Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,874 comments
One more lap, invalidated, again... at Stefan Bellof-S so nearly at the end in a "simple" turn, was just a bit too fast and tyres could not give enough grip to avoid going too much on the left šŸ˜‘

8min11.9XX, but not counting of course.
18fa73beb5284-screenshotUrl.jpg

Good evening fellas! What a day, despite really being too busy to put a shift in on GT7 I managed over 500 miles today šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ oops! Donā€™t tell workā€¦ Mission accomplished at Brands Hatch, itā€™s not my favourite but there is some charm to it. I love the track im just not convinced itā€™s the right car and tyre combo for it.. however there is some beauty there, getting through Surtees cleanly is a work of art! Into the 1:44s now but without much time to improve before it ends thatā€™s probably as much as Iā€™ve gotā€¦ @Gomario JSP your astonishing time is safe again (didnā€™t you set a ballistic time last time at BH?!)

IMG_7158.jpeg

Even though I was dead I decided to go back to NBR just to contemplate the @Evilmuffin and @Gomario JSP train of thought.. for nearly half an hour I was siding with the Flying Dutchman; I was all over the place and bemoaning the dynamic clusterfluke that this car feels like on these tyresā€¦ Then I realised Iā€™d left ABS on weak, switching it back to normal tamed itā€™s wild habits and suddenly all was well. It all clicked for another few laps and I set a new a PB. YouTube lap coming!! Jomar might you have left ABS on weak?? šŸ˜

What a beautiful thing that car is by the way šŸ˜šŸ˜

IMG_7159.jpeg

IMG_7156.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm getting really irritated and peeved with the Brands Hatch TT, PD always has to choose a car that doesn't suit my style. The Silvia Aero slides a lot which makes it hard for me to get good corner exits. Here are my settings below, I might need to tweak something here.

TCS: 3
ABS: Weak
ASM: On
CSA: Strong

It said in the description that setting the CSA on strong would make it a more stable driving experience. There are a couple tricky blind corners after I reach Sectors 2 and 3 which sometimes ruins my hot laps. Then I get pissed. how can I stay in a positive mindset when I'm not making progress? I hate to complain so much, but durn.

I'm getting really irritated and peeved with the Brands Hatch TT, PD always has to choose a car that doesn't suit my style. The Silvia Aero slides a lot which makes it hard for me to get good corner exits. Here are my settings below, I might need to tweak something here.

It said in the description that setting the CSA on strong would make it a more stable driving experience. There are a couple tricky blind corners after I reach Sectors 2 and 3 which sometimes ruins my hot laps. Then I get pissed. how can I stay in a positive mindset when I'm not making progress? I hate to complain so much, but durn.
Which lap times are you getting with those settings?This TT is very tricky.

What a car, and what a track! I lost track of time, ended up doing a few too many laps (something like 400km worth, peep the time in the screenshot lol). Best of 7:44, honestly pretty happy with it but I don't think it'll be enough for gold. Not 100% sure if I'm talented enough to get into the 41s, but we'll see. Hopefully i can find some more time as i enter uni exams, i absolutely adore driving this thing.
Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240524000737.jpg

Last edited:

If you haven't done it before, I recommend turning everything off besides ABS and putting in some laps like that. See if you can get the hang of driving the car as close to how it actually performs and reacts. Some of these assists might be making it harder for you to gain control over the car like you want to.

For me the assists get in the way of what I am predicting the car will do, and maybe you just need to get in touch of what the car really drives like. If it's too much start dialing in the TCS to help with wheelspin.

I know it's not for everyone, but if you've never tried it it's worth a shot to see how you like it.

@Dolph Drago how seriously do you take keeping promises? :scared:

Over the course of this week, I've been hammering away at my Brands Hatch time. It's been incredibly slow progress trying to improve my time. I've been absolutely incapable of stringing together one optimal lap. Even getting a good time through the first 2 corners would create pressure for the rest of the lap, basically guaranteeing a mistake.

At first I was able break into the 44s with a .969, which was then improved to a .959 and then a .939 (all of these over multiple days) until finally last night, I was able to put in a clean (although not optimal) lap to achieve a 1:44.815 to place me 33rd. There is still definitely quite a lot of time in the optimal lap, but putting that lap together is proving to be quite a struggle so I'm not sure I will even be able to find that lap. At one point during the week, I had an optimum of 1:44.2XX which would place me in the top 10 :eek:, but that seems basically impossible to achieve. Most of my sessions have finished with an optimum of 1:44.5XX which is encouraging if I want to return to this to try and improve further.

For now I think I will leave this one here and check back in closer to the end to make sure I'm still in the top 100.

18fa7d32e5299-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_439416081352084_1716469067781.jpg

This Porsche around the Nurburgring is look quite juicy and I'm keen to get started on that one. The Nurburgring is probably the track I've spent the most time on in this game so it'll be nice to receive some credits for doing the laps for a change!

Yes, the Brands Hatch TT is a pain in the ass, to me. How do the aliens control the car so well? Maybe their wheel power is aiding them. I don't get it TBH. It always blows my mind how they set those record laps. Maybe the tires being comfort soft is making it hard for me to get a grip on this car and TT. I feel like I'm climbing the rope but see no endpoint. Just ongoing stress.

@Fury I have my TCS set on 2 as well.

Last edited:
@LSFDRX ok, thank you. I feel better and more confident now. I think the assists are a huge hinderance to me setting good lap times. It may be good for beginners but it blocks the pros from scoring fast laps out there.

@Evilmuffin your lap is great, much better than mine, I'm in the 8'10.000's, :(
You nailed every sector with that MT groove.
Honestly, I think you're being unnecessarily hard on yourself. Do you know how I know? I thought about writing out a post that said something like "Can anyone recommend a driving school for me" or "Who wants to buy a PS5, Logitech G923, etc. because I suck at this" after piling up a bunch of low 1:50's. In other words - I'm the same way!

This Silvia TT is a bit like the McLaren VGT at Suzuka. It's tough on confidence because we feel insanely far off the pace of our heroes in this thread. In reality, a "high bronze" lap is still better than 70% of the laps on the global leaderboard. Sure, there may be a lot of great drivers pulling the plug after a few laps or whatever - but still a better lap than we realized.

I do agree with tweaking the assists. Don't overreact and turn everything off - try one at a time and see how your driving reacts. I would first try ASM=off, then CSA=weak.

Sometimes you hit that wall on a TT and it's time to move on. I missed silver on the XJ13/Intelagos TT by ~0.1s. I hated leaving that one unfinished, but I wasn't enjoying it and wasn't finding speed anywhere.

Also, have you ever punched your PSN name into this site? It will show you where you are globally, by region, etc. I love the "target" time that averages out your last ~20 TTs. I wish I could go faster at Brands Hatch, but I think I can live with the fact that I still beat my "target" by 1.5s. It means I've done something right!

Yes, the Brands Hatch TT is a pain in the ass, to me. How do the aliens control the car so well? Maybe their wheel power is aiding them. I don't get it TBH. It always blows my mind how they set those record laps. Maybe the tires being comfort soft is making it hard for me to get a grip on this car and TT. I feel like I'm climbing the rope but see no endpoint. Just ongoing stress.

@Fury I have my TCS set on 2 as well.
Have you ever tried a wheel? I have a feeling you'd be a lot faster with one, you could just get a G29 or something cheap to start and hook it up to a desk. It's a lot more fun too!

Finally, a little bit of progress is made. I'm in the low 1'49.000's now. So if I don't improve anymore I'll still be thrilled with my time.
@Niko-H I agree with everything you said. I need to be proud of what I've accomplished. Not every TT will suit my needs. That's life. Well what do you all think? What can I do to slightly improve or reduce my time?

Last edited:
@Dolph Drago how seriously do you take keeping promises? :scared:

Over the course of this week, I've been hammering away at my Brands Hatch time. It's been incredibly slow progress trying to improve my time. I've been absolutely incapable of stringing together one optimal lap. Even getting a good time through the first 2 corners would create pressure for the rest of the lap, basically guaranteeing a mistake.

At first I was able break into the 44s with a .969, which was then improved to a .959 and then a .939 (all of these over multiple days) until finally last night, I was able to put in a clean (although not optimal) lap to achieve a 1:44.815 to place me 33rd. There is still definitely quite a lot of time in the optimal lap, but putting that lap together is proving to be quite a struggle so I'm not sure I will even be able to find that lap. At one point during the week, I had an optimum of 1:44.2XX which would place me in the top 10 :eek:, but that seems basically impossible to achieve. Most of my sessions have finished with an optimum of 1:44.5XX which is encouraging if I want to return to this to try and improve further.

For now I think I will leave this one here and check back in closer to the end to make sure I'm still in the top 100.

View attachment 1357980

This Porsche around the Nurburgring is look quite juicy and I'm keen to get started on that one. The Nurburgring is probably the track I've spent the most time on in this game so it'll be nice to receive some credits for doing the laps for a change!
Angry Ron Swanson GIF

Nice lap...:irked::lol:

I couldn't resist the call of the Nurburgring Nordschleife when I saw it was the next TT. The car handles much better than I was expecting on sports hards. My lap was a bit wild but fairly quick considering. It's going to be another fun TT. That's two in a row! :P
IMG_3173.jpg

How crazy is it that @Nebuc72, @Evilmuffin, @JRFrench, and I are only separated by 6 spots on the global leaderboard?
IMG_3175.jpg

As for PD's "generous" daily workout gifts, I was not a happy camper when 4 of my last 5 "prizes" were PARTS. Then I got this. Of course I already had one, so I don't plan on keeping it. But it will be a cool half mil when I sell it.
IMG_3176.jpg

Last edited:
Ready to take on the Ring? I wonder why some nickname it "Green Hell"? Maybe all the grass surrounding the track makes it feel evil? It is a long and brutal track suited for higher-skilled drivers.
The NĆ¼rburgring was famously nicknamed as ā€œThe Green Hellā€ by Sir Jackie Stewart after he won the 1968 German Grand Prix amid a rainstorm and thick fog. The track is probably the most challenging and daunting one as it's the longest track (20.8 Km) and 73 turns with changing elevations over a course of 300 metres. It has claimed many lives over the years and Nicki Lauda survived an almost fatal crash in 1976 race which left his face damaged. After that, no formula 1 races took place at the ring.

The circuit is located amidst dense forest covers in the mountains and that's why it was nicknamed ā€œThe Green Hellā€.

So the Nordscheife is finally back in TT, the track that I have always been avoiding. I skipped all GTWS races on it. I passed on all Daily Races on it. I couldn't even Gold the 1st sector of circuit experience on it (let alone the whole track).

I've only driven on it once IRL, two 15 mins (each) laps in a rental Audi A3. Lots of fun especially with a screaming girlfriend (now wife) in the passenger seat.

Should I just pack my bags and fly back to Brands Hatch :lol::scared:
like all circuits you have to do 50-100 laps to remember it well, which takes a little more time with this one šŸ˜…

Another GCSE day today so apologies for the delay, plus when I edit this I have to record the replay 5 times which means 40 minutes more recording! But, for the first time ever on my own channel I've done a guide for this place. I nearly didn't because I'm not fond of the track, but this combo is nice and I did quite enjoy it!

Big job, thanks Tidgney :cheers:āœŒļø

Last edited:
Even though I was dead I decided to go back to NBR just to contemplate the @Evilmuffin and @Gomario JSP train of thought.. for nearly half an hour I was siding with the Flying Dutchman; I was all over the place and bemoaning the dynamic clusterfluke that this car feels like on these tyresā€¦ Then I realised Iā€™d left ABS on weak, switching it back to normal tamed itā€™s wild habits and suddenly all was well. It all clicked for another few laps and I set a new a PB. YouTube lap coming!! Jomar might you have left ABS on weak?? šŸ˜

What a beautiful thing that car is by the way šŸ˜šŸ˜
Morning mate, i hadn't thought of ABS for one second, it's always on weak with me so tried so switch it back to normal and god what a difference!....
Feels much more stable on entry and that combined with some getting used to the car ( read straightline braking and and some throttle input for stabilisation ) it was a lot better than yesterday!, your tip saved my morning :lol: :lol: šŸ˜˜

On BH... indeed!, last time with the Genesis i was on fire too, i think that was my first top 100, somewhere in the 72....73?..
Seems to be a circuit that slides very well for me :lol::lol:
Still can't believe that i'm still placed 21 now right behind @Tidgney ( i'm comming for you man :lol::lol: )

Chris, this is one of those cars where those assists indeed kill your times, the TCS alone murders seconds on a combo like this,
I would def try to turn them all off and get more used to the behavier of the car, the sliding is good.... if you can start controling it a little, then gearing is key too, 4th is your friend here.
You will notice that without assist ( exept for ABS ) the behavier of the car is more predictable when you get used to it, that's when you will find seconds.

Good luck,

For pad users, what sensitivity are you on for the Porsche TT at Nord ?
I'm always on 10 ( execpt for like Formula and the dam* Mclaren VGT ar Suzuka :lol: )

So i did a run this morning with the ABS on default like @Dan_Tes suggested, had a few code brown moments and did stuff up the caroussel by outbraking myself on it so got catapulted out of it so no camber for me there lol.

A 39 should be well possible, i'll try another run this weekend, def. not my combo to get into a top 100 but i'll give it my best as always, glad i golded it :lol::lol::lol:

18fa9451c8b66-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
After about 5 or 6 laps, just starting to get a feel for this car/ tires/ circuit combo. I think there's a gold in it for me if I keep going which I definitely will. I watched Tidgney's guide but I think I remembered maybe 4 braking points and a few of the gear recommendations so I was just winging it.. LOL
Too bad there's no Tidgney ghost to follow! šŸ˜¢

Just using ABS weak and PSVR2 on wheel.

Great car/ track combo.

GT7 Ring - Porsche TT 1.jpg

GT7 Ring - Porsche TT 2.jpg

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

Edit-
Didn't plan on it but uploaded PSVR2 view to youtube. No fancy up-scaling or sharpening, just uploaded directly from PS5, But did edit in Share Factory Studio.

Last edited:
Back