Time Trial mode?

• Thread starter zargdin
  • 5 comments
Ireland
Dublin
benowen54@yahoo.com
Have only recently got the game but there doesn't seem to be any time trial mode with leaderboards. If so, this is surely a big negative for the game.

Have only recently got the game but there doesn't seem to be any time trial mode with leaderboards. If so, this is surely a big negative for the game.
There is Rivals, which is kind of that mode. It doesn’t have leaderboard for each track, but it does have a daily event where combinations change, so keeps it entertaining.

I feel exactly the same.I must have spent 50% of the 5000 hours plus on Driveclub just picking a car and track and seeing how far up the leaderboard I could get. When I saw all the 'Evolution' touches in PC3 I thought a decent leaderboard system was a sure thing,oh well maybe a future update,fingers crossed.....

There is Rivals, which is kind of that mode. It doesn’t have leaderboard for each track, but it does have a daily event where combinations change, so keeps it entertaining.
That is not even remotely close to the same thing. I looked through all of the rivals and did not see a single one on any of the tracks I wanted to drive on. IMO being able to take whatever car you want to whatever track you want and compete for top times is a feature that should be in all racing games.

When I saw all the 'Evolution' touches in PC3 I thought a decent leaderboard system was a sure thing,oh well maybe a future update,fingers crossed.....

Yeah, PC2 had a time trial mode along with leaderboards. The leaderboards weren't very well done, and weren't very logical. All cars of one category would appear in one leaderboard, with, say, underpowered road cars alongside supercars. So I thought there might be an improvement too. But what we have is a big step backwards.

Yeah I miss regular time trials too. But Rivals is really fun, and the leaderboards actually work for consoles this time.

(If you're on console and still play PC2, check out my free tool at projectcalc.org. Leaderboards for every car-track combo)

Back