Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,618 comments
The days follow one another and look the same on GT7 🤣🤣 with an improvement in my time at 1'28'402 with optimal time at 1'28'378
17154333598207091441688031971064.jpg

So there are friends who were wondering if activated ASM would help with this car. So I will tell you that I know absolutely nothing about it 🤣🤣. It may also be due to a moment when I was feeling good. So I didn't see any big differences.🤔🤔 I hope this answer helped you 🤣🤣

After mister @Dan_Tes showing up at LM, i thought it's a good idea to make my Top10 spot a bit safer.

And what a surprise... it was'nt a good idea. 😂😂

Managed to get a .466 at S2, which was nearly 2 tenths faster than on my old record. 😳

Crossing the line it was a massive improvement from 2:14,958 to 2:14,951... 😂😂😂🤬🤬🤬

A few laps later, another possibility with a .503 at S2...

IMG_20240511_151933.jpg

....🤬😂😂😂

How does ASM help benefit a driver during a lap run? Does it make the car stable? What features and things does it do to improve the car? I'd like to know more about it, because I see you guys posting about it a lot, plus the CSA too and TCS. I gotta find that 1 second to reach the gold zone. I need all the skill and knowledge in order to succeed. I've only got 5 days left, that's it. Hopefully no one will try to steal the WR time.

Last edited:
Finally healed enough to get back to GT7 after the week-long break I took. First (valid lap) in the Scirocco was already a 1:28.9 so things were looking good…or so I thought.

Next 15 mins saw me down to 1:28.5, then 1:28.1 in another 30 mins so thought I should be able to get into 1:27’s before bed time.

— 2 hours later at 02:00 UK time —

1:28.048. Not ideal but will leave it to another day, really just need to string those good sectors together. I do think I have another 2/10th in sector 1 as well…

J6975uf.md.jpg

J6977j4.md.jpg

Last edited:
ASM didn’t change anything for me. In fact I felt better without it (felt somewhat restricted when attacking corkscrew).

Without assists I improved my time with a whopping 0.065 secs:). Funny, I gained 20 places in the standings with such a small gain. Tight TT for sure. Optimal down to .7xx but it’s really difficult to nail it. Happy lapping folks.

Yeah I felt like I found the groove more than that the ASM actually did much but I know these things are very individual to the way we drive so it never can hurt to use every advantage if it makes us faster. Next session I'll try it off again and see where I fall.

Ugh, I suuuck at this one. I couldn't string together a clean lap if my life depended on it. It only took 3 laps to get into gold, but my goal was 1:28s, and you'd think I'd completely forgot what an apex was. I spent about an hour here, consistently in the very high 1:28s to 1:29.1-1:29.3s.,but actually getting well into the 28s was murdering me.

It's not the cars fault, it's all me. The Scirocco is good, but it does seem like when the grip starts to go it's gone and I just wasn't changing my habits to fit the car. Ended with a 1:28.681 but there are still lots of mistakes. If I could get my act together 1:27s are within reach... but I just suck at driving today.

Scirocco TT.jpg

Last session with the fastest lap:

On a side note, for any of you that post to YT, have you ever experienced your views tanking? I don't get a lot of them, usually only 100-300 or so, but the last few weeks has been single digits and I can only imagine it's because YT had found a reason to never show my videos to subscribers.

Last edited:
On a side note, for any of you that post to YT, have you ever experienced your views tanking? I don't get a lot of them, usually only 100-300 or so, but the last few weeks has been single digits and I can only imagine it's because YT had found a reason to never show my videos to subscribers.
This gaming channel has no subs and I've gone years a time w/o uploading but I've been on youtube with my main channel since 2006. Algorithm is IMHO heavily manipulated BS now. Don't expect to get views unless you have a large following and promote the hell out of every single vid somehow off-site, it's the platform as a whole catering to larger channels more and more.

And they actively punish you for not uploading constantly on a schedule, and following other unspoken "rules". You can see it plain as day in analytics. It's not about click through rate or watch time like it used to be, even if it's good they still bury your vids. It's not like it used to be, there's nothing organic about it anymore. Plus GT7 is old now. They always want the "hot new thing". Plus you may be on a list of certain "type of person" that they don't want to help in any way. The main demographic of GT7 players for instance. Upload as a hobby and don't expect any traffic unless you plan to work 12 hours a day at it for equivalent of $0.50 / hour. I like to do it because someday GT7 servers will go offline and at least there will be some vids we can watch about "the good old days" of Gran Turismo if youtube still exists then. 🤷‍♂️

youtube GT7 algorithm LOL.jpg

Last edited:
BWX
This gaming channel has no subs and I've gone years a time w/o uploading but I've been on youtube with my main channel since 2006. Algorithm is IMHO heavily manipulated BS now. Don't expect to get views unless you have a large following and promote the hell out of every single vid somehow off-site, it's the platform as a whole catering to larger channels more and more.

And they actively punish you for not uploading constantly on a schedule, and following other unspoken "rules". You can see it plain as day in analytics. It's not about click through rate or watch time like it used to be, even if it's good they still bury your vids. It's not like it used to be, there's nothing organic about it anymore. Plus GT7 is old now. They always want the "hot new thing". Plus you may be on a list of certain "type of person" that they don't want to help in any way. The main demographic of GT7 players for instance. Upload as a hobby and don't expect any traffic unless you plan to work 12 hours a day at it for equivalent of $0.50 / hour. I like to do it because someday GT7 servers will go offline and at least there will be some vids we can watch about "the good old days" of Gran Turismo if youtube still exists then. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1354755
Thanks for the info, it's pretty much as I expected.

I only ever uploaded for myself and to show others that are interested, but I gained a tiny following and it was nice to see it grow a little organically for a minute. Figures that YT wouldn't allow that to continue.

I typed out a big old rant about how everything good is made to suck by corporate BS, but that's not what yall are here for!

BWX

View attachment 1354755
Cool new avatar, I just noticed it a moment ago. I do miss the gt2 days where there would be the license tests and all the campaign events. And we had a wide variety of tracks to choose from for where we wanted to race and practice laps.

EDIT: New PB of 2'19.494 using Ed_Night's ghost. I will post the video later on. Less than a second from the gold zone!!

And happy Mother's Day to everyone. We all need to spend time with our mom's that raised us and took care of us when we were young.

Last edited:
I could barely keep my eyes open this morning due too the nightly search for Aurora, but treated myself with lots of coffey trying to find some focus......reasonable hard 😂😂 but after a lot of km's I finaly was on @Evilmuffin his tail with a .016 🙈
Saved the screenshot and went out again....

1000020140.jpg

It like....27's..................
1000020143.gif

Ooh come ooonnnnnn....😂😂...saved the screenshot and went again.....

Some salami shenanigan action later and finally had a descent run!

1000020142.jpg

1000020141.jpg

Hello 27....

Still room in this lap for sure but man I had to work for those last tenth....
Very fun but very frustrating tt 😂

I could barely keep my eyes open this morning due too the nightly search for Aurora, but treated myself with lots of coffey trying to find some focus......reasonable hard 😂😂 but after a lot of km's I finaly was on @Evilmuffin his tail with a .016 🙈
Saved the screenshot and went out again....

View attachment 1354810

It like....27's..................
View attachment 1354814

Ooh come ooonnnnnn....😂😂...saved the screenshot and went again.....

Some salami shenanigan action later and finally had a descent run!

View attachment 1354811

View attachment 1354812

Hello 27....

Still room in this lap for sure but man I had to work for those last tenth....
Very fun but very frustrating tt 😂

Bravo mon ami 👏👏👏
you scare me with that goat and its tongue 😱😱 🤣🤣....I don't want to know what you want to do with it 🤗🤗🤗 🤣🤣🤣

Is it only me or is the Laguna Seca time trial not listed in the Sport section on gran-turismo.com?
I like to check on the phone from time to time if my time is still gold and where I am overall.
Is there any other source where I could check that?

Get a load of this, man I should have pushed harder. I didn't quite do it fast enough. You can see I loaded Ed's ghost at the beginning. It helps me a lot by having the ghost reset each sector. I can see where it brakes, turns and corners. And I can see what landmarks it brakes near. I gotta keep pushing today, but I also need to spend some quality time with my mom who raised me and has always been there for me.

So, for whoever watches this, which sectors or parts of the track am I losing time? I know the first 3 turns are tricky and are killing my time/groove on the track. I don't really have any good lines or rhythms.

The middle section at Sectors 2-3 got me hesitated and I kind of lost my rhythm there, if I had gotten it correct I could have saved a second there which would have gotten me a lap in the 2'18'000's.

Let me know if you looked at my video, any feedback would be helpful. And thank you for taking the time to help me, :)

Is it only me or is the Laguna Seca time trial not listed in the Sport section on gran-turismo.com?
I like to check on the phone from time to time if my time is still gold and where I am overall.
Is there any other source where I could check that?
It is just the picture being missing that makes it look invisible sometimes. They often do that, only adding the picture late into the event. Here is a direct link. https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/sportmode/event/9755/

Well I'm going to eat breakfast, make sure to watch my video. I better not forget about Mother's day or my mom will be upset. She puts 200% in everyday helping me and maintaining our home and I've got to give her a break so she can rest. I'll check in here at a later time today. I have business to take care of.

@Gomario JSP what an amazing lap, I just saw the video 20 minutes ago, keep rolling!!

Last edited:
Hi Chris I couldn’t watch your video fully sorry but I can promise you that only two corners will guarantee you at least a second. It’s the second and third corners. Just aim for the inside for the second one and hard brake. You must ride inside the kerb until the end. The key is; roll inside without throttle, wait, wait, be patient, be sure you are fully inside, then go full throttle and just follow the ghost. Early throttle in the exit will make you smile. Don’t touch brake or throttle midcorner. it’s unnecessary and costing you time. For the third no brake necessary. Just release throttle mid corner and lean on to the left handside. Hope it helps. Take care

Last edited:
Well I'm going to eat breakfast, make sure to watch my video. I better not forget about Mother's day or my mom will be upset. She puts 200% in everyday helping me and maintaining our home and I've got to give her a break so she can rest. I'll check in here at a later time today. I have business to take care of.

@Gomario JSP what an amazing lap, I just saw the video 20 minutes ago, keep rolling!!
Thanks Chris, happy with that lap too 😁
And indeed dont forget that mothersday, mothersday and lapping are the goals today 😁😂,
you got a good base lap, @BeRSeRKeR_TR said it all, that's good advice, to add up... last corner you can win some descent time too, try to use the inner curb all the way so you dont run to wide and have to lift that much.

But good base Chris

At the moment I seem to have lost the love for these TTs, not sure if it's the understeering cars that we've been having, but i just haven't got the drive to push anymore.

I had fun with the win at Laguna Seca with the Prius this morning, of all the cars to like that was not one I expected but it was great.

I missed the Skoda VGT TT with not having any other spare time before it ended.

Still in gold by a few tenths with the AFEELA.

Jumped in the Scirocco expecting it to be fun but the Prius was much better to drive round this track.

The understeer is horrendous, glad I didn't buy the car for this one, just naturally went for the orange rental.

After 76miles I am in a safe gold position at 1:29.114 with an optimal of 1:28.886 but I'm just not finding the fun in it at all to push that extra out of it 😔

Does anyone think the AFEELA is going to change much? Currently I'm at 2:18.363 and gold is 2:18.566 so not so safe for my liking.

Last edited:
Hey, @Chris30, not a bad lap! Sector 1 looked pretty good. There are two corners in particular that can help your time. The goofy right hander at the start of sector 2 can be a pain in the butt. You are braking and turning in way early for the corner. Taking a wider entrance will allow you to keep up more speed and allow a better angle for the exit. The other is the final turner that @Gomario JSP mentioned. You turned in late (which is very easy to do), but you could use a lot more of the outside of the track on exit.

Morning Folks and Happy (US) Mothers’ Day!! First 100 miles in the Scirocco around Laguna Seca has yielded positive results. The tight right behind the pits is my nemesis though and dropped a couple of tenths to my best. Optimal of a 28.1 based on this run but won’t happen unless I can get some consistency in that turn - for now though this is a pretty good starting point :cheers:

ABS weak as others have suggested, but no ASM
1715535472438.jpeg

1715535486628.jpeg

Last edited:
Still working on Lago Maggiore. And after a long, 30 lap stint, I'm A-feela-ing it in my neck.

But I did manage some progress and finally broke into the 2:15's, if only just.

18f6df5e2ea22-screenshotUrl.jpg
18f6df5f96864-screenshotUrl.jpg

Again, my optimal time is dropping faster than my valid laps. I'm finding it a bit frustrating that I'm still so far away from the optimal lap, usually I can get within a tenth or two. But almost half a second gap persists.

Luckily, the more involved stages of my move next month have passed, so I still have a few more days to try and work this out.

Last edited:
This was pretty good for me without spending too much time on the lap! Blew a few chicanes apexes, miss-shifted down the corkscrew (I swear I clicked it though, hmm.. 🤔) But it was very late and had to quit. Hope to get a better time soon, mid 1:28s very possible. Weak ABS no aids. Following fastest ghost / PSVR2. GT DD X/ GT7 FFB settings in vid. Flipped the car in VR in forst few seconds of vid. 😵
edit- blew apexes not chicanes. That must have been a "senior moment". I even made the mistake in the text in vid and never caught it. WTF is wrong with me LOL? I know the difference. 🤷‍♂️

GT7- PSVR2- Scirocco -WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca TT Gold Lap.jpg

GT7 looking good

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_.jpg

Last edited:
Back