Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,872 comments

7. I always leave mine set to 7 regardless of the track/car. Unless it's something specifically tricky like mega high downforce (McLaren VGT I'm looking at you) or weird propulsion (like the Chappie 2X).

Always at 10 my friend
Thanks guys, I may be still on -2 since Chaparral TT 😅

Need to try fiddling with this to see how it affects my driving.

Had a session yesterday. Not a single valid lap at the Green Hell. It's not a track I'm good at. I'm hoping I can put a lap together but if not it's going to be a long two weeks trying...

In other news, I did manage a halfway decent lap at BH.
18faa2401e145-screenshotUrl.jpg

My plan is to turn all assists off because it does not work with the Silvia Aero car. It upsets the balance because when I turn it slides like crazy. It's been tolerable with the TCS set at 2. And I have my brake balance set at 1, so I think I'm good for now. Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it.

My plan is to turn all assists off because it does not work with the Silvia Aero car. It upsets the balance because when I turn it slides like crazy. It's been tolerable with the TCS set at 2. And I have my brake balance set at 1, so I think I'm good for now. Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it.
Brake balance is never adjustable in these time trials.
Try TCS on 1.
The more the Silvia slides, the quicker your time will be.

New test today in Brands Hatch I didn't manage to improve my 1'45'333. I had my best time at 1'45'388 but nothing helped. However, my optimal times are around 1'45'1xx. I will come back to it tomorrow and Monday and then it will be back to work on Tuesday !!!! 😭😭😭
As far as the Nurburgring Nordschleife is concerned, I let it go. I think I'll be satisfied with my silver medal. And then I won't have much time to come back to it because next Friday it's a karting outing with work !!!!
9RnM.gif
🤣🤣

Last edited:
Had two sessions of 'schleife today, so now can maybe extrapolate what's within my realm of possibility. So from 7:44.9 to 7:42.1 to 7:40.6 which had a super rare royal f-up at Wippermann worth easily that second to already get me well into 39s. I'd say sub-39 and I'll be happy. This should be my home turf, and getting this far has been easy, but seems fast is fast no matter what combo so still only matching my long time benchmarks like @Dan_Tes (okay, not quite), @Evilmuffin, @Dolph Drago and I'm pretty sure @Gomario JSP will be right there too after he stops masking his progress with whining how it's "not his combo" :P

This 911 really doesn't have that pendulum thing going for it, but on rare occasions it seems it can be provoked. Like the forementioned Wippermann. I was trying to accentuate every turn through Hedwigshöhe to Wippermann with a light tap on the brakes which had worked very well until the point where the speed is a sub-40 lap time speed. Through Hedwigshöhe it was fine, then the Wipperman left turn the tail stepped out a bit and when throwing it towards the right with the tap on the brake, I was properly sideways. A quick left-right-left kept me going the right direction, but real, real slow. Live and learn.

Now I am faced with an ethical problem: abuse of the restart button in search of a better time at brands hatch, or in search of a valid lap at the ring?

Seriously.
At brands hatch I'm struggling, but it's a great opportunity to learn track and driving style of that car

The ring I know little about. The car is drivable and enjoyable, at least taking it around at my own pace, and it's "just" a matter of finding and remembering landmarks.
I'm more or less a third of the way around the track now, and I hope I don't have to do it all over again from scratch if I'm away from it for a few days, and the learning process is still long

Finally, a little bit of progress is made. I'm in the low 1'49.000's now. So if I don't improve anymore I'll still be thrilled with my time.
@Niko-H I agree with everything you said. I need to be proud of what I've accomplished. Not every TT will suit my needs. That's life. Well what do you all think? What can I do to slightly improve or reduce my time?

Wow, can I just say how much your driving has improved since I last saw it a couple months ago on Tsukuba.
You're much better at using the racing line and with it, much more of the circuit on entry and exit to minimise the angle of a turn.
Progress might feel slow but its definitely happening. :cheers:

Seeing that leaderboard fires me up to try again :D Dans time is likely out of reach but there's the potential to leap above you 3 Americans ;)
God I was hopefull for the Porsche....but god what the hell did they do??? A real mismatch imo, wrong tires and the 911 feels like it weighs 3 ton....has a very frustrating understeer on the initial throttle and is very hard on the weight transfer.....it's so slow on input... , quickly closed the laptop again
See, I don't believe you, you'll say this then appear with a 7:37 later on :D

Last edited:
Back