Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,860 comments
I think something isn't quite right. 6.4+24.1+80.8=111.3%.
🤔
I think, this equation should not be an equation, esp an equation resulting in 100%

I read it like...

From 100% of drivers
  • 19.2% reached 💩
  • 80.8% reached 🥉 (the 24.1% reached 🥈 are included, because they also reached 🥉 time)
  • 24.1% reached 🥈 (the 6.4% reached 🥇 are included, because they also reached 🥈 time)
  • 6.4% reached 🥇 (Aliens and Muffins are included)
Maybe I am mistaken, but I my little Mieze-world it sounds nice 😅

Little statistical note (usual disclaimer, it's still very early blah blah): gold is not easy here, but there have been quite a few more difficult ones in the recent past. The Genesis X and McLaren VGTs for example.

View attachment 1357593

Bummed that I have to wait until Sunday to join you guys. Have a nice weekend!
stats only with 7k players... might change a bit when we'll pass 100k, and not in a good way 😅

Don't write, drive! 😎
I would like to see more than two or three laps a day. 😉

Regards
Martin
Ready to take on the Ring? I wonder why some nickname it "Green Hell"? Maybe all the grass surrounding the track makes it feel evil? It is a long and brutal track suited for higher-skilled drivers.

So the Nordscheife is finally back in TT, the track that I have always been avoiding. I skipped all GTWS races on it. I passed on all Daily Races on it. I couldn't even Gold the 1st sector of circuit experience on it (let alone the whole track).

I've only driven on it once IRL, two 15 mins (each) laps in a rental Audi A3. Lots of fun especially with a screaming girlfriend (now wife) in the passenger seat.

Should I just pack my bags and fly back to Brands Hatch :lol::scared:

Lap done with controller, ghost available to use 😁

Keep pushing guys, you can do this!

18fa5d4216747-screenshotUrl.jpg

18fa5d4578818-screenshotUrl.jpg

Ready to take on the Ring? I wonder why some nickname it "Green Hell"? Maybe all the grass surrounding the track makes it feel evil? It is a long and brutal track suited for higher-skilled drivers.
The "green" in green hell is because of the aliens around us in The TT.
And IMO it's not the grass which makes it "evil" but the muffin.

Sorry for the nonsense!
But you are right. A part of me is looking forward to start tomorrow evening (before that there's RL between me and my wheel), and a part of me (the bigger one) is scary.

I remember many invalid sectors until finally golding the circuit experience in the M6 (we learned to fear with Rubilar at lago maggiore).
And in the Honda TT we had a couple of month ago, I decided to quit after I completely destroyed Hatzenbach in lap one 🤣

But nevertheless, I will try, because the car is @Lomic s thumbnail 😚

Cheers
Martin

Last edited:
I would like to see more than two or three laps a day. 😉
2 per day, may be, but not sure I'll do my DW everyday with this TT, I need breaks too, and the weeklies will provide some relief on that matter.

Checked my personnal TTs but I've never tested this car there previously so, no time of reference for me (although it would have been done with better tyres so...)

Also I feel like the prizes should be higher on this TT, like 1M for bronze, 2M for silver et 4M for gold.

Last edited:
Lap done with controller, ghost available to use 😁

Keep pushing guys, you can do this!

View attachment 1357606
View attachment 1357607
well done to you...:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
you are still in the top 10 with a controller !!!! 💪💪💪👏👏👏This first place has eluded you for several TTs and finally you arrive there !!!! 👏👏👏👏👏
You said "keep pushing" but I think I'm already at full speed with my 7'49 and it's going to be hard for me to get 4 seconds for gold !!!!
I'm not even talking about the gap with the first 100 !!!!

Last edited:
What a fun TT, I'm rarely here this early but I had to have a go after seeing it :)

Took a little while to adjust to the lack of downforce after driving here in the GT3 Porsche so much. The car does handle well though and I'm glad they resisted the urge to use comfort soft tyres. :D
18fa5f8918e74-screenshotUrl.jpg
18fa5f8fdce70-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
What a fun TT, I'm rarely here this early but I had to have a go after seeing it :)

Took a little while to adjust to the lack of downforce after driving here in the GT3 Porsche so much. The car does handle well though and I'm glad they resisted the urge to use comfort soft tyres. :D
View attachment 1357611View attachment 1357612
That moment when you show up 8th on @Chrome_PuPXD friend's list but you're 14 seconds behind! :ouch:

After the first 2 1/2 laps. 😂

First lap was a 7:58.xxx but very very carefully and pushed a bit more in lap 2. Completly binned the 2nd lap at Aremberg and restarted for one more lap.

Handles ways better then expected tbh but gold will be brutaly hard here.

Love the track and the car is beautiful so this will probably be the first TT in a while were I'm gonna be clocking lots of laps. 😅

Even got a 5* ticket for my troubles 😂

18fa68f2f9557-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

Last edited:
Another GCSE day today so apologies for the delay, plus when I edit this I have to record the replay 5 times which means 40 minutes more recording! But, for the first time ever on my own channel I've done a guide for this place. I nearly didn't because I'm not fond of the track, but this combo is nice and I did quite enjoy it!

Have been really struggling to find motivation for TTs, though the Silvia kinda seemed interesting. But oh boy, Brands Hatch has to sit out. Classic 911 and Schleife, couldn't ask for a better deal personally! Had a really quick session, couple of spins finding the rough limits of the car and the first full lap landed at 7:44.938.

Will give this a good go. Not sure how much exactly I'll be able to improve, but I'll go for sub 7:40 and see from there. Only problem is the heat wave coming this way next week, gets kinda sweaty doing full attack in VR 8 minutes straight.

18fa6aed63451-screenshotUrl.jpg

Another GCSE day today so apologies for the delay, plus when I edit this I have to record the replay 5 times which means 40 minutes more recording! But, for the first time ever on my own channel I've done a guide for this place. I nearly didn't because I'm not fond of the track, but this combo is nice and I did quite enjoy it!

Gonna have to watch, pause, drive the part I watched and repeat otherwise I would forget everything 😂

You're guides are much appreciated 💪

Finally got around to BH. Lots of time left here. a tenth by this dip, couple of tenths on that tire squeal, a tenth by that bump, etc.
Putting them all together in one lap is another thing. It seems like we just did the old car, no power, bad tires thing, but it has been 9 weeks since Sardegna and the Dino. They say you don't remember pain, but I remember it being like this TT.
IMG_20240523_144102279_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Fired up the laptop.....nokia style on the Nurb.....I did (read try)...... a few laps......God I was hopefull for the Porsche....but god what the hell did they do??? A real mismatch imo, wrong tires and the 911 feels like it weighs 3 ton....has a very frustrating understeer on the initial throttle and is very hard on the weight transfer.....it's so slow on input... , quickly closed the laptop again ....

I think I'm trying to gold it tomorrow and leave it with that, kind of disapointing 😭
expected a very playfull combo but I hope playing on the Tv is a bit better, otherwise I have one week of no O-six-hundred 🤣

Last edited:
Fired up the laptop.....nokia style on the Nurb.....I did (read try)...... a few laps......God I was hopefull for the Porsche....but god what the hell did they do??? A real mismatch imo, wrong tires and the 911 feels like it weighs 3 ton....has a very frustrating understeer on the initial throttle and is very hard on the weight transfer.....it's so slow on input... , quickly closed the laptop again ....

I think I'm trying to gold it tomorrow and leave it with that, kind of disapointing 😭
expected a very playfull combo but I hope playing on the TT is a bit better, otherwise I have one week of no O-six-hundred 🤣
:confused::confused: Are we driving the same car 🤣

I found it a joy to rotate at corner entry. So easy to get the rear to step out just enough to get into a neutral steer. Dancing through the left right transition is a bit hairy tho....but aside from that, the car feels very playful to me >.>

I was watching the replay of my lap of the Brands Hatch time trial today and I still don't understand why it didn't cancel my lap since both wheels were off the line and there was no curb... Bug?

View attachment 1357618

This happened on one of my laps last night. I can't remember if it was that corner or not - but I definitely had all four off the track. Then I glanced up and saw the lap counter still in white! Very odd. I'd love to say it found me some time but even that lap was still atrociously slow. :lol:

:confused::confused: Are we driving the same car 🤣

I found it a joy to rotate at corner entry. So easy to get the rear to step out just enough to get into a neutral steer. Dancing through the left right transition is a bit hairy tho....but aside from that, the car feels very playful to me >.>
Must be something wrong with mine, I'll start renting one in the morning and see if it is any better, I only changed rims, not size or width and even went to stock sideskirts and stock back..., it just feel soooo heavy.... and midcorner the slightest throttle gives me understeer...., feels like my controller sensitivity is on minus gazillion 🤣 but we will see in the morning....

I want to like it 🤣🤣

I'll report in the morning 🙈🤣

Back