Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,364 comments
Well. I'm tired. I've got to go to bed for a while. Lol, my neighbor's dog was barking loud at 2am this morning, it was nerve-racking. Got me so tense I messed up a sub-1'27.000 lap at Michelin. Ran off the edge after the Firefox factory banner thing.

I will be back on later today. I got caught up some with 3 pages, but still a lot to read. Good night y'all!

Ohmaaannnnnn..... sometimes you can just hit yourself....🤣🤣

I was realy on to something this morning, but after this major fail I couldn't get the focus back went making breakfast for the fam...in need of comfort food..... lots of bacon eggs en croissants .... 🤣🤣

I was on fire at S1 with a sub 1xx, second part went rather well ending up with my first .5xx before the chicane which I completely 100% stuffed up 👹👹👹🙈🙈🙈🙈🤣🤣🤣

Did ran a pb on this lap with 1.24.729 but this should have been a high 5 or low 6 in the end....

Behold my getting nerveous error 🤣

Last edited:
1.26.048 (TCS1 / CS weak) 🎮

My personal goal is a 1.25.xxx that means I’am not done with the rollercoaster yet.
Can’t remember more restarts than here …I hate Atlanta 😆

Attachments

• IMG_1288.jpeg
    IMG_1288.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
"Allo Atlanta, we have a problem"...

Current PB: 1:26.678

I need / expect / want to gain 7 tenths before the end of this TT. The "1:25" Club looks fine to me!!
The car is fun, the circuit is not to complex (already golded the CE and all the licences tests there), so it shouldn't be too difficult to me.

New PB: 1:26.671
1713091626953.png

What's wrong with me, I said 7 TENTHS, not 7 THOUSANDTHS :banghead::banghead:

Sector 1: I really struggle to score under 33.x here and this is my real concern. I took a look at some Big Boys replays and I'm a FULL sec slower... If I only gain 0.5 here, I'll be in yellow since days.

Sector 2: from 31.8 (the best) to 32.x (the worst)

Sector 3: from 21.6 (the best) to 22.x (the worst)

As usual, it's only a matter of time to string my top sectors together (and I will) but it shouldn't be so complicated.

-------- Clash of the Titans --------
Gentle reminder for those who want to join us on Watkins Glen short track with their Toyota 2000GT.
All the infos are here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-clash-of-the-titans.425806/#post-14204136

"Allo Atlanta, we have a problem"...

Current PB: 1:26.678

I need / expect / want to gain 7 tenths before the end of this TT. The "1:25" Club looks fine to me!!
The car is fun, the circuit is not to complex (already golded the CE and all the licences tests there), so it shouldn't be too difficult to me.

New PB: 1:26.671
View attachment 1346453

What's wrong with me, I said 7 TENTHS, not 7 THOUSANDTHS :banghead::banghead:

Sector 1: I really struggle to score under 33.x here and this is my real concern. I took a look at some Big Boys replays and I'm a FULL sec slower... If I only gain 0.5 here, I'll be in yellow since days.

Sector 2: from 31.8 (the best) to 32.x (the worst)

Sector 3: from 21.6 (the best) to 22.x (the worst)

As usual, it's only a matter of time to string my top sectors together (and I will) but it shouldn't be so complicated.

-------- Clash of the Titans --------
Gentle reminder for those who want to join us on Watkins Glen short track with their Toyota 2000GT.
All the infos are here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-clash-of-the-titans.425806/#post-14204136

Courage mon ami !!!!! You can do it !!!!! 💪💪💪💪 ATTACK !!!!!!

Nice car in the KTM, not a nice track at Atlanta (at least for me). Couldn’t figure this one out at all, didn’t understand why everyone found it so easy (then I remembered you’re all aliens now).

Needed some livery inspiration from the greatest racing game of all time but finally got a semi-respectable silver. Don’t know where another second is hiding for gold.

IMG_4237.jpeg

IMG_4239.jpeg

Courage mon ami !!!!! You can do it !!!!! 💪💪💪💪 ATTACK !!!!!!
Yeah thank you beaucoup mon copain Jérome, I know I can do it and I will, but it's frustrating (and also motivating) to fight again yourself for those damn tenths.

The replay posted by @Gomario JSP is absolutly brilliant, his lines are smooths, the speed is always optimal, etc: RES-PECT mate!! I don't pretend to copy you (32.0) but 32.5 on the 1st sector would be fantastic to me.

This kind of TT is perfect to me (not too violent, not too long), and I really enjoy it. Just, this damned 1st sector... :irked:

ATTACK!!!

Yeah thank you beaucoup mon copain Jérome, I know I can do it and I will, but it's frustrating (and also motivating) to fight again yourself for those damn tenths.

The replay posted by @Gomario JSP is absolutly brilliant, his lines are smooths, the speed is always optimal, etc: RES-PECT mate!! I don't pretend to copy you (32.0) but 32.5 on the 1st sector would be fantastic to me.

This kind of TT is perfect to me (not too violent, not too long), and I really enjoy it. Just, this damned 1st sector... :irked:

ATTACK!!!
Yes, as you say, our friend @Gomario JSP 's trick is very beautiful to see. :bowdown::bowdown:
I've been using his ghost for 2 days. And again today thanks to him I was able to improve my time to 1'25'652 and this time without assistance !!!!
17130944048253931014468985572705.jpg

1713094177169.png

Never again.

That long fast left near the end ended all but 3 of my laps. I had to use TC, ASM, Countersteer Assist, just to have the hope to maybe get through that corner in one piece. Regardless of steering input the car would just swap ends in the blink of an eye. Granted, this may have been easier on a wheel, I'm using motion steering, and it feels a bit finicky over bumps. Insane.

Bonjour Monsieur @Pesselles

If i may share something, what made a difference for me it was when I stopped overdriving the car. S1 is full of the "break earlier than you think" cases.

The top of the hill and the left just about to finish S1 are examples or that. The final left and right is also an example.

Which lead me to something else, track limits. The top of hill and the final left/right are to be abused and gained time upon. The esses in S1, also to be driven abusing the curbs.

In addition to that, I turned the CSA on which somehow made easier or gave me confidence to hit the throttle super early when exiting the corners.

I take you are playing AT?

Cheers

Yes, as you say, our friend @Gomario JSP 's trick is very beautiful to see. :bowdown::bowdown:
I've been using his ghost for 2 days. And again today thanks to him I was able to improve my time to 1'25'652 and this time without assistance !!!!
View attachment 1346466

Alexa, turn his PS5 off.....

Just stop being that fast!!!! 😅😅😅😅😅

View attachment 1346466
You are working it mate!, nice to see you just keep improving every single time!
And I'm honored to be a little part of it 😁😁

🙏🙏

@Pesselles thanks mate! S1 felt good indeed!, had a few sub 1xx but this was by far the fastest, to bad we have that last chicane.... 🤣🤣🤣🙈

Mine is not in a very good condition so I don't expect miracles today...

1713093382278.png

Feel free to join us ;) we only play for fun.

Bonjour Monsieur @Pesselles

If i may share something, what made a difference for me it was when I stopped overdriving the car. S1 is full of the "break earlier than you think" cases.

The top of the hill and the left just about to finish S1 are examples or that. The final left and right is also an example.

Which lead me to something else, track limits. The top of hill and the final left/right are to be abused and gained time upon. The esses in S1, also to be driven abusing the curbs.

In addition to that, I turned the CSA on which somehow made easier or gave me confidence to hit the throttle super early when exiting the corners.

I take you are playing AT?

Cheers
Olá, meu amigo :)

Your advices are always smart and useful, and I read all your messages very carefully.
Yes, this car need to be driven smoothly, with more early braking points than expected. And this is maybe the real point where I need to focus on.
The first sector is also full of "invisible curves" where you can miss tenths or butcher the full lap with a "0.001 sec. error".

Playing in AT isn't a problem here, because the combo track-car can find the entrance to the gold mine in MT. Sure, downshift is an advantage on some points of this circuit but not a mandatory to me.

Congrats for your impressive score !!

Let us all have a moment of silence for all the Drivatars that got yeeted off 130R and sacrificed themselves for our countless attempts in the McLaren at Suzuka.
images.jpeg

Tried to improve my silver time this morning. Clocked only two valid laps after 130km and barely shaved a tenth after flying off so many times. This has got to be the worst car/track challenge of all time in the history of racing games.

KTM on the other hand is such a charm to throw around Road Atlanta. Sitting comfortably in Gold at 2,5% with room to improve :)

Last edited:
Mine is not in a very good condition so I don't expect miracles today...

View attachment 1346463

Feel free to join us ;) we only play for fun.

Olá, meu amigo :)

Your advices are always smart and useful, and I read all your messages very carefully.
Yes, this car need to be driven smoothly, with more early braking points than expected. And this is maybe the real point where I need to focus on.
The first sector is also full of "invisible curves" where you can miss tenths or butcher the full lap with a "0.001 sec. error".

Playing in AT isn't a problem here, because the combo track-car can find the entrance to the gold mine in MT. Sure, downshift is an advantage on some points of this circuit but not a mandatory to me.

Congrats for your impressive score !!

I'm sure gold is possible in AT, but be aware there are precious tenths to be found when shortshifting up to 4th in the 2nd right hander before the back straight and the final left and right. Also at the top of the hill there's an early 5th gear that boosts the car.

Don't ask me how the top players find these things, but they work. 😅

As a reference I was worried about the low 32's I was seeing in S1 as well. But 31,8 or 31,9 can give you a shot at gold.

Last edited:
Fun lap! Golded first session, not too bad. It was about 20% harder than I thought it would be.
Only drove in VR this time, I seem to have better luck when doing that.

This is great in VR too, this is the kind of TT I could do all day long and try to perfect every corner.
I should probably go back and try to gold Suzuka with that... that thing, first.

Followed @half_sourly ghost which was fastest on my friends list. 🔥Smooth lap!!🔥
It's nice having friend's ghosts and replays. Good move by PD.

I showed my in game and wheel FFB settings on GT DD Extreme at end of vid real quick if curious.
I change them all the time, those felt good to me today though.

gt7 ktm X-Bow TT psvr2 gold lap results 1.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240414032718.jpg

Lots of room to grow.. 😅
I wonder if that is a "safe" time though?
Results were from early this morning.. 5 or so hrs ago.

gt7 ktm X-Bow TT psvr2 gold lap results friends leader board.jpg

Vid has PSVR2 view (up-scaled to 4K) with @half_sourly ghost 0.3 sec. ahead resetting,
and then that funky on-board view with HUD, and FFB settings and leaderboards

BWX
Followed @half_sourly ghost which was fastest on my friends list. 🔥Smooth lap!!🔥
It's nice having friend's ghosts and replays. Good move by PD.
Excellent time, well done. I made a point yesterday of exiting rather than restarting, after setting that time, to ensure the replay would be available. Glad you found it useful.

Yeah, found yet another few hundredths.

1713102978790.png

I am actually on par with @half_sourly at the end of S2, so I know there could be another a tenth for me somewhere. I think I might try that another time, but not today.
BWX
This is great in VR too, this is the kind of TT I could do all day long and try to perfect every corner.
I know right? This is sooo addictive. I have to actively force myself to stop playing and enjoy the beautiful spring weather. Which is exactly what I'll be doing right now. Off to do some mountain-biking.
I'm sure gold is possible in AT, but be aware there are precious tenths to be found when shortshifting up to 4th in the 2nd left hander before the back straight and the final left and right. Also at the top of the hill there's an early 5th gear that boosts the car.
I did a few laps with AT. It's definitely an adjustment. For example, short-shifting to 5th in the left after the blind corner in S1 helps stabilise the car tremendously. I did manage a 1:25.9 however. I thought I had saved the lap, but when I looked it up in the showcase it wasn't there :/

Last edited:
IMG_20240414_160043.jpg

Got that 24.2 😁

S1 was a new personal best with a 31,760. 😳
Messed up the second right hander in S2 (as always). 😂

Now 10 days left to hope for a lucky shot to improve this time. 🤪

Looks like i'm the bottom piece of bread of Tidge and olli now. 🤔🙈😂😂

Last edited:
Nice car in the KTM, not a nice track at Atlanta (at least for me). Couldn’t figure this one out at all, didn’t understand why everyone found it so easy (then I remembered you’re all aliens now).

Needed some livery inspiration from the greatest racing game of all time but finally got a semi-respectable silver. Don’t know where another second is hiding for gold.

View attachment 1346456

View attachment 1346457
Obviously you need Brower

1000069245.jpg

Back