Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,370 comments
Been absent for a while - life is busy. Just wanted to drop in and say what a massive pile of **** that McLaren is - completely killed any drop of enthusiasm I had left for this game. Switched and did 3 or 4 laps in the Xbow and solidly into gold (probably could go a second quicker if I put the laps in, but I'm just not feeling it)

But can you do it? And are you prepared to improve if the gold becomes lower than your time?
Well I'll have to stop wasting time doing drifting trials, custom races and daily races and taking photos and focus on the TT's more because really 4 gold in a two-year period. That's not how I wanted it to be. I was expecting 20 gold, 25 silver and maybe 10 bronze. But my bronze is way higher in count than the silver and gold medals. That's got to change and I mean quick.

Really nice. Kinda setup I wanna get in the next months.

Wanna get the DD Pro, only thing I'm not sure about is the NM 🤔

How is the seat? Only found 2 on the Fanatec site. This one and one that is 6x the price 😂
I like it! I only have used the playseat challenge before though so I don't have any point of reference. There is a thread about it in the hardware section of the forum and that's probably the better place if you'd like to discuss. Happy to answer any questions or concerns in there if you like.

Last edited:
I'm falling for Slidey Kate more and more as we get to spend more time on track. I knew I had more time to find in this TT and I did.

New gold PB: 1:25:725

And oh boy, it feels good to be back in the gold zone!

18ed980c1e342-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438539753310956_1713045911370.jpg
20970355312160518.jpg

Full disclosure, I was honestly anxious about the Mclaren TT. With everyone talking about how hard to handle it is, how much 130R will kill you, the insane time split, and everyone seeming to hate it, I wasn't looking forward to jumping in. I was worried that not only would it not be a fun TT, but that I would break my gold streak because of how little margin for error there was.

I don't know if it's the phenomenon of hearing how bad something is and preparing for the worst... or what, but I actually like driving the Mclaren, and have found even more appreciation for Suzuka with it.

Yes, 130R sucks, but that's really the only part of the track that's unusual. Everything else is kindof your standard high-hp/high downforce car stuff. I didn't think I was going to get close to gold without a ton of time invested, but I found it in under 10 laps, (netting a 1:39:512) and never really seemed to struggle with pinning the car down. I think it drives pretty nice, and I actually went back out to see if it was AWD (specifically thinking that the EV motors powered the front wheels) because of how planted it is in corner exits with the "boost" button pressed.

Ultimately I was thinking about not even doing this one, but ended up having a lot of fun with it. Even when flying off 130R at 200mph and dying of death it never flustered me. I'm actually excited to whittle this time down more because of how much time I'm still leaving out there. It's difficult to put all my good sectors together!

I'm barely in there, but I don't know how much more the lead time will drop, so it may be safe. I'll be aiming for 38s the next session, and will hopefully be able to devote a bigger chunk of time to just this TT.

Mclaren TT thumb.PNG

Haven't dipped into the new KTM one yet, but I did make a quick livery for the car. I'm not worried about this one at all. RA is one of my favorite tracks, and I have a bunch of seat time in the KTM, so it should be a breeze.

Xbow.jpg

Hope everyone's having as good a time with GT7 as I did today.

I like it! I only have used the playseat challenge before though so I don't have any point of reference. There is a thread about it in the hardware section of the forum and that's probably the better place if you'd like to discuss. Happy to answer any questions or concerns in there if you like.

I’m really glad you shared this, thank you. I’ve been a Fanatec fanatic for a long time. So basically I’ve got 4 wheel rims available. I have not moved over to the new Q2 attachments yet. I use a Formula 2.5 wheel with magnetic shifter, connected to the GT DD Pro 8nm with a slightly modded V3 pedal.

I’m currently using the Fanatic recommended settings, with in game GT7 controller sensitivity settings currently 0, steering force feedback settings I change with the car. I’m down to 3 with the McLaren at Suzuka. Force feedback sensitivity 1.

I love your rig it will definitely make all the miles more enjoyable.

Full disclosure, I was honestly anxious about the Mclaren TT. With everyone talking about how hard to handle it is, how much 130R will kill you, the insane time split, and everyone seeming to hate it, I wasn't looking forward to jumping in. I was worried that not only would it not be a fun TT, but that I would break my gold streak because of how little margin for error there was.

I don't know if it's the phenomenon of hearing how bad something is and preparing for the worst... or what, but I actually like driving the Mclaren, and have found even more appreciation for Suzuka with it.

Yes, 130R sucks, but that's really the only part of the track that's unusual. Everything else is kindof your standard high-hp/high downforce car stuff. I didn't think I was going to get close to gold without a ton of time invested, but I found it in under 10 laps, (netting a 1:39:512) and never really seemed to struggle with pinning the car down. I think it drives pretty nice, and I actually went back out to see if it was AWD (specifically thinking that the EV motors powered the front wheels) because of how planted it is in corner exits with the "boost" button pressed.

Ultimately I was thinking about not even doing this one, but ended up having a lot of fun with it. Even when flying off 130R at 200mph and dying of death it never flustered me. I'm actually excited to whittle this time down more because of how much time I'm still leaving out there. It's difficult to put all my good sectors together!

I'm barely in there, but I don't know how much more the lead time will drop, so it may be safe. I'll be aiming for 38s the next session, and will hopefully be able to devote a bigger chunk of time to just this TT.

View attachment 1346338

Haven't dipped into the new KTM one yet, but I did make a quick livery for the car. I'm not worried about this one at all. RA is one of my favorite tracks, and I have a bunch of seat time in the KTM, so it should be a breeze.

View attachment 1346339

Hope everyone's having as good a time with GT7 as I did today.
Excellent time! You’re very fast and glad you gave it a go.

I’m really glad you shared this, thank you. I’ve been a Fanatec fanatic for a long time. So basically I’ve got 4 wheel rims available. I have not moved over to the new Q2 attachments yet. I use a Formula 2.5 wheel with magnetic shifter, connected to the GT DD Pro 8nm with a slightly modded V3 pedal.

I’m currently using the Fanatic recommended settings, with in game GT7 controller sensitivity settings currently 0, steering force feedback settings I change with the car. I’m down to 3 with the McLaren at Suzuka. Force feedback sensitivity 1.

I love your rig it will definitely make all the miles more enjoyable.

Excellent time! You’re very fast and glad you gave it a go.
I was on the fence but for the money I figured I couldn't go wrong especially in my limited space. I'm very happy with it so far. It's stout.

I was on the fence but for the money I figured I couldn't go wrong especially in my limited space. I'm very happy with it so far. It's stout.
I’m there also. Good times.

It looks like from your pictures that the video monitor is too elevated. I need to work towards a better fixed size and position myself.

I’m there also. Good times.

It looks like from your pictures that the video monitor is too elevated. I need to work towards a better fixed size and position myself.
It is but you have to sacrifice something. It's a big TV that I sit very close to that sits on a dresser in our room. I can't go any harder than I do so I deal with a little bit of a cranked neck because I've got it pretty good for having to share a space with a woman. She's a really good one and very accepting, thankfully.

It is but you have to sacrifice something. It's a big TV that I sit very close to that sits on a dresser in our room. I can't go any harder than I do so I deal with a little bit of a cranked neck because I've got it pretty good for having to share a space with a woman. She's a really good one and very accepting, thankfully.
cough
or you can get PSVR2 and move your whole rig to a corner and let her have the TV.....
cough

cough
or you can get PSVR2 and move your whole rig to a corner and let her have the TV.....
cough
@330_D yes, yeeees, come to the dark side.

Beautiful rig too! I'm still rocking a playseat EVO with some homemade wooden accoutrements for stability, haha. It works great, but like you, I'm kinda topped out on spending money on this one game.

Whenever you take the leap, prepare to be slower for a bit, but you get it back pretty quickly and there's just no other way to play. It still blows me away sometimes and I've had it since release.

It's the kind of stuff I dreamed about as a kid, and it's here now. Feels good man.

Now if we could just get an open world GT in VR... then I'll never need to go outside again! :lol:

Tiny improvement.. but gotta take what I can get 😅
In 1 lap I was .6s ahead after the sweepers in sector 1 and, of course, threw it away 🤦‍♂️

View attachment 1346358
Awesome time, lol I'm trying to figure out where you guys are gaining that extra chunk of time. What's getting me is the blind corner. As long as I have my line perfect to where I can drive smooth I'm fine. But if I even veer off once, that's when the avalanche starts. Meaning that my lap won't be a good one.

Then I won't earn the reward I want to. That's the issue with these TT's, they'll hide the information for us to get gold. We have to figure it out on our own.

That's the issue with these TT's, they'll hide the information for us to get gold. We have to figure it out on our own.
Don't wanna be rude or something but i don't know what kind of information you want 🤔

If you want a reference then there are plenty of replays from fast people available.

We all start these TTs the same (excluding wheel or pad). We all have to figure out how to be fast with the given car and track.

I'm on Page 756 in the forums, I always look forward to reading everyone's posts and how they tackled each TT with gold. And some posts crack me up slam hard. I always need a laugh when I get stuck on a TT or I'm feeling down. This is the best community and site ever and we need to thank Jordan. I'm sorry I complain so much, but it's hard facing the fact that I can't be as fast as others and I can't earn many gold medals for my performances.

Back