Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,494 comments
I don't know what it is about me and red colored cars in this game, I just can't do them. At least I can't seem to turn my best laps in them lol.

View attachment 1341100
You're right, black is also a nice color.... 🦇

1711659595272.png

My Toyota TS030 in a Batmobile way, only because the love of my life loves Batman...

This TT is a welcome break from the Dino. As much as I loved the challenge, taking it back to a race car on a "normal" circuit makes for an easier time picking up the pieces... for me at least.

Didn't have a lot of time this morning to spend here, but it only took about 7 laps to get into gold range. It helps that I've done a number of races at Fuji lately, and have been easing up on my dislike of this track. It's still strange and complicated, but not so much that one can't make sense of how to gain time back.

The GT-One is a pleasure to drive, especially at this lower power level. I never use TCS, but it definitely isn't warranted here, as you really have to push into the power to get it loose. The cockpit is nice and cozy, and with just a little adjustment to FOV there is a great view out.

One thing that annoys me a little about the Toyota here is hearing everyone talk about how it is a "downforce car", but I'll be damned if it just doesn't want to stick the front down for turn three (L hand kink) or even that much on the back of the track. I would think that it would stick better at speed, but it doesn't seem to be the case for me. I did look at a quicker lap after my session, and it doesn't seem like there is a much faster way through here than what I've already been doing.

GT-One TT.PNG

Ended today with a 1:33.286 which puts me in the 1500ish range, and that will do fine for now, but those target times are gonna keep coming down, and I will be spending much more time here when I can. This one is worth the grind!

Fastest time is on lap 4.

Happy lapping! Excited to see where everyone is here. I think we'll be seeing a lot of drivers in gold range.

Last edited:
53617779190_0977007160_k.jpg

It took a little while to get used to the car, but once i did it clicked! Still got a lot more time in the tank because that last sector of this track is absolutely dreadful. But I'm really happy the GT-One is BACK 🔥🤩

Happy lapping everyone!

You're right, black is also a nice color.... 🦇

View attachment 1341105

My Toyota TS030 in a Batmobile way, only because the love of my life loves Batman...
That is so cool. I had an Alphard Batman design once but I deleted it several months ago to save storage space in my photo gallery. Maybe Batman will help you get the gold at Fuji, xD.

What else can I say, I love this car! I remember many late nights as a kid playing GT2 with this car, the memories come flooding back. Happy with this time, optimal is a 31.5 ish, need to commit better in T2 and T3. Incredible nostalgia with this thing, i love driving it.
Gran Turismoâ„¢ 7_20240329093814.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yes! The TT where a tenth is the new second...

TT-DaytonaChap-almost.jpg

First laps in and boy, this thing on a pad is a handful.
With directionals it's ofcourse impossible, switched to analog sticks and it's barely bearable.
Right stick is rubberbanded for full gas and I'm operating left stick with BOTH thumbs pressing the stick upwards for some illusion of stability.
Steering sensitivity to -2 doesn't seem to do much, I would need -20 at least!
Turning is the smallest problem here, it's the straightening after the turn - I'm dancing all over the line.
145 laps and I didn't manage 3 valid ones in a row...

It feels like sobriety test I'm never gonna pass...
field-sobriety-test-florida.jpeg

Ok, I get it, wheel users have easier time here, but what the hell @Interemptor is on may I ask???
Some pentazemin from Solid Snake or what?

He's like "Hold the line"
toto GIF

and I'm like "Twitch and shout"
Shake It Dance GIF by floatingwoo

Gonna work on it for sure, but right now I feel a little shaky

Ah yes! The TT where a tenth is the new second...

View attachment 1341175

First laps in and boy, this thing on a pad is a handful.
With directionals it's ofcourse impossible, switched to analog sticks and it's barely bearable.
Right stick is rubberbanded for full gas and I'm operating left stick with BOTH thumbs pressing the stick upwards for some illusion of stability.
Steering sensitivity to -2 doesn't seem to do much, I would need -20 at least!
Turning is the smallest problem here, it's the straightening after the turn - I'm dancing all over the line.
145 laps and I didn't manage 3 valid ones in a row...

It feels like sobriety test I'm never gonna pass...
field-sobriety-test-florida.jpeg

Ok, I get it, wheel users have easier time here, but what the hell @Interemptor is on may I ask???
Some pentazemin from Solid Snake or what?

toto GIF

We are close to each other, I'm at 0'35.798. I hope and pray that this time will hold!

toto GIF

Toto and The Beatles both dropped a like because your reference. Edit: and Kojima as well!

Also don't forget Johnny Cash "I walk the line" as another fellow GTP member mentioned another day. 😂😂

Screenshot_20240328-222246~2.png

Last edited:
Toto and The Beatles both dropped a like because your reference. Edit: and Kojima as well!

Also don't forget Johnny Cash "I walk the line" as another fellow GTP member mentioned another day. 😂😂

View attachment 1341208
Are you ready for the new Fuji time trial? I do not think this will be an easy gold as we're dealing with a super powerful Toyota monster this time!

Are you ready for the new Fuji time trial? I do not think this will be an easy gold as we're dealing with a super powerful Toyota monster this time!

I'll try my best Chris 😃

Fuji Speedway is an ok track up to S1 and S2. But S3 is the worst work Tilke has ever done.... Pure pain!

And driving the Toyota GT One is like being reunited with an old friend, it takes me back to my GT2 days.

Last edited:
Well I just don't get it with the final corner. I follow @Tidgney ghost all the way, then I'm destroyed at the last corner. Oh well it'll be enough, but I'd really love to understand the thing.

View attachment 1341166
That final corner has as far as I know never shown a ghost or anyone you are right behind in a race. From my perspective they always seem to attack the corner from the far outside left. However watching replays they are always in the middle of the track and turning in earlier than it looks. It’s been this way since prologue. A friend said follow me and here I am completely on the far left of the turn and way late to the party.

I'll try my best Chris 😃

Fuji Speedway is an ok track up to S1 and S2. But S3 is the worst work Tilke has ever done.... Pure pain!

And driving the Toyota GT One is like being reunited with an old friend, it takes me back to my GT2 days.
S3 is walking the dog. You just have to guide it very early.

80's Fuji: :dopey:
90's Fuji: :)
Current Fuji: :yuck:

I hate turn 1. I hate the entirety of sector 3, with the chicane and final turn being the worst offenders. Corners 4-5 CAN be kinda fun since there are multiple lines you can take. Turn 6 and 7 are quite satisfying IF you hit them just right. But that only happens about 1 out of every 10 tries for me. Overall, it may be my worst track. I don't know if it's the car selection, but it's one course where I always struggle to even keep myself in the top 1,000. I like the car, though. My top 1% may be in jeopardy as well. That's what I get for bragging. :ouch:
IMG_2997.jpg

down to 1:35.092 at Fuji. But I'm really not consistent there! After I posted that time I went through abot 10 laps where I couldn't get within 2 seconds of it again! :lol:

I didn't try it yet but thinking how much i hate the last sector of this track ,ill settle myself for a safe silver and that's all.

Am highly disappointed from this car also , mostly cause i was hoping that he could find a place among the R92CP, 787 ,962 ,XJR 9 etc. but no, wasn't even close to them.

Bye bye little Dino 🥰

View attachment 1340920
Wait, this looks familiar...
IMG_3191.JPG

If we have to race the Toyota at Fuji because it competed there, they could at least have added the layout from that period. So much nicer.

View attachment 1341026
PD be like: no old layout for you!
My mom and dad trained me to be independent and not rely on others. I have to be strong and do this on my own. The only hard thing about Fuji is mastering the last sector in a quick way.
This is the biggest lie you can ever be taught.
I HATE EACH AND EVERY SINGLE CORNERS IN THE 3RD SECTOR THIS CIRCUIT!

View attachment 1341173
Not bad for a guy who hates the track.

5 laps in, still a lot of time to find. I only need to find courage to get on throttle sooner and more agressive. GTone is a forgiving car, but has its moments where the back will snap on me. :) My personal goal is to break into high 1:32 and fairly safe gold territory

Happy that this car only costs 2.5kk but still I feel I'm gonna need to grind some credits soon, I was on a shopping spree in LCD and UCD 😅
aaa.jpg

Back