Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,499 comments
Second session in the Boosty booyy....

@Evilmuffin i second your CAPS sentence... i have only pure hate for this track.
and this car doesn't make it realy better,
There are not much trials where i am so cramped up as this one, after 10 laps my hands are just ...... yeah :lol: :lol:
The amount of finger pressure i apply to get the damn thing turned in is insane and i can't seem to find that line where it just comes natural..

Did better my remote time on the big screen this morning, not happy with that lap, but it's a descent step up.

You can just see the crampy moves watching the video :lol: what made me completely stuff up the last hideous corner before the straight, should have been a .4

Not going to grind it out for sure, but i will try now and then ofcourse

20969992961739992.jpg

18e89573f9585-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I did the TT last night. The time is correct, the rest is a lie! So if you only want to read serious stuff, please skip this post!

It went quite well at first, but was ultimately disappointing. I managed to overtake @Mistah_MCA , Kie and @Tidgney in the smooth Coca-Cola corner. They somehow seemed to be commentating on their own run, for whatever reason.
Tidgney was smiling into some camera in front of him, the happiest smile I'd ever seen on a race track. So I slowed down a bit to work on my own smile. It should be perfect at the finish line.
Then back on the throttle! In the hairpin I easily passed a guy called Miyazono (never heard of him) who was plodding along on the racing line. After that, the track in front was practically clear. :sly:
So I stopped briefly at the Dunlop corner to check the oil before heading into the last nasty part of the course.

I crossed the line with my very best smile and a time of 1:33.73x.
Inexplicably, it was still silver :irked:
Obviously no one else had checked the oil! :rolleyes:

Regards
M

p.s. Sorry guys!
Be sure that I deeply respect you, your racing style and your willingness to teach us :bowdown:

Toto and The Beatles both dropped a like because your reference. Edit: and Kojima as well!

Also don't forget Johnny Cash "I walk the line" as another fellow GTP member mentioned another day. 😂😂
culture-man-of-culture.gif

There's more that come to mind like Fleetwood Mac "Walk a Thin Line" or Huey Lewis and The News "Walking on a Thin Line".
And then there's Foreigner with "Rev on the red line", oh scratch that - it doesn't apply to this broken down vacuum cleaner with a shriek like from japanese horror flicks...

It went quite well at first, but was ultimately disappointing. I managed to overtake @Mistah_MCA , Kie and @Tidgney in the smooth Coca-Cola corner. They somehow seemed to be commentating on their own run, for whatever reason.
Tidgney was smiling into some camera in front of him, the happiest smile I'd ever seen on a race track. So I slowed down a bit to work on my own smile. It should be perfect at the finish line.
Then back on the throttle! In the hairpin I easily passed a guy called Miyazono (never heard of him) who was plodding along on the racing line. After that, the track in front was practically clear. :sly:
So I stopped briefly at the Dunlop corner to check the oil before heading into the last nasty part of the course.
Was this a fever dream you had last night?
I can't judge because I had a dream I got into the 31s :lol: Which i'm choosing to see as a premonition, only 8 tenths to go!

Dreaming about GT though, maybe I need to get a life. :scared:

I did the TT last night. The time is correct, the rest is a lie! So if you only want to read serious stuff, please skip this post!

I crossed the line with my very best smile and a time of 1:33.73x.
Inexplicably, it was still silver :irked:
Obviously no one else had checked the oil! :rolleyes:

Regards
M

p.s. Sorry guys!
Be sure that I deeply respect you, your racing style and your willingness to teach us :bowdown:

Apparently, you've been spotted by the circuit camera:

Dunno what you are smoking but you should reduce a bit... like 80% less...

Apparently, you've been spotted by the circuit camera:

Dunno what you are smoking but you should reduce a bit... like 80% less...
Incidentally; I was just sinking a few White Russians in the Lebowski bar just this Sunday night gone 🤣🤣 dooo dooo dooo…

Another 20 minute session at Fuji, I’m not going to lie I do quite enjoy this one; when you get dialled in the Toyota is a bit of a pussycat and I’m all here for it!! Trials like this are where the wheel comes into it’s own and the detail you get back is rather lovely and really helps get that confidence in getting the power down. It is also one of those trials where partial/near full throttle really pays dividends, I actually love the last sector as it’s so technical with very few braking/turning points to bank on it’s all down to feel

(Sorry unpopular opinion I know 😇)

The only downside is I know I’m not far off my maximum theoretical pace so no huge improvements for Dan 😑. 1:31.xxx still the goal ☺️ new fastest replay saved under #gtp #dantes

IMG_6052.jpeg

IMG_6053.jpeg

Last edited:
I spent 20 minutes at the new Fuji TT, and started off pretty slowly - and I reckon gold will be a tall order for me on this one.

However I did manage a 1:34.171, with an optimal of 1:33.5xx, just enough for a gold at the moment, if I can just string a lap together - however I reckon that time will drop and I will struggle to get below 1:34.

2nd session with the amazing GT-One, 40 minutes were all I had to spend on the track.

The top time changed a tenth, do did I! 😂

18e8aca471062-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438201666118478_1711725258275.jpg

18e8aca701379-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438201663182453_1711725246806.jpg

My opt lap would be a 33.8 what would get me close to gold and then from that point forward it would be a fight for details.

Right now my problems are the fast left hander (coca cola I believe). I never get it with the proper speed. Every time I break and aim for the turn there's a moment of hesitation to get full throtlle again and get red flagged. Also the right hander just after that. Didn't find the right way to keep the car on the inside. Do I lift? Do I tap the breaks? Do I hold it with throttle control? 🤔

The rest of the track I kind of know what to do, but I'm still working on getting it done. Knowing and doing are indeed different things! 😂😂

Bottom line, this TT might be a trouble one for me. I see a marginal gold a possible goal but it still would be a handful task.

Last edited:
Something weird is happening - I'm beginning to like Fuji, even sector 3. Must be the car, just the right amount of power without overwhelming the grip. Much nicer than the old Group C monsters.

Image-1 (11).jpeg

How much lower do we expect the gold threshold to drop? Optimum is a 34.1 and I know I can take at least 6 tenths more than that. Need to be braver through turn 3 (Coca Cola), not happy with the chicane and the final turn line is still a mystery. Not sure a 33.5 will be safe though.

As for Daytona, nerfed the controller sensitivity to minus 2 and picked up a few thousandths, to be sure of joining the 50% gold club.

Something weird is happening - I'm beginning to like Fuji, even sector 3. Must be the car, just the right amount of power without overwhelming the grip. Much nicer than the old Group C monsters.

View attachment 1341427

How much lower do we expect the gold threshold to drop? Optimum is a 34.1 and I know I can take at least 6 tenths more than that. Need to be braver through turn 3 (Coca Cola), not happy with the chicane and the final turn line is still a mystery. Not sure a 33.5 will be safe though.

As for Daytona, nerfed the controller sensitivity to minus 2 and picked up a few thousandths, to be sure of joining the 50% gold club.
Very good start @Fezzik !!

I'm a bit faster but not that much and we clearly struggle at the same parts of that damn track.
33.5 isn't enough to be safe, I would get closer to 33.2 or lower for a safe sleep.

I'll test the sensitivity to minus 2 (as for Daytona) on my controller!

Back