Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,841 comments
I know @Metalgear9493 already answered the question.
But i found something about Mr. Holland that i want to share with you guys.
We will understand better, why he is so fast.

I hope he doesn't mind, because it's a little bit private and he doesn't wear any clothes...

...but here it is.

The first known image of D. Holland.

View attachment 1356177
I don't know about that seating position, but hey if you feel comfortable that's all that matters.

Got an important improvement. I was struggling to begin with, and as such, I shaved off 0.002 to achieve this time :lol:

Screenshot_38.png

Just a point on the sensitivity setting, you won't 'feel' it, it's not like force feedback, it's not going to change the strength or speed of the wheel you use, it's more reaction time from you turning the wheel to the car steering in game.

The same as @Barareklam said about using motion steering, there is no 'feel' in the force feedback on a controller as it isn't fixed to anything to be able to do that, again this setting affects the reaction time from turning the controller to the car steering in game.

Last edited:
Second session @Laguna Seca, still following @Tidgney's ghost, nice improvement and nice consistency. Gold seems at reach with more training. Still a lot of potential in some turns, need to watch a lap guide.

18f880a839c2-screenshotUrl.jpg

18f880ab35195-screenshotUrl.jpg

Did one lap at Brands Hatch with the Silvia, to get the feeling of it. In bronze at the moment, it will need work but it can be fun, the ideal would be to get a comfy gold at LS to move on to the Silvia.

Last edited:
Good evening friends!!

IMG_6859.jpeg

I wouldn’t have believed it when we started but that’s another personal best finish for me and I think fifth top 50 finish in a row 😱

Sadly I think the Scirocco will be an end to this; I’ve never truly figured out front wheel drive cars on this game and will I’m getting the hang of it now, it’s not enjoyable for me so I can’t imagine grinding for the two or three tenths that I need is something I’ll do.. but I might do it anyway for the craic (and probably get nowhere 🤗🙄). Top 100 for my favourite 👽 bestowed by @half_sourly might be doable. But yeah. The tyre/car/track combo for the new one fills me with dread but I might give it a go, anyone struggling on a wheel? Feels like a controller friendly trial but.. at least it’s rear wheel drive, has an engine and gears right (it is RWD right!?!)

At least the Scirocco is a good looker unlike the last few 😍

IMG_6861.jpeg

IMG_6860.jpeg

Good evening friends!!

View attachment 1356284

I wouldn’t have believed it when we started but that’s another personal best finish for me and I think fifth top 50 finish in a row 😱

Sadly I think the Scirocco will be an end to this; I’ve never truly figured out front wheel drive cars on this game and will I’m getting the hang of it now, it’s not enjoyable for me so I can’t imagine grinding for the two or three tenths that I need is something I’ll do.. but I might do it anyway for the craic (and probably get nowhere 🤗🙄). Top 100 for my favourite 👽 bestowed by @half_sourly might be doable. But yeah. The tyre/car/track combo for the new one fills me with dread but I might give it a go, anyone struggling on a wheel? Feels like a controller friendly trial but.. at least it’s rear wheel drive, has an engine and gears right (it is RWD right!?!)

At least the Scirocco is a good looker unlike the last few 😍

View attachment 1356285
View attachment 1356286
104th!!?? Holy hell man you suck!

:lol:

104th!!?? Holy hell man you suck!

:lol:

Dude if someone had said I’d be posting these times this time 18 months ago I would have laughed myself silly 🤪

Amazing how far I’ve come and it just shows how it’s possible to go from feeling like you can never get gold to absolutely being on top of your game with a lot of discipline and practice (and fun, it’s more fun than ever!!)

Lovely picture @Fezzik, I wish I was that creative with my pictures! This time trial-time of day is really stunning

Hugh Jackman Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Dude if someone had said I’d be posting these times this time 18 months ago I would have laughed myself silly 🤪

Amazing how far I’ve come and it just shows how it’s possible to go from feeling like you can never get gold to absolutely being on top of your game with a lot of discipline and practice (and fun, it’s more fun than ever!!)

Lovely picture @Fezzik i wish I was that creative! This time trial time of day is really stunning!

Yeah I'm not sure I'll ever get to those lofty heights (actually, I'm pretty sure I won't! lol). Getting consistent golds is probably about as good as I can hope for I think. I'd be pretty pleased with myself if I ever got into the top 1000...I've certainly gotten a little quicker over the past couple months though and that's satisfying.

Last edited:
What does the king of analysis @Tidgney think ?
I have always gone to the maximum sensitivity. I mean the reason it was brought in was because of something I did and nobody else 👀. But it just means steering happens quicker as far as I'm aware I've not read to deep into it. But the reason it originally was brought in was because the Vettel challenge in the x2010 car was near on impossible on a pad because of something I called "Pad Lag". So the Suzuka esses if you do the first left, you have to start turning right before you get to the right due to the delay between left and right, now imagine that for 5 corners 😂. Took me months to gold on a pad. I can certainly try to come up with some form of testing to see I suppose in the modern day with GT7

Took me months to gold on a pad.
👀 If it took someone like you that long to gold the Vettel challenge, then I don't feel so bad about never making it!

Anywho...back to Brands today. I like these loosey goosey cars. I always do better in them than any of the race cars and/or understeery vehicles. I haven't been this high up in the global standings since the Alpine at Watkins Glen (when I got dropped one spot to #51 on the final day). I may very well be looking at only my third top 100, which feels like it's been forever (#101-200 has been another story). And I know there's another couple of tenths in it.
IMG_3161.jpg

Hey guys,

work and other priorities currently keep me from spending as much time with the game and in this thread as I'd like, both of which I really miss. At least I took the Silvia out for a ride today and had a lot of fun with it. I achieved gold pretty quickly following @Metalgear9493's ghost 🙏 , then spent another 30 minutes or so to improve to my current PB:

1715985012139.png

This was with an S2 split that was four tenths worse than my best, so a 1:45.x is definitely in the cards, and I hope I find the time to collect it.

In the meantime, sit tight and wait for me to fully return, faster than ever.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm not a total fan of the Prix circuit as I am the Indy part of Brands Hatch. I will need some help this time, last time I was on my own at Maggiore with the Afeela. This Nissan car is not stable and it produces some understeer when I turn sometimes, so this TT is not a breeze.

@crome, what is your master plan for getting gold this time, I need to map out a concrete schedule and plan for this TT, how would i handle each sector quickly without any errors? I have to ask myself that. And what do I need to have the CSA and the other settings set to?

I’m struggling a lot at BH. A lot of laps in but nowhere near the pace. Began to think that I’m missing an important piece in the puzzle or I just plain suck:D

Didn’t touch the controller sensivity so far. Will max it after Tidgney’s comment. But I suspect it won’t change it much.

Sub 45 guys, do you use any assists? Counter steering etc?

I’m struggling a lot at BH. A lot of laps in but nowhere near the pace. Began to think that I’m missing an important piece in the puzzle or I just plain suck:D

Didn’t touch the controller sensivity so far. Will max it after Tidgney’s comment. But I suspect it won’t change it much.

No assists for me. There is a fine between letting the car continue turning without any input which can lead to sliding and scrubbing off speed exiting the corner vs. counter steering slightly too much and the car understeering out of the corner. There's that sweet spot where you exit the turns neutrally, but it can be difficult to hit. I guess it's plausible that CS may help those struggling, though I haven't tested it out.

I also have no idea if turning the sensitivity down will help stabilize the car in those conditions (corner exit). I figure it would hurt corner entry since getting the car sideways to get that initial turn in is key. I've got it set at 10 regardless.

Woke the PS from sleep today and as sometimes happens, I had zero force feedback in the wheel. So I thought I'd try Brands Hatch anyway as I hadn't made bronze yesterday after quite a few laps. Comfortable bronze on second lap - probably because turning the wheel more than I would with feedback. I don't really like the feedback from this Nissan for some reason, so having it not working, worked!

No assist for me too. Just the controller sensivity at 10 like @Tidgney

No assist for me too. Just the controller sensivity at 10 like @Tidgney
I have the sensitivity always on 2 but will try higher as well. Let's see if it makes a difference.

Tried with no assists yesterday but really struggled and put CSA on. Was a bit easier to drive but kinda felt like the exits were not as smooth and I lost time.

Back