Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,398 comments
I want that Alien badge pls;)

Don’t know it will hold on to top 100, but there is still a tenth I can squeeze.

View attachment 1352413
That is going to be a badge mate !, nice time!

73cca45a93f91944b2c9fdd4b05c3c53.gif

I want that Alien badge pls;)

Don’t know it will hold on to top 100, but there is still a tenth I can squeeze.

View attachment 1352413
Holy sheeet that’s fast!! 👏🏼 👏🏼 Competition hotting up at the top! @Gomario JSP getting outrageous times and even binning the Nokia to challenge… I have a bit of a conundrum..!

Day two of the boatskoda.. still horrid but my god did we find a rhythm. Here is the conundrum part two. I absolutely nailed a few laps this session and am currently well over achieving with a current p25. Which is my current highest placing of all time; inevitably I’ll drop down if I don’t improve.

So what to do!?! Do I grind, possibly for hours, to get those extra one or two tenths? Or do I accept another incredibly high finish and move on to the family Dyson? I certainly enjoy the family Dyson over racecar/oil tanker Dyson…

IMG_6669.jpeg

IMG_6670.jpeg

The only thing nagging me is that my optimum (without any major corner cutting) was 1:33.xxx

Ohhhhh the temptation!! Send help! YouTube video incoming…

Last edited:
@Chris30 I might be wrong but the Skoda somewhat falls into the same dtiving style as the Jaguar in the previous TT. Obviously they are like water and oil different however both of them needed their time to roll and find the proper turn exits.

My point is, I managed to gold the Skoda (a thin gold indeed) because I learned this lesson from the Jaguar TT. I like to think that's a personal improvement, a lesson learned and knowledge acquired. Something else added to my driving repertoire per say. All thanks to this fast thread.

With all the time you claim you have to play and all the eagerness you display here you should be able to improve too. But somehow it's not happening. You either change you approach to the TTs or dial down your expectations my friend. I say that because I believe building big expectations that are not met is no good.

As I said before, avoid comparisons at all costs. It's not healthy. And also there's no problem if you are on bronze or silver. You're part of this community because you do the TTs not because you should be on the top 100 worldwide.

With all the time you claim you have to play and all the eagerness you display here you should be able to improve too. But somehow it's not happening. You either change you approach to the TTs or dial down your expectations my friend. I say that because I believe building big expectations that are not met is no good.
Multiple people, myself included, have tried to tell Chris, multiple times, to temper his expectations. One does not force their way to gold out of sheer willpower, the time must be earned.

Holy sheeet that’s fast!! 👏🏼 👏🏼 Competition hotting up at the top! @Gomario JSP getting outrageous times and even binning the Nokia to challenge… I have a bit of a conundrum..!

Day two of the boatskoda.. still horrid but my god did we find a rhythm. Here is the conundrum part two. I absolutely nailed a few laps this session and am currently well over achieving with a current p25. Which is my current highest placing of all time; inevitably I’ll drop down if I don’t improve.

So what to do!?! Do I grind, possibly for hours, to get those extra one or two tenths? Or do I accept another incredibly high finish and move on to the family Dyson? I certainly enjoy the family Dyson over racecar/oil tanker Dyson…

View attachment 1352419
View attachment 1352420

The only thing nagging me is that my optimum (without any major corner cutting) was 1:33.xxx

wow... was you 1:33 OPT on valid sectors ?

wow... was you 1:33 OPT on valid sectors ?
Yes! I don’t know the exact splits but I was ahead of the WR ghost in first and last sectors 🤪 absolutely crazy crazy situation but the inconsistency of going fast through the bus stop chicane has cost me all my best laps 🙃 other than that T7/Toe is the corner I lose the most time, I just haven’t found a consistent way round it that matches the fastest drivers, everywhere else I’ve managed to nail one time or another!!

Yes! I don’t know the exact splits but I was ahead of the WR ghost in first and last sectors 🤪 absolutely crazy crazy situation but the inconsistency of going fast through the bus stop chicane has cost me all my best laps 🙃 other than that T7/Toe is the corner I lose the most time, I just haven’t found a consistent way round it that matches the fastest drivers, everywhere else I’ve managed to nail one time or another!!
well in that case if I was you , definitely chasing that 33, go for it mate !!!!

Multiple people, myself included, have tried to tell Chris, multiple times, to temper his expectations. One does not force their way to gold out of sheer willpower, the time must be earned.
I absolutely agree about earning it. The problem I have is that I forget (or ignore) good advice. I am prone to just try and drive faster. My best results are when I practice with intent. I think Evilmuffin talked about things to practice. I am still not very good, and in high downforce cars, outright terrible. One method that works for me is to turn on the cone markers and drive with the sole intent of hitting every apex cone without watching lap times. I am aware that the apex cones are not always in the right place, but in theory it creates consistency, and at least for me, leads to better lap times. There are some videos on YouTube about practicing with intent. Practice usually isn't fun, but for a lot of us it is the only way to improve.

@Chris30 I might be wrong but the Skoda somewhat falls into the same dtiving style as the Jaguar in the previous TT. Obviously they are like water and oil different however both of them needed their time to roll and find the proper turn exits.

My point is, I managed to gold the Skoda (a thin gold indeed) because I learned this lesson from the Jaguar TT. I like to think that's a personal improvement, a lesson learned and knowledge acquired. Something else added to my driving repertoire per say. All thanks to this fast thread.

As I said before, avoid comparisons at all costs. It's not healthy. And also there's no problem if you are on bronze or silver. You're part of this community because you do the TTs not because you should be on the top 100 worldwide.
I agree with what you said there, I need to change my approach and study the replays and ghosts. I don't need to earn gold in every TT, the point of doing them is to have fun and learn the track using the car provided for us. That's the crux of the matter.

I do like the design of the Skoda and the feel of the car.

I am going to assume that you have already tried slipspace and folding time-space for the toe. :D There seems to be quite a few discussions that may help people who can actually drive (which excludes me) about this particular piece of track post-repaving. The gist seems to be a slower turn minimum and a better exit by way of "park and rotate". I am not trying to give advice, I would be thrilled if my laps even began to approximate your worst laps, only asking if you are aware of the discussions about this particular issue. Here is one link:
Keep up the great laps!

I agree with what you said there, I need to change my approach and study the replays and ghosts. I don't need to earn gold in every TT, the point of doing them is to have fun and learn the track using the car provided for us. That's the crux of the matter.

I do like the design of the Skoda and the feel of the car.
I say that with care, my friend.

I do know that having expectations not met is no good, and trust me I know that by experience.

Take care buddy.

View attachment 1352419
View attachment 1352420

Holy crappies..... how in the world could you set a 33.....??... that's insane mate, would be epic if you got that, we will pray for that!
you realy have made a step forward these last TT's!,

The worst of it all.... Or do I accept another incredibly high finish and move on to the family Dyson?

forgot you already did set a very low .7xx there??!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The humbleness..... :lol::lol::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Arghh, what are you guys even talking about? 1:33? Come on...

If I ever have to consult a psychiatrist, the first thing he'll tell me will be this: Get these people off your friends list! You have to look upwards all the time. This is not helpful, neither with your inferiority complex nor with you sore neck... 🤪

Last edited:
Arghh, what are you guys even talking about? 1:33? Come on...

If I ever have to consult a psychiatrist, the first thing he'll tell me will be this: Get these people off your friends list! You have to look up all the time. This is not helpful, neither with your inferiority complex nor with you sore neck... 🤪
Come, come. Back down to earth for thee. Where we mere mortals play for reasonable gold and silver times.

@Metalgear9493 you really done some mess with improving WR by more then 2 tenths...
Now Jeddah will gone mad and we will suffer 😅

Congrats of taking number 1

Weather he beats my time or not, I can forsee that I'll have the fastest available ghost for quite some time. So lesser skilled drivers can chase and learn from, and improve their pace and knowledge of driving.

Thanks mate.

Found a good thing with the electric cars for the TTs. Don't have to concentrate on the sound of the engine to shift and can blast some music while driving. 😅

Improved my time by a bit over .6s even though I had a really bad last turn and lost .3s

The orange helped too 😎😂

18f3f4b573790-screenshotUrl.jpg

18f3f4ba78d97-screenshotUrl.jpg

Latest Posts

Back