Tire Air Pressure Tuning

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 18 comments
Sad part is, unless people/fans have actually 'tracked' their cars in the past, many won't release just how much this affects a vehicles handling on-track.

Would still love to see it in GT's future though 👍 (whether others put it to use or not :lol:)

images (2).jpg

I disagree with this option - not necessary at all. If I drive on snow I expect the tyres to be at the correct pressure for snow driving - this would just be an unwanted complication.

I understand perfectly well what tyre pressure adjustments do, but I don't need to replicate every little detail. Next thing you'll be suggesting that the pressure has to remain low for the first X number of laps etc etc - just an unneccesary complication.

For those who voted yes, have you considered that it will just take you longer to get a good setup and tune a car?

I disagree with this option - not necessary at all. If I drive on snow I expect the tyres to be at the correct pressure for snow driving - this would just be an unwanted complication.

I understand perfectly well what tyre pressure adjustments do, but I don't need to replicate every little detail. Next thing you'll be suggesting that the pressure has to remain low for the first X number of laps etc etc - just an unneccesary complication.

For those who voted yes, have you considered that it will just take you longer to get a good setup and tune a car?

you just want GT to stay a simcade

No, but I don't see the point in adding complication for complications sake - it would add nothing to the driving experience. Things like adjustable steering racks, suspension and LSD's all add something, but I don't see what would be gained by altering the tyre pressures other than making it more difficult and time consuming to get a car ready to race.

No, but I don't see the point in adding complication for complications sake - it would add nothing to the driving experience. Things like adjustable steering racks, suspension and LSD's all add something, but I don't see what would be gained by altering the tyre pressures other than making it more difficult and time consuming to get a car ready to race.
When you buy tires and put them to your car the tires will be adjusted to the correct tire air pressure.
With tire air pressure tuning all guys will able to adjust car balance as they want.
If you think that your car oversteer to much you can correct this. it's the same with understeer.

Last edited:
But at the moment I tune out understeer and oversteer using the LSD and other settings - imagine how much more complicated it becomes if we are fiddling with the tyre pressures as well.

It appears to be a very popular choice, But I am sure most who voted yes have not thought about the extra complication.

I have. You don't speak for everyone. Tire pressures is #1 most important thing. Seriously, don't say that it's just an unnecessary complication without even considering how important tire pressures are.

Most important part of racing is tire pressure. I race in real life... After every on-track session, I check my tire pressures three or four times, because they are continually changing and fluctuating. Having too much tire pressure is a difficult thing... But it's mainly manageable. In the provincials, this past year, I finished 5th because I got the tire pressures slightly wrong. I was fast out of the gate, and had a few (2 or 3) laps of overheating the tires... Then got the tires cooled down and managed to battle it out for 5th.

I know tyre pressure is an important part of racing and having thought about it I can see that it could be useful - if I'm stuck I can then adjust the pressures and possibly solve the the problem. If we do get it in the game however I would hope that the standard pressures are roughly right for the car so we don't always have to adjust it. There are some things in the game where it seems that PD deliberately set some things badly.

I know tyre pressure is an important part of racing and having thought about it I can see that it could be useful - if I'm stuck I can then adjust the pressures and possibly solve the the problem. If we do get it in the game however I would hope that the standard pressures are roughly right for the car so we don't always have to adjust it. There are some things in the game where it seems that PD deliberately set some things badly.

Forza's generic pressures were decent. I remember putting them down 2 psi on every car, but I highly doubt that you would see any highly unrealistic/absurd pressures out of the box. But, for people who really don't want to set their own car up, GT6 forums would still have a tuning section...

Besides, if you want to know what truly difficult is, try finding a friend from Korea on Facebook, whose name is one of the most common names... :banghead: tire pressures is easy compared to that :lol:

If we had data logging and be able to see tyre temperatures it would help.

I agree with this option even if people are worried about "extra complication".
If you don't want to adjust the characteristics of your car using tyre pressures go right ahead doing what you do with suspension and lsd adjustments.
The value I see in this? For most people who venture to the race track for their first outing in their car, which most likely does not feature adjustable suspension, brakes and differentials, tyre pressures are the one and only option they have for changing the way their car behaves.
So let's have it.

Back