time trials

• Thread starter J-PaP
  • 43 comments
I understand it being hard, but I just think with the limited amount of turns to mess up it's impossible with the power output. I've never had a problem with golding anything in every other GT including the last prologue, but I can't see how to make time up without switching to standard mode, which I've already got gold in.

i know what you mean. even in standard mode its not as easy as other races are. wait till you get up to doing the corvette trial at daytona.. somehow you need to get 2 seconds worth of drafting in one lap. its easy to do in standard mode though because the car holds 20km or so more speed through the bends but i really dont see how its possible in professional mode.

Glad I'm not the only one that finds the NSX one tough... definately very challenging... you have feather the throttle or else the tail will just snap...

Ive golded all races up to class A with pro/sim on and no aids whatsoever, and using the DS2, I agree using a wheel is more fun, but I don't have the time as its the main living room and people use it for all other stuff.

Ive golded all races up to class A with pro/sim on and no aids whatsoever, and using the DS2, I agree using a wheel is more fun, but I don't have the time as its the main living room and people use it for all other stuff.

what times did you manage in the time trials using sim mode?

i have played GT for the last 10 years, golded every license in every game, and i'm pretty sure the time trials in GT5P are extremely har to gold if you choose to play in the professional physics. they are rather easy with the DEFAULT setting for handling, however, when you switch to pro mode, it really scared me. 10 minutes ago i was doing the R34 trial at fuji, and playing in pro mode i think i would have to play for hours to get the gold if possible at all.

i'm pretty sure they've estrablished the goals with the default setting in mind... looks like they put the choice of physiscs in the same bag as tcs asm and active braking - which is downright awful.

the swift trial at suzuka is a good example. i don't know where to shave time to get the gold with pro physics. once you put on default, it's gold in the first try. there's just so much more grip.

anyway, like it or not, i guess we will have to get used to the bare bones default physics, because they will rule online time trial and such... sad

I'm glad i'm not the only one having trouble with the Suzuki trial. Even though my copy only arrived today (lucky crimbo present:sly:) I could only manage a 1'04.1xx after about 10 laps:scared:

It's a pity if we have to change to the arcade style handling etc to pull off a gold time:ill:

Very impressed with the game so far! Even the Daytona slipstream battles are 10x more enjoyable than super speedway with 16 cars locking horns:)

Hopefully the leader boards will indicate all the picky details, including the modes used, and if a friend was on the track to help them draft to a better time. ;)

The Forza boards are a mess with all the cheating that's been going on. I'm hopeful this won't be the case with GT5.

I golded the Suzuki trial in the my first attempt at the event (not first lap), but other than that one lap where I pulle dsomething off, I haven't been within half a second since. The TT time trial wasn't that hard, I could get a good groove in that car, the Evo IX trial is really hard, I just can't get rythem and be fast in that car on that track, I'm a second at least off the pace. The other trial in the 147 I have only tried once and I got silver, I'll have to try that one again when I've worked through the rest of the events.

One race that I had to do over and over was the TT manufacturers race, you have to be almost flawless in that one. It was a bit annoying though when I'd be overtaking another car and they'd pull over into me, and I'd get a time penalty. It hasn't happened in any other race, that's the only race so far I've got time penalties for contact with other cars and every time it was the AI pulling into me.

I golded the Suzuki trial in the my first attempt at the event (not first lap), but other than that one lap where I pulle dsomething off, I haven't been within half a second since. The TT time trial wasn't that hard, I could get a good groove in that car, the Evo IX trial is really hard, I just can't get rythem and be fast in that car on that track, I'm a second at least off the pace. The other trial in the 147 I have only tried once and I got silver, I'll have to try that one again when I've worked through the rest of the events.

One race that I had to do over and over was the TT manufacturers race, you have to be almost flawless in that one. It was a bit annoying though when I'd be overtaking another car and they'd pull over into me, and I'd get a time penalty. It hasn't happened in any other race, that's the only race so far I've got time penalties for contact with other cars and every time it was the AI pulling into me.

The penalty system seems to be random at best. I've run into cars and gone in the grass and not gotten a penalty but then someone will slam into me from the rear and I get a penalty. I can't figure it out.
I'm about half way complete with my second game of GT5. Golded everything in the first game so I decided to do it again. Wish they had a license section, I love doing them in GT4. I've got it down where I give myself 2 attempts on each license test and I end up with usually 68 Silvers and 12 Golds and most the golds are in the S licenses...go figure. Learning to drive the slow cars fast is the best practice to become a good driver. Alot of beginners want to get the fastest cars as soon as possible and miss the opportunity to learn how to keep up speed going around corners. Mission 10 in GT4 is a great example of a slow car at the New York course where corner exit speed is critical to win the mission. Sorry for going off topic a bit I'm just killing time like the rest of you reprobates :)

Hopefully the leader boards will indicate all the picky details, including the modes used, and if a friend was on the track to help them draft to a better time. ;)

The Forza boards are a mess with all the cheating that's been going on. I'm hopeful this won't be the case with GT5.

co-signed..

i hope kaz saw some of the "top times" posted for GT hD full of cheats and decided to ban that s***.

colin mcrae has some nice leaderboards if they're looking for some inspiration...

co-signed..

i hope kaz saw some of the "top times" posted for GT hD full of cheats and decided to ban that s***.

colin mcrae has some nice leaderboards if they're looking for some inspiration...

i hope that The Stig will post up some timings for the Top Gear track too :)

Back