Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,487 comments
no no you must not do that !!!! It's not good !!!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 1340834

Bravo mon ami for this final stretch 👏👏👏👏👏
Thanks! Really enjoying this time trial.
I went a wee bit faster 😁
Do I have to go to bed 🙈

18e81e42a1630-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here you go.

EDIT - Replaced with new and improved version.
Thanks a lot! So many fun stats to look at! :dopey:
@Dolph Drago
in graph form:

View attachment 1340673

I removed the lines for the gold, silver and bronze here (a.k.a. alien mode ;) )
The y axis is the percentile, so your worst ever result was top 9% in TT 5
While I had some good results prior, you can tell where I started to get competitive thanks to this thread. TT20. Can anyone spot Broad Bean, though? :lol: Other than 1.03% in the Mazda LM55 VGT at High Speed Ring and the awful aforementioned TT, I've somehow managed to be in the top 1% in every TT from 20 to current.
First time I've managed to do a lap in one of these TTs that I'm actually happy with. There's maybe .050 left in it. S1 was borderline perfect and S2 was a personal best, however I've never managed to do the whole thing clean since it's just gambling simulator :lol:

View attachment 1340836
Insane time. Also, 5 of the top 10 drivers are here on GTPlanet. I don't know how you guys do it. :bowdown:

Thanks a lot! So many fun stats to look at! :dopey:

While I had some good results prior, you can tell where I started to get competitive thanks to this thread. TT20. Can anyone spot Broad Bean, though? :lol: Other than 1.03% in the Mazda LM55 VGT at High Speed Ring and the awful aforementioned TT, I've somehow managed to be in the top 1% in every TT from 20 to current.

Insane time. Also, 5 of the top 10 drivers are here on GTPlanet. I don't know how you guys do it. :bowdown:
1% ! You are an animal.

Against better knowledge I did some laps before going to bed, and now I’m back in gold again, hanging by a thread though…
Managed 1.05,695 so that is a whopping 0.014 sec margin…
That is as far as I will go.
good work. I could probably run laps all night and not even break 1:06 again. I had a grand total of 3 sub :06 times in all of the hundreds of laps I logged lol.

First time I've managed to do a lap in one of these TTs that I'm actually happy with. There's maybe .050 left in it. S1 was borderline perfect and S2 was a personal best, however I've never managed to do the whole thing clean since it's just gambling simulator :lol:

View attachment 1340836
Wow just watched the replay, absolutely incredible lap my friend :cheers:.

They were all excellent but T1 had my jaw on the floor :lol: I managed to improve my own S1 using that as a guide but couldn't do anything even slightly resembling the right hander in the middle of the lap, turning and braking on that kerb is not for the faint of heart.

Ok, I think I'm done. I drove 222 miles in this TT today, far and away the most time I've ever put into a TT by a factor of 10! This one was simultaneously my favorite ever TT and the most frustrating one. I got exactly what I asked for.

It took me about 15 laps to finally get a 1:04 (1:04.989, then a .909), but I was still driven to do better because I knew I was leaving so much time out there. My optimal at time was in the 1:04.7s, but I just couldn't string together a perfect lap to save my life. It doesn't help that I'm the king at fumbling a lap at the end when everything else has gone right, and the end of this track is an ego killer because of that last corner complex.

I finally started making some headway at the top of the hill by just slowing down. The grip limits are so low, and any oversteer completely kills a lap. It is such a hard corner to nail especially because the uphill switchback before it is so fast and can so easily upset the car.

I still don't have the last complex down, and haven't found a comfortable line through these yet. I don't think I'm going to figure them out any time soon.

In the end I came up with a 1:04.878, good for 877th at the moment. I could lap this thing all day in the 1:04.9-1:05.3 range, but man... getting everything just right in this Dino is probably the biggest challenge I've ever come across in GT7.

Dino 104.PNG

I see the times are still dropping, but I think I'm safely in the top 1000. Sub 1:05s is all I wanted, but top 1000 feels good man.

Here's the last session of about 13 laps chasing my own 1:04.9 ghost. Fastest time was on lap 8.

Less than 8 hours left here, so you better get your times in!

Epic lap, @Doodle. I really love the excited power slide at the end the replay captured :lol:

I was sitting at 2.5% before you started this unbelievable assault, now down to 2.68%. Glad my Gold will survive. I'll stand by my "Safe Gold" measurement of 2.5% at the midpoint of any standard TT.

To anybody who got knocked out of Gold, at least you have good reference material now for the replay/ghost if you have any time to put in the final day. Always best to follow the WR, IMO.

161 laps today and 5 thousandths improvement, wow!

TT-SardegnaDino-almost4.jpg

That lap was good for 1:04 but very messy last corner killed it.
There were many beautiful results in sector 1 (as much as .250 ahead) only to mess the south-east corner, eh...
Time to call it and with recent WR improvement (thumbs up to Doodle) I dropped to +2.00%, but it's ok.
It was super fun, frustrating at times, but still fun. Learned some things, so that's positive.

Scrubbed off a bit much speed drifting too much through the quick right corner. Had clearly better passages through there but then couldn’t string together the final section unfortunately. Can’t complain about mentioned final section on my PB though! Quite an enjoyable TT.

Respect, Doodle! Seriously nice time, man.

18e827f162216-screenshotUrl.png

I was not expecting this gain on the final day! Well into the .4's. Even then, it could have been better considering I ran a sub .2 in the first sector the very next lap. :ouch: Oh, by the way. If you couldn't tell, I chose a color that may or may not have been orange. Blasphemy Ferrari not in red, they say! Lap improvement, I say! :lol: I'm happy with my final time, yet STILL it was not enough for the top 100 and a 👽...Argh!!
IMG_2993.jpg

Back