time trials

• Thread starter J-PaP
  • 43 comments
Australia
Australia
J-PaP
is anybody getting golds in any of them using professional mode? i seem to get down to about .7-1 sec off a gold time but can't better it unless i change to arcade mode for the time trial.

I haven't got any golds in time trial, and you know what's also hard the audi TT manufactuer race.

If you have 80 gold in GT4, do you get all bronze medals and credits in GT5p?

I have Gold in all but one race in level A, only gave it one try so I'll go back today and Gold it. I think it was the Skyline at Fuji, hard to remember it was late last night and it was the last event to complete, I finished everything else and was anxious to see what happened when you finished everything. Not much actually, just the end movie.

Have any of you seen the real life videos from all the track locations, it's the middle button right before you start an event.

somebody had posted there was s class after a class? i'm guessing there isnt from what you said?

also who used arcade and who used professional mode to get their time.

There is a S class.

Where? I've been through the whole game...everywhere and didn't find anything after Levels C,B and A. Like I said when I finished the last race in level A the end movie came on. I think someone is jerking your chain...or I'm totally blind, I wouldn't bet my life but I'm 99.9% sure. There are one make races for the cars and they're located in the showrooms.

You're right. It was there when I booted up just now but I swear it wasn't there yesterday. After I finished Class A it went to the end movie yesterday, I must have been delirious last night or something.

I have Gold in all but one race in level A, only gave it one try so I'll go back today and Gold it. I think it was the Skyline at Fuji, hard to remember it was late last night and it was the last event to complete, I finished everything else and was anxious to see what happened when you finished everything. Not much actually, just the end movie.

Have any of you seen the real life videos from all the track locations, it's the middle button right before you start an event.

What did you do for the time trails. I just cant get it.

no problems for the the rest but i'm having quite a bit of difficulty getting Gold for time trials. tons of practice required for me!

I have 1xgold, silver and bronze in the S class and tried the 10 lap race @ suzuka even with the 599 couldn't come close the the first 3 any suggestions ??? is there a better car ??? the first was the hooded GTR ??? my best lap was a 2:11:xxx I think

I have been changing to arcade mode for the time trials for the sake of getting a gold (it is doable with a little practice) but up to now the only track ive found that the time trial is possible on professional mode is the audi tt time trial.

Glad you guys are have some trouble getting gold on sim also. Its refreshingly hard and will give me something to do till the 25th.

I am thinking I might need the wheel for this game. Its strange though because I found that the controler was faster in forza 2 (as it should be as you can do things with the controler that are not possible with a wheel). Maybe I just need more time with the controler to make my movements smoother.

ok this is basically what you can win if u have gold, silver and bronze in all event races:

C - Daihatsu OFC-1 '07
B - Altenza Sport '07
A - Skyline Coupe Concept '07
S - GT-R Proto '05

I'll try to win all dealer races and see what will happen then, and after that maybe everything in gold, what might be hard, but who knows

i've been doing everything in all gold up to now. but i don't know if ill manage it in the time trials in class A and S. the honda nsx trial was very difficult. car constantly feels unsettled

What settings are you guys running in the time trials? I've been trying in standard mode instead of professional, with active brake off and stability management and traction control at 0. Still not coming anywhere near those gold times...

i run all races in simulation mode with everything off. best i can manage though is .7 or so off gold times. i changed to standard mode and got a gold instantly.

The Viper at Eiger is giving me fits, I've run it a few dozen times and am .500 away from Gold. I'm certainly not complaining since most the races are way to easy so it's nice to have a challenge. Also the NSX Time Trial is a bit difficult, besides those two I've got Gold on everything else.

The Viper at Eiger is giving me fits, I've run it a few dozen times and am .500 away from Gold. I'm certainly not complaining since most the races are way to easy so it's nice to have a challenge. Also the NSX Time Trial is a bit difficult, besides those two I've got Gold on everything else.

are you running standard or professional?

The "A" class is pretty difficult to obtain gold. A lot of fun though!

I thought....maybe I'm making this very difficult because I'm using the G25 and clutch enabled on simulation / pro mode with all driving aids off. I'm determined to keep at it. What gets me the most is sometimes I get my timing off on using the clutch and it throws me in Neutral because I didn't clutch before I downshifted. Altough in real life, the shifter has some kind of gear resistenance lock that wouldn't allow it to pop out without the clutch pushed. But here, if your not careful and take it out of gear without clutch and then shift, it goes into N.

I fiddle with the shifter to pop it back to neutral and then shift back into the gear again and suffer with losing seconds in my time...but then again I appreciate this happening because it's what comes with the territory of using the clutch. Makes it more satisfying when no mistakes are made and a gold is taken for the win.

are you running standard or professional?

I always run with no aids and set to Simulation or Professional as you say. It was Simulation in GT4. I also use the G25 wheel and couldn't use a DS2 if I had to, been running with a wheel since GT3 and always with no aids at all. It's just not driving in my opinion using a DS2, real driving takes two hands and 2 feet and sometimes that's not enough. Now don't start slamming me, I know some drivers don't have room for a wheel and chassis or can't afford one, I understand , I'm just saying a wheel makes it much more realistic and fun to drive for me.

OK, I'm gonna come out and say this - are you guys sure it's possible to gold the Swift TT on professional setting? The closest I can get to the gold time is 4 tenths away, and that took hours of driving and setting up to get a draft around the whole lap. My fastest clean lap with no help is a second off the pace, and while I could maybe accept that on a bigger track it just seems impossible to find any time on such a small course with good S class tyres. I've done London on professional, although again I had to use a draft as the speeds necessary on the straights were impossible without one.

I've noticed it sometimes changes the setting back to "standard" instead of professional when entering time trials as well, so maybe that's a factor. However, if anyone can say it definetly is possible on pro without draft help, I'll shut up ;)

OK, I'm gonna come out and say this - are you guys sure it's possible to gold the Swift TT on professional setting? The closest I can get to the gold time is 4 tenths away, and that took hours of driving and setting up to get a draft around the whole lap. My fastest clean lap with no help is a second off the pace, and while I could maybe accept that on a bigger track it just seems impossible to find any time on such a small course with good S class tyres. I've done London on professional, although again I had to use a draft as the speeds necessary on the straights were impossible without one.

I've noticed it sometimes changes the setting back to "standard" instead of professional when entering time trials as well, so maybe that's a factor. However, if anyone can say it definetly is possible on pro without draft help, I'll shut up ;)

well my answer is just going to be for all the time trials. i personally don't see how its possible at my level of skill. but i'm still learning with the g25 so not sure if i will improve further. my only assumption is that pd wouldn't make it impossible in professional mode. they would just make it very very hard.

Back