Tinted Windows?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alex.B
  • 64 comments
  • 2,642 views
The worst case of tinted windows is these greenish-yellow tint on a Honda CRX. I don't know if I saved this topic, but all cars don't need tinting. You certainly can't put any on one of those LMP sportscars or an F1 car. The ones who can probably benefit from this is the underpowered, not seriously-insane machinery like the Nurburgring 24h cars. It would be rather pointless to tint up a million-dollar GT race car, so I would not recommend it at all. Just hope that you'll be able to decide whether you want to wear sunglasses to a race or not. ;)
 
JohnBM01
The worst case of tinted windows is these greenish-yellow tint on a Honda CRX. I don't know if I saved this topic, but all cars don't need tinting. You certainly can't put any on one of those LMP sportscars or an F1 car. The ones who can probably benefit from this is the underpowered, not seriously-insane machinery like the Nurburgring 24h cars. It would be rather pointless to tint up a million-dollar GT race car, so I would not recommend it at all. Just hope that you'll be able to decide whether you want to wear sunglasses to a race or not. ;)
Ya you're right. I cant stand the sports cars with tinted window. The tinted windows look alright on some of the smaler cars such as the hondas and the toyotas. And the tinted windows look prety good on the skylines. But the tinted windows look cheasy on sports cars.....But thats my opinion.
 
word is that there will be full driver animations in all cars (convertible or otherwise) so my guess is we'll see either a removal of the tint or a reduction in the level of tint. They were tinted in past GTs so they didn't have to render the car interior or the driver... but with the new driver being sooooo cool i'm sure Kaz wants to show him off as much as possible.
 
that looks more like the reflections from the neon lights
 
In a way I suppose it does lol.
 
The way the window was positioned and the way there is a steady tint of blue on all thw windows leads me to believe that was tint, because black windows wouldn't reflect blue like that.
 
Then why arn't they blue at the start of the strip but they are half way down?
 
Different cars for different shots and angles perhaps?
Tinted windows on the saleen s7, as much as I thought it would be, really wasn't that ****ty looking. Still only seems like a visual customisation.


EDIT: Also, the blue building is a different blue than the tint on the saleen's windows.
 
live4speed
Then why arn't they blue at the start of the strip but they are half way down?
Who said they were the same pictures? One might have been before and one after.
 
He's arguing for your point of view, I wouldn't try to break his arguement. I thought the differences were just a result of different external lighting conditions.
 
Eagle
He's arguing for your point of view, I wouldn't try to break his arguement. I thought the differences were just a result of different external lighting conditions.
Oh oops. :O I am so stupid. :banghead: :lol:
 
uh, maybe that's the sky?
Look at the next screenshot...no blue.
If you look at a reflection of a bright source on a reflective surface that is black or dark (like looking into the dimly-lit interior of the Saleen thru the glass) you will always see representations of reflected color instead of the actual color of the surface itself. Look at a nicely-waxed black car on a sunny day, and at some angles the car will appear blue like the sky. On a cloudy day it will look white.
I would say that those pics have some pretty accurate reflections at work.
 
And think they looked so good.
 
They still do :P compared to Underground loL (sorry i'm just on an anti Undergroung thing 2day)
 
nightcreature84
OMG haha, its hard to think we all used to play on those type of graphics.
We'll be saying that within 3-4 years about the PS2.
 
I was thinking about that recently, we complain the PS2 doesn't have Full Screen Anti Aliasing and other things to make our 60 million polygon a second image look less pixelated, meanwhile we used to play games that were just like, 20 pixels moving around a screen. Go play Wolfenstein 3D and things like that.
 
I don't want tainted windows so my oponents can see my raised middlefinger when I'm passing them.
 
Back