the optimal time of 2 days ago (1'32'690) but it is better.
It's not the best trick (quite a few errors still) but I wanted to share it with you.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Very honestly, RES-PECT and admiration because this track is a mistery for many of us but you got the key, and the rythm!!

GO GO GO!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Very honestly, RES-PECT and admiration because this track is a mistery for many of us but you got the key, and the rythm!!

GO GO GO!!
Thank you very much my friend. It was very hard and I knew I could manage to be under 1'33 because my optimal time was under this bar. I don't know if I found the key but in any case finally !!! Happy Easter to everyone 🐇🐇🥳🥳

New test in Fuji and improve my time in 1'32'921
View attachment 1341938
Finally I reached under 1'33. This is not the optimal time of 2 days ago (1'32'690) but it is better.
It's not the best trick (quite a few errors still) but I wanted to share it with you.

Congrats on that sub 33 mate!, nice lap!
If you didn't run wide on T5 that would def be a .6 or .7! And when you...........

1000018634.gif

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Great job copin!

Firstly, happy Easter to all who celebrates it!

This morning I finally made a improvement and now my PB is in 33s.

View attachment 1341845

Sill half second from gold and honestly, I don't know where I'll find it.

Lap:

I found that more throttle mid corner helps turn the car in better but it's a very very fine line finding that sweet spot to hold. This car really loves turning on power for me. So my suggestion is just a little more aggression. Push harder. You have the smooth for sure just keep ramping up a bit of throttle earlier and continue to use your buttery touch. You'll get it.

Did some more laps yesterday and today. I think 50 or 60 in total but can't even get to my best lap again. Closest was about .1s off my pb.
Got a bit sick of the car and track tbh 😅

Knew from the begining, that I suck at Fuji but thought with enough laps i get used to it and improve but nothing. Definitly the hardest one for me since I began investing some time in the TTs.

I think I will see how much the wr improves over the week and give it another try next week.

Congrats on that sub 33 mate!, nice lap!
If you didn't run wide on T5 that would def be a .6 or .7! And when you...........

View attachment 1341948

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Great job copin!
Thank you very much my friend. :cheers:
Yes, I still think I can improve this time (at least I hope) because indeed at turn 5 I bite a little into the grass and it shifts the car. So my turn is wider.
Afterwards I tried without TC (as usual) but on this TT I couldn't do it, particularly between turn 11 and Panasonic Corner. And when I finish the lap without incident I am slower. Maybe out of fear that the car will crash !!!!
My optimal time is close to 1'32'6xx (today it was 1'32'8xx), and that was with TC at 1, so if I can be consistent I think I'll get there.
This Fuji circuit is a beautiful circuit but very hard to be consistent and clean throughout the circuit, especially in sector 3 where the slightest mistake causes you to lose many hundredths.
I have seen your trick several times and frankly hats off. It's a clear, clean and fast ride. It's more and more difficult to be at your level
Bravo mon ami :bowdown::bowdown::cheers:.

Back