Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,442 comments
Still working from behind. Finally got in a couple of stints in the Skoda. Got gold in Stint 1, but knew there was more time out there for me, so I watched @Tidgney 's video, raced his ghost for a while, and got a time I'm satisfied with.

Can't complain about getting under the 2% mark. I might be able to eek out a few more tenths but I want to do the weeklies and get started on the new TT, because it seems everyone is having a lot of fun with it. :)

TT_WatkinsGlen_Skoda.jpeg

I hope everyone had a safe weekend, happy Cinco de Mayo! (May 5th)

We went to a festival in our local town and had refreshments and hit the pinata. And listened to all kinds of music, it was fun. So I took a solid break from racing/reading the forums today. But now it's time to get back to work. I got my work cut out for me this upcoming week.

I enjoyed driving the afeela enough that i decided to have another go at it. Once you get into a rhythm, its so satisfying to drive and honestly one of the better car/track combos in my opinion. Top 500 is on the cards, still a little messy in places. Glad to see most other people are enjoying it as much as I am! I reckon its a pretty good looking car in the right colour with nice wheels.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240506123008.jpg

I decided to move on to the Afeela today. After a particularly difficult workout yesterday and not very restful sleep, I've been quite fatigued the last couple days and I wanted to do something a bit slower paced.

It's quite an agreeable car to drive. No real drama, just easy I guess. Gold was achieved after my first valid lap. And faster still as I found a tenth here or there a-feela-ing my way around track limits.

18f4ee6ce2196-screenshotUrl.jpg
18f4ee6df4f20-screenshotUrl.jpg

I might not spend much time here if next week's TT is a non-EV. But a 2:15 might be possible if I keep pushing.

Very busy the next couple days though, closing on a new house 1400 miles away. I'm ready to get back to some normalcy in my routine.

Did another 20 laps with the Skoda tonight and had a LOT of good sectors, but unfortunately not combined in a valid lap… Until i finally held it together and snuck into a VERY unsafe gold!
1:36.659 is only 0.05% in golden territory so the gold might turn to silver, but my optimal is at 1:36.078 so I might just be able to brush off a tenth or two…

Back