Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,292 comments
Morning friends!! I’m fresh back off my work mega trip; keeping a watchful eye on the thread and looks like the new trial with the shaguar is a lot of fun!

I was surprised to find I got a new highest placing at Suzuka; my only disappointment is that I was properly dialled in on that trial and only being away stopped me from going quicker (probably 🤣) but still very pleased with that!
View attachment 1349403

Back at RA; I really like the Xbow, good tyres choice although I still think they are too squealy for a high performance road tyre but there you go! Nothing clicked last night but I set a couple of rapid times today and think sub 1:24.5 is doable now. @djolliea i am coming for you bro 👊 🤣🤓

View attachment 1349404

Not sure why my replay doesn’t show, I didn’t reset after my fastest lap?? I have nothing to hide 🙈 😂

View attachment 1349405

Oh well, still saved the old fashioned way

Once I’ve hit target 🎯 I’ll move on to the jaaaaaaaag 😎

Happy Tuesday everyone!

(Is it just me or is it quiet in here?? Guess new time trial is just around the corner 👀)
Lol, I've been so busy with my own life and helping my family I forgot you were even away. Happy Tuesday to you as well. I think I'm gonna take my silver prize and run!! I mean if I can't give anymore work and patience then I'm gonna have to quit. Having fun is one of the best things of gt7 and you can't let go of it.

Lol, "Shaguar", that made me laugh.

We always have to look for Dan getting gold in less than a day!! I'll get to everyone's level someday, I don't know exactly when though.

Last edited:
Maybe you see something I don't see, aren't they lower revs and lower speed?

Settings, the most sensitive on all three I can have so from the top sensitivity 10
And then lower ffb settings first one on 1 and Last one 10
1000021339.png_edit_1733009711929827.jpg

Your at 115kmh at 6250rpm
Jeddah at 117kmh at 5200rpm

The controller settings are what I was going ro start at for this one, see how that goes, still going to be way behind you as always though 🤣

If you knew what I did for work, this is actually not far off the truth :lol:

Thank you! All I can say is; VR is incredible and really really makes you faster. That is all. It really is a game changer.
Did anyone see the news of the ninth planet, either @Dan_Tes found it with his VR goggles on his way to earth or they have finally found the real GTPlanet where all our resident aliens live 😂

View attachment 1349501

The controller settings are what I was going ro start at for this one, see how that goes, still going to be way behind you as always though 🤣

Did anyone see the news of the ninth planet, either @Dan_Tes found it with his VR goggles on his way to earth or they have finally found the real GTPlanet where all our resident aliens live 😂

There’s no throttle input in the top picture. Probably just slammed a downshift into 3rd.

Day 3 will be my last day at RA. Like I predicted, a 24 was on the table but it did take a while to get there on my stint.

18f0c5e200948-screenshotUrl.jpg
18f0c5e4a7820-screenshotUrl.jpg

My weakest part was in Sector 2 on this lap. I had been down shifting to 2nd gear for the second right hander then short shift to 4th gear through the apex. But I missed the double shift and was slow to get on the power as a result.

I really enjoyed this combo. If I had been able to spend more time here, I might have made it into the mid 24's but under 1.5% and a Top 500 finish is still a good result for me.

Sorry for not being more present with all of you guys but choices had to be made before leaving for holidays in 4 weeks:
  • deliver clients projects or GT7
  • revenue or gold rewards on Atlanta & Sao Paulo

Congrats for all the impressive scores I see posted here, abduction is a real game changer for some of you... 👽

------- Clash of the Titans ---------

1713903743636.png

Want to have fun online with friends?

Join us!!

View attachment 1349501

Ah... That.. Right, sorry , silly me was looking at left side , speed. Check the video, it will tell you more into details why revs are how they are.
(Whoever wants to learn where to get some time I recommend video lap comparison technique.
Apologize to regulars on the thread here that I am repeating myself and this same advice. )

@Gomario JSP I remembered now that you asked me in which turns I go to first and I forgot to answer you, so T1, 8, 9 and 11.
1000021387.png

Very thin gold in Brazil. I'm not sure it will hold, but i enjoy the moment

18f0cc5a9be97-screenshotUrl.jpg

Question for you guys:
I'm not in the position to Tt every day. There may be days where i go two in a row (typically w.e.) and days where I stay away, maybe even 3 in a row
When this happens it takes me quite all the session time to get back to speed with the tt. I feel i'm wasting time in this re-approach phase.
My memory is less than perfect and i mostly go again through lot of errors to re-discover the same solution.

How do you prepare for the next session on a tt?
Just jump in and go?
Lap very slowly to revitalize your memory before raising the rithm?
Read notes?
Rewatch your best Lap?
...?
Thanks

zjn
Question for you guys:
I'm not in the position to Tt every day. There may be days where i go two in a row (typically w.e.) and days where I stay away, maybe even 3 in a row
When this happens it takes me quite all the session time to get back to speed with the tt. I feel i'm wasting time in this re-approach phase.
My memory is less than perfect and i mostly go again through lot of errors to re-discover the same solution.

Just jump in and go?
Read notes?
Rewatch your best Lap?
...?
Thanks
I will usually rewatch the quickest replay available. Remind myself of gear changes, braking points.

If it's been a few days, I'll maybe rewatch my replay. See if there's anything that is obvious to improve.

Go in with a time of how long you can spend doing it. A 2 minute lap will let you get 15 laps in one half hour. If that's all I have time for, go hard, push from Lap 1. If I have an hour, take some time to feel the car. Push after Lap 10. Try not to extend your session beyond where you are effective. But keep pushing if you're on a good run.

Mind your splits and figure a game plan for the next session, where to improve etc.

Last edited:
zjn

View attachment 1349567

Question for you guys:

Just jump in and go?
Read notes?
Rewatch your best Lap?
...?
Thanks
For me. I focus only on one tt at time given, even after some.days off I still tend to have muscle memory, if I don't have time or I don't want to play gt that day, no problem, I still.try to get up to date with this thread as you can get a lot of tips on how to improve.

Speaking of improvement (and to abide the rules). I did manage to squeeze a short session tonight and got almost .2 improvement
1000014453.jpg
starting from tomorrow, I'm going to get my left hand wrist and thumb movement restricted by a brace (not sure it is the correct translation). What is "funny" my wife has got the other hand restricted by the same means, so right now we are ONE complete person "hands-wise". What is more interesting the "brace" that I'm going to use, will restrict me more with pad than with wheel. I'm still going to have less wheel grip in left hand but everything looks like I'm going to be forced to use wheel more in next 10-14days, as it is going to be more comfortable to me... not gaming during this time is out of the question right now, (... adapt,.overcome :P ) as I need this. Because I damaged my hand preparing for National masters championship... one week before the event. Ofcourse I do not plan to push myself into the pain zone or whatever.

Last edited:
Well I am exiting the X-bow TT, I ran out of patience. I entered the Interlagos TT an hour ago and clocked a 1'37.449 time using one of my friends ghost. I will upload the video in the morning. Stay tuned everyone! I really wish I had more courage and patience like you guys, but sometimes I don't when a challenge gets too hard and rough for me.

Last edited:
zjn

Question for you guys:

Just jump in and go?
Read notes?
Rewatch your best Lap?
...?
Thanks
Congrats on the gold mate!

For me personally...
Some TT's take me a lot longer to get into, most of the time I just load jeddah +0.4 and just start.....first 2 laps are fire and close to my pb....then 30 min of pure failure......🤣

Thats the point I have to keep beeing focused in search of that window of opportunity and hope for those 2 or 3 fire laps, than my focus is gone again ...always the same 🤣

But the more often I play the same TT the shorter the time to get into is but it realy depends on the combo.
And still there are weird session where you keep stuffing up your best corners of the previous session 🤣

So short answer ....just full send 😁🤣

How long have they been uploading most people's lap replays? I thought you had to get into the top 10 at the time to get your lap uploaded, so I was surprised when I was scanning the XJ13 leaderboard and saw most entries had a ghost to chase.

Apologies if this has been a thing for a while that I just haven't noticed.

How long have they been uploading most people's lap replays? I thought you had to get into the top 10 at the time to get your lap uploaded, so I was surprised when I was scanning the XJ13 leaderboard and saw most entries had a ghost to chase.

Apologies if this has been a thing for a while that I just haven't noticed.
Since the KTM event.
So its been only two thus far.

For me personally...
Some TT's take me a lot longer to get into, most of the time I just load jeddah +0.4 and just start.....first 2 laps are fire and close to my pb....then 30 min of pure failure......🤣
Thanks for the feedback :cheers:

So.... you play NokiaTV and see Jeddah+0.4,
if I load him on my 44inch he is contantly out of the TV frame.

I was guessing I need an 80inch, but something hints me that this is not the answer 😜

I shredded some tires again Interlagos this morning trying to get that flow again...
Like I mentioned above.....I had my 30 minutes of pure failure 🤣🤣

But optimum went down a bit but glueing it together seems impossible....

1000019462.jpg

Then went for a oil refresh..... a rusty green livery and went out again... * did make my rims smaller too )

1000019464.jpg

No minutes of failure this time and could push out a descent lap, not around my optimum ofcours 😵‍💫😵‍💫
There is a lot of time still in this lap, my S1 was descent tho but had to much oversteer in T4 and lost a fair bit of time on Jeddah.
Midsection was descent and for the first time I was under the 1.11 before T12 @1:10.971
despite beeing a bit to cautious on T11... that's my worst corner 🤣 But had a descent exit out of T12 beeing on throttle early

Did enginebrake brake more than previous sessions with more first gear like @Barareklam mentioned and seems to be working if execution is spot on, if your slightly off it slows the car down way to much
T1 i dont get it to work tho 😁🤣🤣

Ending in 1:33.387 😁, fairly happy for now 👌

1000019463.jpg

Last edited:
Back