Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,242 comments
Hello @Gorefast , hello friends :)

I'm silent because I'm busy on many others things than the BH TT. For example, working on the CE to improve my skills :

View attachment 1357038

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

I'm also busy because I'm leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks holidays in Lofoten:

View attachment 1357039

Have fun, and enjoy every minute played on GT7, friends :)
See u in 2 weeks!

Party Hello GIF by agenturkoch
Bonnes vacances mon ami !!!!
Enjoy it and above all rest. The Lofoten Islands look very beautiful !!!!!!
Take good care of yourself 🤗🤗🤗

This is getting too close for comfort! :scared: If it makes you feel better, I couldn't come within half of a second of my best time in my session last night. I was just bad...everywhere, though my optimal was a .7. I will say that sector 2 is a mystery. I have laps where I get through there and feel great about it. That is until I look down and see my split in red as I'm bleeding time. Then I'll have what feels like a rough turn there, only to see my split is well up. Weird.

I was surprised when I found myself in front of Kie, as well. I then came to the same conclusion he would crush me if he actually tried for the whole TT! :lol:
Indeed to close for comfort, but my motivation :lol:
I noticed that those sectors are a bit decieving after turn 4..
I have had runs with .290 there and Metal just takes of, and had .500 where he almost doesn't get away from me,
If you apex more early it clearly shows a lower sector time but the price you pay at the end of the straight is fairly big..
So right in the middle with a .4xx did the trick :lol::lol::lol:, sorry mate ❤️
I will upload it later if it held, i was 2 tenths down in the main straight and half a tenth in last corner 😭 what saved my lap was a magical and absolute perfection sector 4 😆 i just went like **** it gonna risk it so hard,,, and it worked haha. Definitely there is 43.4 or high 3 in it but I wont bother until I get beat. I hate this track, too narrow 💔
It's always beautiful to see your laps, and i learned some tricks along the way watching them, got better thanks to you guys, big thanks for that!, can't wait to see it later :):)
It's bizar that i think i did a fairly descent lap with place 21 @1:44.718 ..... you have more than a second :lol: :lol: :bowdown:
I had mixed feelings about this track cuase indeed it's narrow, but for some reason i do quite good here so i did learn to appriciate it :)

Awesome mate!

I had a morning run today, took me ages to get in that window of hotlaps, it just did not slide the way i wanted, but in the end i had a descent run :), my hands did hurt a little bit from pressing throttle ( R2) to the ground everytime on exits...., i need to learn to relaxe....:lol:

Still more room in it and i'll try until thursday and hop on to the new one :) but 21...... not to Shaaabyyyy :lol:

18f99b545fe29-screenshotUrl.jpg

18f99b55a0d20-screenshotUrl.jpg

Have a nice day folks!

Last edited:
Lol, I wish I could be silent all the time so I can break records secretively. Wow, this Brands Hatch TT is harder than I thought. I'm at 1'50.316 and I still haven't found any reference points or things to help reduce my time. I've got to do something. I think I may as well face it for the Weathertech TT, I'll probably earn bronze as I have run out of patience. I think I did good- 1'31.931. I almost had silver btw. So I am not worried about it, I'll win something.

Lol, I wish I could be silent all the time so I can break records secretively. Wow, this Brands Hatch TT is harder than I thought. I'm at 1'50.316 and I still haven't found any reference points or things to help reduce my time. I've got to do something. I think I may as well face it for the Weathertech TT, I'll probably earn bronze and have run out of patience. I think I did good- 1'31.931. I almost had silver btw. So I am not worried about it, I'll win something.
Can't point you to any reference points, but I learned that weight transfer and throttle control are important factors to consider. You previously posted about understeer/oversteer issues highlighting the importance of understanding car dynamics. When you watch a guide or follow a ghost, analyze not only where to brake/accelerate but how much and why and what it does with the weight shifting around. Practice feeling out the body's momentum and change in pitch, roll and yaw and what it does to the grip of each tyre.

There's a point where you should feel what the car does, regardless of your input method (wheel or pad). This is where the tenths start dropping and the fun starts, especially in a low powerd RWD car on low grip tyres.

Here's a 60 second vid covering the basics of weight transfer:

Edit: And maybe the best advice from a great sim tut channel:

Last edited:
Can't point you to any reference points, but I learned that weight transfer and throttle control are important factors to consider. You previously posted about understeer/oversteer issues highlighting the importance of understanding car dynamics. When you watch a guide or follow a ghost, analyze not only where to brake/accelerate but how much and why and what it does with the weight shifting around. Practice feeling out the body's momentum and change in pitch, roll and yaw and what it does to the grip of each tyre.

There's a point where you should feel what the car does, regardless of your input method (wheel or pad). This is where the tenths start dropping and the fun starts, especially in a low powerd RWD car on low grip tyres.

Here's a 60 second vid covering the basics of weight transfer:

Edit: And maybe the best advice from a great sim tut channel:

@Chris30
I am by far too slow to give advices, but I would like to place a remark to the idea (presented in the second video) of characterizing turns and linking gear or throttle information and using shortcuts for special information. It could also be useful to write it down if the track is long and complex.
I did this due to the preparation for the Nordschleife Circuit Experience, because it helped me to memorize.

Even if it looked crazy... 😜

1000010779.jpg

Enjoy every improvement!
Martin

@Chris30
I am by far too slow to give advices, but I would like to place a remark to the idea (presented in the second video) of characterizing turns and linking gear or throttle information and using shortcuts for special information. It could also be useful to write it down if the track is long and complex.
I did this due to the preparation for the Nordschleife Circuit Experience, because it helped me to memorize.

View attachment 1357105

Enjoy every improvement!
Martin
Lovely cheat sheet. "Grip suchen" sounds like just the right amount of slip angle fish tailing :D

Lol, I wish I could be silent all the time so I can break records secretively. Wow, this Brands Hatch TT is harder than I thought. I'm at 1'50.316 and I still haven't found any reference points or things to help reduce my time. I've got to do something. I think I may as well face it for the Weathertech TT, I'll probably earn bronze as I have run out of patience. I think I did good- 1'31.931. I almost had silver btw. So I am not worried about it, I'll win something.

I consider myself to be a very average driver so I'm not sure i can help you. I don't really have the time or mental capacity atm to give actual tips or advice. However, my replays for both current tt's are shared and it's possible they might help a little.

Good luck my friend

@Chris30

View attachment 1357105

Enjoy every improvement!
Martin
This reminded me, there's a video of Valentino Rossi being driven around the Nords with his BMW team, and at Hatzenbach he says "in Gran Turismo you can take this nearly flat out" (or something very similar) which I always thought was super cool...

Edit - Rossi says “In Gran Turismo this flat is not easy” (around 3:30)

Last edited:
This reminded me, there's a video of Valentino Rossi being driven around the Nords with his BMW team, and at Hatzenbach he says "in Gran Turismo you can take this nearly flat out" (or something very similar) which I always thought was super cool...
Unfortunately I did not often have the line to nearly flat it out, but most of the time I was flying out 😄
Therefore I marked the turn with a "5L" in my sheet meaning "throttle lift in 5th gear" 😏

But unfortunately that's just one difference between me and him.
Another one...

Having a date he introduces himself with "Hello, I am Valentino Rossi, perhaps you heard about me..."

That's pretty cool.

If I say "Hello, I am Mieze from the GTPlanet" my date calls the police immediately 😆

Cheers
Martin

Sorry for chattering 🫢

Last edited:
New test today in Brands Hatch and improve my time at 1'45'333 with optimal time at 1'44'857
View attachment 1357139

You are on fire mate!, 164th..... 😱😱 that's no joke!
Nice and steady lap!
1:45.175 is top 100, if you work on your first 2 sectors your there easly 😁👌😜 you are very vast mate!

Well done!

now hunt that OPT 😁😁

Had to go back to Laguna Seca
Just like @Fezzik I got kicked out of Gold by a tiny bit.
Well, had a late night session last night starting at around 1am and a bit after 2am I'm back into gold
lstt.png

I hope all the aliens moved over to Brands Hatch and this holds now.
Struggling way more than expected with this one.
The car isn't that bad to drive, but I can't really push it. If I try I always mess it up and can't get a lap in. Optimum would be in the 28s almost a second faster.
Well, this lap I had a really good first half and then played it really safe from the corkscrew to the finish line.

That's a very tidy lap mate - well done!
Thanks a lot my friend....

Jesus Christ.. Ever since you returned from your vacation you are on fire 💪

What happened on your vacation? I need to know because I will absolutly copy it 😂🤪
Ask my wife.....🤗🤗🤗🤣🤣🤣🤣
Seriously I don't know...

Last edited:
Finally tried the Brands Hatch TT early this morning, wow this one is tricky! Gold wasn't too hard but not exactly easy either. It took more time than usual. Finding another 5 tenths would be tough, I think it would take me a lot more laps for any significant improvement. My wheel freezing up didn't help either 😖.

I'm noticing a pattern, these right hand drive cars are always harder for me when using VR which I've been using for all of these TTs lately, it's hard for me to judge where the left tires are without thinking about it all the time. It would probably be the same as in a real right hand drive car. My results page screenshot where it shows the % to leader didn't upload for some reason, it even threw up an error while driving saying it didn't upload to PS app.. Strange. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_5073.JPEG

gt7 TT brands hatch gold time IMG_5074.jpg

🤔
Excuse GIF by MOODMAN

☝🤓

edit just noticed optimal time last session was 1:46.0xx. That doesn't even make sense to me. LOL

Last edited:
I don't know if this was discussed before, but in the current BH TT the wheel size can make a difference.
Standard wheels will let you drift more in turns, so it's more unstable.
Wide tyres and rims are more stable and the drifts are better to control in my opinion.
Try what suits your driving style best.

Last edited:
I tried bigger and wider rims, lowering to, but for me it was definitely not for the better, you eliminate that balance slide what you need to be precise when putting the power down.
I was consistently slower with adjusted rims and went for the stock size again, feels much better imo.
But indeed there is a difference with the rims it seems again.

Maby it works for a different driving style...I like to throw it around 😂😂

Back