Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,562 comments
I think I'm at the limit of my talents with a 1.04.8. Been pushing for the last hour or so for a small improvement and getting nowhere, going backwards if anything! Might try again tomorrow just because it's fun to chuck it around but not with any expectation.

EDIT:
I was wrong! I went for a meditative poo (the best kind) and managed this upon my return, now I think I really must be at my limit!! For one thing I haven't got enough poo to do that every time I want to improve...

18e53a50caf73-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Got myself a new wheel today, finally a round one to have besides F1 Esports and McLaren GT3

1710801409006.jpg

And decided to give the Dino TT another go with it, because it just feels right to drive it with a proper round rim :D

1710801408985.jpg

1710801408993.jpg

Quite pleased with these two, waiting for the next one after Bugatti :)

1710801409001.jpg

I think I'm at the limit of my talents with a 1.04.8. Been pushing for the last hour or so for a small improvement and getting nowhere, going backwards if anything! Might try again tomorrow just because it's fun to chuck it around but not with any expectation.

EDIT:
I was wrong! I went for a meditative poo (the best kind) and managed this upon my return, now I think I really must be at my limit!! For one thing I haven't got enough poo to do that every time I want to improve...

View attachment 1338373

Send me two pizzas stat with pineapple of course! 😜

I do this. Load full combo pizza and supa ghost of your choice for topping. Now dance those peddles and wheel until you get comfortable. Then take a break and repeat and refresh.

Got myself a new wheel today, finally a round one to have besides F1 Esports and McLaren GT3

View attachment 1338377

And decided to give the Dino TT another go with it, because it just feels right to drive it with a proper round rim :D

View attachment 1338374
View attachment 1338375

Quite pleased with these two, waiting for the next one after Bugatti :)

View attachment 1338376
I too have a similar bmw wheel, but from years ago. It’s extremely solid. It rocks

I know there are a couple of other threads about time trials but they seem to be more about rewards (or lack of) than the event.
Starting this for those that want to discuss the tracks, cars techniques etc, like the one over at GTS Forum.

Kick off with a couple of comments about LeMans:

1) I don't think I've ever driven LeMans in the dark before - Wow! Lovely!
2) I'm well used to being many, many seconds behind Aliens in the Time Trials on GTS. But this is a whole different level! I know LeMans well, took the Peugeot 908 out and finished..... around...... 40 seconds off the leader!! How on earth do they do that???? 3 minutes 10 seconds??? OMG!
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Time Trials are a brilliant way to gauge how you're progressing as a driver and am so glad they're back here.

Best thread ever. Thanks Sea. See you soon I hope.🤞

Last edited by a moderator:
BWX
BTW if anyone wants more cannon fodder for their friend list feel free to add me! PSN @BWX232

View attachment 1338362
Just did!
But tomorrow I think I'll have more time to work on it. I'd really like to have Gold before the new one drops.
It's just a matter of time! No pun intended. I'm sure your work will pay off soon!

Ok, welcome the 18s...
TT-LeMansBug-almost3.jpg

Few corners better (super fast through Les Hunaudières), few corners worse (Indianapolis) - overall, an improvement.
Only one in a million perfect exit from Corvette allowed me to overtake my previous ghost. This and Porsche are so hard with directionals...
Some tenths are clearly there, but it's not an easy pick up.
360 kms clocked.

Super happy with breaking the 2% barrier at this track, but now the real grind begins.

Last edited:
I was struggling to get decent time for most part of yesterday's drive around sardegna, did three or four stints with 5 minute breaks to cool down my head and grab another beer after so many time invalidating wall scraping in very well known place on track
x1.jpg

managed to get my time couple of tenths over gold time, which made me follow @crome advice about CSA. No regrets here as I managed to cut another ~0,4s
x2.jpg

Right here I wanted to stop, but I was chatting with my brother on ps party while he was doing his laps of dino tt, so I decided to go for another round.I honestly have no idea how I managed to get that 0,25s down as the lap felt extremely slow.
Gonna leave it like that, and wait for new tt. Gold looks to be secured for this one :)
x3.jpg
x4.jpg

This tt was so much fun to me, but I had moments where invalidating lap for barely touching that wall on T5 trying to get there on the limit became frustrating/annoying. I don't believe that at this moment I would be able to pull that time without CSA.

Last edited:
Replaced the laser in my my PS5 yesterday. All good. Thankfully it was just the laser.

PSA: To all the feline owners here (and there are plenty), you might want to open your machines to the point where you remove the fan and give it a good wipe. 3+ years of cat hair in there was definitely not a good thing.

Will be back to my Time Trialing soon. After reading about the way the Dino handles, I cant wait to give the a go. Sounds like lots of fun. Love the loose cars.

Happy lapping everyone. :cheers:

Does the CSA on strong really work on this Dino ? As I read that almost everyone uses it and improves their time !!!!👽👽
I think you need to test it yourself few laps and see how it feels for you. I tried and didn't liked it, then I tried CSA on weak and that helped a bit on penultimate corner. however I think I can pass turn 5 faster with CSA off, but P6 Sirvia is using it so best if you test it yourself and see if it helps keep car steady or not. I mean we all know by now that some turns here you turn left to rotate car, then you turn right before the turn so you keep it steady and not rotate too much, so countersteering will depend on how you go through turns.. anyhow.. go and try :)

Ok, welcome the 18s...
View attachment 1338398

Few corners better (super fast through Les Hunaudières), few corners worse (Indianapolis) - overall, an improvement.
Only one in a million perfect exit from Corvette allowed me to overtake my previous ghost. This and Porsche are so hard with directionals...
Some tenths are clearly there, but it's not an easy pick up.
360 kms clocked.

Super happy with breaking the 2% barrier at this track, but now the real grind begins.
defunes-depité.gif

Bravo mon ami 👏👏👏👏💪💪💪
I don't know what to say anymore, except that this should stop a little !!! 🤣🤣🤣

Does the CSA on strong really work on this Dino ? As I read that almost everyone uses it and improves their time !!!!👽👽
I achieved my 1:04.663 without CSA!
But last night I did a short 30min session with CSA without improvement! But I had an optimal 1.04.5xx and I found that it helped keep the car stable in the last chicane and I didn't feel like it was slowing me down!
I must say that with CSA I feel more confident to apply the accelerator faster when exiting a corner.

So my next session I will try to activate it.

But I have to get some packet of this first:

3564700705971.jpg

Last edited:
Take your time, mon cher ami.... :D

View attachment 1338452

For our Brits friends here, this screenshot was not edited in Photoshop...
This time!
I can only thank you, Pesselles! If you where within an tenth or so, i would probably try again. With your phenomenal time i rest my case and move on to try the Master License S instead (how hard can it be!? :crazy: ).

Merci @Jeje6410 :cheers: but sorry to be late as help in your fight with the deceitful @crome... :D

Anyway, short but pleasant session this morning in Sardegna with my ballerina Dino-saur :sly:

After few warming-up laps, I've decided to work on the first turn (I was still upset after my low 28.5xx yesterday) but also, on the last one. These two "little bast--ds" ruin most of my laps since days, and I've decided this must stop.

And guess what?
After few minutes, the miracle finally happen: I've improved my previous PB by 0.266...

1710846590117.png

Sector 1: 28.441 - I've really tired to be faster here but maybe I can't. I'm starting to think that's my limit with the automatic mode.

Sector 2: 36.674 - Simply with an excellent T7 and by hitting the full throttle a bit earlier in the last turn (with a better line), I've gained nearly 0.2 sec compared to my best T2 yesterday. Incredible T2 for me.

There's probably some hundredths to gain here and there, as I'm still far from the perfect lap. But I'm not far from being violently happy!

1710848328289.png

Happy lapping, everyone 🥰

Monsieur @Pesselles many congratulations!

Holy time digging Batman! 0.3 of an improvement in such short track is huge!!

Congratulations! 🇨🇵
Muito obrigado meu amigo :cheers:

Like for Grand Valley, I finally found the key for scoring a decent lap on Sardegna.
Once you understand how to manage T7, you gain confidence, speed, and you drastically lower your time on T2.

The last turn is not much complicated.
My error was to hit the full throttle after the last turn, but you can do it much earlier, while the car is turning.

Well I have totally run out of patience at Le Mans, I spent 2 hours into this morning and got absolutely nowhere, so my time 4'31.387 will have to do for bronze. There are too many corners, turns and bends and the track limits are ridiculous here. So, I quit!

@Evilmuffin I'll never understand where you got that superb time, in the top 30. That's brilliant.

I think braking on the grass to widen the angle of the right hander at the beginning of sector 2, is technically the fastest way to execute said corner.

It's funnily enough, more consistent 🤔.

1'04.073

2 bottled 03.9's😭
I managed that accidentally :lol: :lol: but when i tried to replicate that i'm always unsettling the car by beeing on that curb just before the grass, but this is one of the most satifying corners if you nail it!

1:04.491 .... and hell naah i'm going to stick a .3 , crazy fast as always! :bowdown::bowdown:

I mean we all know by now that some turns here you turn left to rotate car, then you turn right before the turn so you keep it steady and not rotate too much
Every once in a while one of the crazy fast people let a hint slip. I have no idea what it actually means, as my method is 'just try to keep the bloody thing on the track', but I am sure this will help make somebody faster. :)

Back