Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,391 comments
18ed55ee34f62-screenshotUrl.jpg

That's another tenth down only to find out that both @Evilmuffin and @crome have acquired alien DNA and move up significantly. Well done. I'll be baaack.

Last night I've started with X-Bow and posted 1:28.1xx as first stint result.
Combo is great fun and I'm sure it'll keep me busy, leaving Suzuka in bronze, first after I got PS5.

Today I get up very early and coffee time is almost over, next is Road Atlanta!

I did half a lap in the McLaren this evening. That was enough to tell me I wasn’t going to enjoy Suzuka this time out 😂

Switched over to the KTM and what fun! 100 miles later and there’s a 24.9 in there somewhere…
View attachment 1346145
Wow, that's an excellent placement if you drove over 100 miles, kudos to ya!! Lol, Jeddah is the master of records.

@zaxs Nice job, I haven't added you yet on my friends list. It must be around 6am where you are because it's almost midnight here.

@Chris30 feel free to add me - samozaxs

As I said, I was going to drive early and this becomes time with most successful times posted.

I did big cut on previous time and now I'm in safe silver, but ambitions are gold now - if Jeddah doesn't go crazy again...

18ed5f8693a19-screenshotUrl.jpg

Tips are always welcome!

Last edited:
I hope my bit of sarcasm came through here. I'm not one that believes a wheel, MT and more time would give me alien-skills. ;)
From personal experience, it does not matter whether you use a wheel or controller. You can be equally consistent on both.
However, auto transmission definitely hinders your progress.
Switching to manual is well worth your effort.
Daunting at first, but it will become second nature.

I'm confident that you will, good luck mate!!
Appreciate the vote of confidence Chris! :)

I don't think I will try though. I did maybe an hour and a half, got to a comfortable silver (1.40.7 I think?) but I'd need a lot of time and luck to get another second off that, my optimals were not exactly encouraging.

I'm ok to accept that this one is a step too far for me, not my type of car in the slightest!

I am leaving tomorrow on a short vacation and I don't want to give another thought about Suzuka! :irked: No more VGT TT please! :banghead: Thanks again to everyone here - this thread is the best!!
2.36% is a pretty safe Gold at this stage. You can rest easy on your vacation and come back to a nice 2M Credits!

I just got back from a vacation and have yet to attempt either Suzuka or Road Atlanta. Kind of dreading the McLaren, if I'm honest. Suzuka is a particularly weak track for me and the KTM combo looks much more fun.

Morning guys,

A few laps this morning again in the Xbow, cause ofcourse the whole nemesis clan entered the 24's 🤣🤣 how am I not surprised 🙈🤣❤️

@Dolph Drago nice lap mate!, im sure you will be the garnish on top tomorrow when I wake up 🤣, let's make that @Evilmuffin sweat a bit 🤣

had an hour or something this morning but it was frustrating as ****
I'm consistently faster than P1 on T1 but have trouble with the S'es.
I had several 32.1xx this morning on S1 but then comes my worst corner of GT7....T6 I just can't get to the apex, it just doesn't rotate so I loose somuch time on that....

Did better my time a bit making myself some radish on the nemesis sandwich 😁🤣 But knowing that a .8xx is possible it was not that satisfying 🤣

S1 🙈🤪 but went mowimg somewhere.....🤣

1000019007.jpg

1000019006.jpg

1000019005.jpg

Maby tomorrow some laps again,

Have a nice weekend fellow addicts 😁🤣

Last edited:
From personal experience, it does not matter whether you use a wheel or controller. You can be equally consistent on both.
However, auto transmission definitely hinders your progress.
Switching to manual is well worth your effort.
Daunting at first, but it will become second nature.
I completely get that. But I'm not at a point where i want to seriously advance. I play mostly without audio as it's probably some time where the baby (hopefully) sleeps.

I say to myself that in some years, when i have time and space for a wheel i will learn MT. But for now it's just too cosy as it is. ;)

Happy lapping at Road Atlanta!

I completely get that. But I'm not at a point where i want to seriously advance. I play mostly without audio as it's probably some time where the baby (hopefully) sleeps.

I say to myself that in some years, when i have time and space for a wheel i will learn MT. But for now it's just too cosy as it is. ;)

Happy lapping at Road Atlanta!
The solution is a set of wireless headphones :)
Audio is crucial for MT as you will start to pay attention to the engine sounds and know exactly when the up shift is necessary.

I totally get what you are saying... but my word of advice is to get out of that comfy zone now. The sooner the better :cheers:

I play mostly without audio as it's probably some time where the baby (hopefully) sleeps.
There is simple solution if you want to try

1000021004.jpg

And thanks PD for saving all ghosts now, love that possibility to see any lap replay we want. Also, just for a change, how about new TT on Lake Louise, we only had one on snow so far. (I mean if PD is reading this thread) 😊

So @Barareklam's solution solved your issue. Use the controller with wired earphones. You use one earbud for the audio and you leave either your left/right ear free for sounds from the environment around you.
Did you try that for a longer period of time? I tried it and it's not for me. Even if i didn't hate in ears, only hearing one side of stereo is weird. You hear the car behind you right of you but not left and so on. Doing that to hear the motor you need at least medium volume and that i don't like one sided.

Edit: thanks for all the advice but I'm good! :-)

Last edited:
Did you try that for a longer period of time? I tried it and it's not for me. Even if i didn't hate in ears, only hearing one side of stereo is weird. You hear the car behind you right of you but not left and so on. Doing that to hear the motor you need at least medium volume and that i don't like one sided.

Edit: thanks for all the advice but I'm good! :-)
Have never tried it while gaming as I use headphones. Makes sense that the audio would be weird as you wont be getting that surround sound effect.
I do sometimes use my wireless buds connected to my cellphone this way, but its just for media.

And thanks PD for saving all ghosts now
Not quite. I noticed after a session last night where I improved, it didn't make my replay available, despite me physically saving best lap.

I suspect it is because I very rarely do more than one lap in a row, and almost never more than two, for most TTs. That exiting and restarting when I make a mistake or get a red time must affect it. Not sure why they can't do it though, given it is still available for saving at the end of my session, which means it must sit in limbo somewhere while I'm still doing more laps.

If I had to pick I'd say the Evo edges it for more time fun.

For driving fun the track day toy is awesome, although having driven a few radicals I'd expect a tad more from the front of the KTM. But it's a TT I will sweat 😝

Edit:

It's interesting the tracks they pick for the combos. I'd have thought a twistier circuit would have suited the KTM more especially with the longer straights at RA
EVO was fun, but Redbull Ring wasn't! RA is definitely better, track wise :cool:

Hope I will have a chance to try out any Radicals, must be fun having all the grip and downforce! The closest thing I have driven IRL was my little Lotus and I had a blast doing that.

I thought the KTM would go well with Nurburgring Short or Suzuka West too, but RA really blown me away.

I like that livery a lot. Gonna look it up...
I actually made that livery and will share under my PSN later today :)
I feel like I need to just ditch the Suzuka TT and just move on to the Atlanta KTM X-bow one. I'm not wasting time and going through all that stress just to get tiny improvements and still end up getting bronze, so I quit. I hope my 1'45.854 time holds for bronze. That's enough. I just bought a X-bow a few minutes ago and I'm fixing to paint it and design it in the customization shop. What color should I use and what decals should I represent in it?
Smart move really. I (re)learnt a lot of "basic" skills like racing lines, trail braking, carrying speed into corners, weight transfer and maximizing corner exit in this TT after months of driving Gr.3/4s in Dailies and I am sure you will benefit from this TT more too (vs. the McLaren VGT one).

----------------------------------

Sooo finally I had the courage to jump back to the McLaren VGT TT last night. Took quite a while to get back up to speed but was able to finally get into 1:38's after (finally) engaging DRS on straights with the help from @Gomario JSP and @Barareklam :lol:

Not a huge gain (~0.25s mainly on back straight) but I think I am happy with this lap and will leave it there. :)

IMG_9868.JPG

IMG_9869.JPG

1EF31301-A78F-43E0-BCB0-D0AA7034F732.JPEG

Not quite. I noticed after a session last night where I improved, it didn't make my replay available, despite me physically saving best lap.

I suspect it is because I very rarely do more than one lap in a row, and almost never more than two, for most TTs. That exiting and restarting when I make a mistake or get a red time must affect it. Not sure why they can't do it though, given it is still available for saving at the end of my session, which means it must sit in limbo somewhere while I'm still doing more laps.
I have noticed that your ghost was not saved for some reasons, but also Gomarios and Evilmuffin ghost were not there for one of sessions than they appeared with new lap times. I guess there is some bug PD needs to sort out with that ghost saving.
And btw, you and your rocketman, I could not get out song out of my brain for two days, was constantly singing it haha 😂

I have noticed that your ghost was not saved for some reasons, but also Gomarios and Evilmuffin ghost were not there for one of sessions than they appeared with new lap times. I guess there is some bug PD needs to sort out with that ghost saving.
And btw, you and your rocketman, I could not get out song out of my brain for two days, was constantly singing it haha 😂
You're welcome! :lol:

The same thing happened to me, I should be able to upload all the replays in my friends board but all it says is view profile. So I still have to search in the tags. It's not a big deal, I was just pointing it out. PD apparently did not fix the bug 100%. Now we have to wait until the end of April.

The same thing happened to me, I should be able to upload all the replays in my friends board but all it says is view profile. So I still have to search in the tags. It's not a big deal, I was just pointing it out. PD apparently did not fix the bug 100%. Now we have to wait until the end of April.
That's because you try to see replay after you've entered. Go back out, then go into the event, then to rankings, then click on player with video icon showing and you'll see the replay is there.

Ahhh, okay it did it for the X-bow TT but not the Mclaren VGT. I think that was before the recent update. I bet you that's why. Cool now I can watch all of them and decide which one helps me the most. I need to focus my energy on this then.

Last edited:
The same thing happened to me, I should be able to upload all the replays in my friends board but all it says is view profile.
Ahhh, okay it did it for the X-bow TT but not the Mclaren VGT. I think that was before the recent update. I bet you that's why.
No. You cannot playback a replay while in a driving session. You need to view it from the rankings board before you enter the event, as @half_sourly says.

Also you can't "upload" (from a small storage medium to large; a console to the cloud, for example) someone else's replay, only download (from a large storage medium to a small one) - to view and to use as a ghost.

2.36% is a pretty safe Gold at this stage. You can rest easy on your vacation and come back to a nice 2M Credits!
Yes!, really struggled yesterday to improve my time and it was the last day available for me...:boggled:

Kind of dreading the McLaren, if I'm honest. Suzuka is a particularly weak track for me...
Same for me - I almost skipped this TT. You are faster than me so I know you can get gold here! Good luck! :)

Played a little last night with the new rig under me. Wow. What a difference!! Although I couldn't improve, I really look forward to using a stiff setup. It's wild how much different it is to the playseat challenge. Hopefully I'll be able to post up a quicker time sometime today! 😂😂👍👍

Back