Tips for tuning on the wheel

• Thread starter Fadam
  • 81 comments
If it's the same as in GT5P i'll have to put in another few hours of work too. How do you initiate Adam? Does the DFGT even have a clutchpedal, or do you use a button for that?

I normally do a scandinavian flick or give the handbrake a little tap as im turning in. Also the DFGT doesn't havea clutch pedal and you cant assign it to button either like Forza, so only people with the clutch pedal can use clutch :(

I normally do a scandinavian flick or give the handbrake a little tap as im turning in. Also the DFGT doesn't havea clutch pedal and you cant assign it to button either like Forza, so only people with the clutch pedal can use clutch :(

I find it strange you cant map it. Are you positive?

Hmmmmm... I find it hard to believe...

Well i think i seen somewhere you have to press Triangle before a race with a G25/7 to enable clutch. I dunno, i haven't really messed with the settings but when i mapped my controller i didnt see an option for clutch:grumpy:

Well i think i seen somewhere you have to press Triangle before a race with a G25/7 to enable clutch. I dunno, i haven't really messed with the settings but when i mapped my controller i didnt see an option for clutch:grumpy:

Thats just weird.

well I was up to about 4am trying to get drifting down with the G27 last night.

it's strange, I have to unlearn regular driving techniques to drift in this game, I guess.
I have been drifting in real life for around 10 years and it's a little strange to get used to.
bringing the wheel straight coming out of a drift is clunky and not smooth, and clutch
kicks don't seem to really have a large effect while sliding or initiating anyway - throttle
over seems to be the ticket.

it's just frustating to see these dudes killing it in the videos and i'm struggling to keep
the car on a good line, let alone smooth, and linking sections. :lol:

ok well im currently using an ae86. ive tried using an mx5 and the sleighty (s15) if i recall correct. The 86 is maxed out power and weight wise, spins up into 4th sometimes. Whacked up the spring rates, lower the ride height max and lowered the extension and comoression on the dampers, anti roll bars have been stiffened. Camber is raised up very slightly and then toe out on the front and very slight toe in on the rear. Gear ratio's are the same but with the final drive slightly lenghtened in order to stop bouncing off the limiter when drifting.

i can do it well with the pad (20k points on nurb F ( gp circuit) havent tried with the wheel yet going to try that later on sometime.

it's strange, I have to unlearn regular driving techniques to drift in this game, I guess.
I have been drifting in real life for around 10 years and it's a little strange to get used to.
bringing the wheel straight coming out of a drift is clunky and not smooth, and clutch
kicks don't seem to really have a large effect while sliding or initiating anyway - throttle

it's just frustating to see these dudes killing it in the videos and i'm struggling to keep
the car on a good line, let alone smooth, and linking sections.
:lol:

I feel your pain, lol :grumpy:

piggyback.jpg

This

No need tuning. Just ride on top of another car.

Is skid recovery force still on? Or is steering wheel on arcade. 2 most made mistakes or overlooked by most of my friends who try it for the first time on this game.

FINALLY starting to get it, so i no longer want to murder everyone who speaks to me

This place is much nicer because everyone on here isn't under the age of 13 like FM.net or ran by Monkeys

Adam, you speak the words of a truely experienced FM.netter.
It slowly takes all your mental capacity, and eats it, im glad we escapayed in time :D

Adam, you speak the words of a truely experienced FM.netter.
It slowly takes all your mental capacity, and eats it, im glad we escapayed in time :D

Escapayed? lol...

Bah, sitting here waiting on an important phone call is stressful. We also need a thread.

ill make it when i get home... using the inteenet at 80mph is FUN
Cro, you really do scare me lol.
Anyway, I haven't played GT5 in a few days, and I still suck lol, cro are you still using the controller?

Cro, you really do scare me lol.
Anyway, I haven't played GT5 in a few days, and I still suck lol, cro are you still using the controller?

Dont make it yet cro, wait till a section is made. Well, i think that best?

Has anybody got a sudden feeling, like, i dunno, the forum domination has begun? heheheheeee. We w*ored the FM forums lol

lulz o hai thar john.

yeah i feel the same way. i've been drifting for a while too and it feels so weird in gt5. not realistic. like turning in while drifting and the wheel being straight. some initial d shiz right there.

But yeah, here are my settings for the DFGT, it works decent I guess

FFB - 6
Power assist - ON

I tried both on and off, strangely enough it's better for me on. At least with the DFGT, you have to really throw the steering wheel to countersteer. And once it counters enough, YOU HAVE TO TURN BACK IN A LITTLE. otherwise it'll snap the car back the other way. what the hell is that about.

also i'm using the re amemiya rx7, bought an lsd and turned the initial torque all the way down to 10. it makes it way less snappier. accel at 60, decel at 60. actually i messed with the suspension too.

but yeah, whoever has crazy ass snap back with the dfgt try that out, see how you like it.

@teh luckinator

i'll try that! lol

been drifting, or more like trying, last night til about 4am with the touge monster amemiya FD and still can't link corners very well in autumn mini. reading this thread, it seems i need a better technique at catching the wheel at the moment i switch directions. i have no clue when or where i would catch it tho. i guess i'll just have to learn it through playing.

I'm curious, with your experience do you find the oversteer physics in GT5 do be fairly off?

I find the snap-back effect to be unrealistically sensitive which prohibits me from inputing as much counter steer as I think I need to. I also feel there is a significant lag between the wheel and screen forcing me to think a bit ahead of what the car is actually doing. I can drift fairly well with a wheel but it still feels 'off' to me, I hope I'm not learning bad habits for real driving...

Back