• Thread starter vetteman24
  • 130 comments
United States
Valley of the Sun
WaReAgLe1997
BCSAUBURN2010
Welcome to The International Racing Entity [TIRE]

TIRE.png

We are proud to announce our year-end event: THE RACE OF CHAMPIONS!

TIRERoC.png

This event will use 6 unique cars and take place at the Tsukuba Circuit. The car list has been chosen to provide some authenticity to the actual RoC but also a challenge to anyone who participates.
(All Cars will be on Racing Hard tires with no tuning allowed) (photos coming soon)

-AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA '12 (583pp, 562bhp, 1250kg)
-KTM X-BOW R '12 (555pp, 296bhp, 790kg)
-Mitsubishi Lacer Evolution X Rally Car (539 pp, 429bhp, 1115kg)
-Renault Sport Megane Trophy '11 (511pp, 359bhp, 955kg)
-Subaru BRZ R&D Sport '12 (510pp, 345bhp, 1150kg)
-Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 (Volkswagen Motorsport) '08 (477pp, 320bhp, 1120kg)

(Cars in the italics do not have to be purchased as they will be used under the one-make online garage)

(subject to change based on participation)

RACES:

-Each Race will be 3 laps of the Tsukuba Circuit using the Moto Chicane

-Races will be a Standing Start with drivers moving up to the Start/Finish line before the start, after that is accomplished the Race Steward will say "green at 30 seconds total time" for the start in which case the race will go green

-Lane Choice will be awarded to the driver who is either: the faster of the two (based on last race) or the higher seed in the knockout round

GROUP STAGE:

-Drivers will be randomly placed in groups of 4 with a round robin competition where each driver will face those in their group once. The cars used in the group stage will vary from group to group but each round in the group stage will use the same car

(EXAMPLE: Group A could use the R8, EVO, and BRZ while Group B could use the X-BOW, Scirocco and R8 and etc. So Race 1 for drivers in Group A will use the R8 and Race 2 in Group A will use the Evo and then Race 3 will use the BRZ. I hope that clears up some things)

-The Top 2 in each group with the most wins or on tiebreaker will advance to the knockout round

-Tiebreakers: Winner of Head to Head or fastest race in Group Stage Race 2

KNOCKOUT STAGE:

-Car selection will be random

-Single Race format

-Group winners will face another group runners-up (Ex. Group A winner will face Group D Runner-Up)

-The Winner and Runner-Up of the same group will be placed on opposite ends of the bracket to prevent a repeat matchup until the finals

FINALS:

-The Finals will be a best 2 out of 3 format

-Car choice will be random

-Lane selection will be given to the higher seed for Races 1, Lanes will be flipped for Race 2 and Race 3 will use the Race 1 Lane choice.

-Contact will not be tolerated and drivers will be issued either a Yellow Card or a Red Card based on the severity and intent of the contact

-Yellow Cards are viewed as a warning, 2 Yellow Cards will lead to a Red Card or a Disqualification

-Yellow and Red Cards will reset with every race

-ABS is the only driver aide that is legal

Dates: December 4th and 5th at 6pm EST

Sign-Up and Invitation: Sign ups are open but Drivers can be invited by TIRE Admins

This Event will be livestreamed! More information coming soon.

Sign-Up Form Here

Last edited:
Will not be attending. VRR 4 Hours of Stavelot is on the 4th, as is the VRR Acura Racing Series.

Signed Up But Put me down as a Reserve driver as its on a Friday and Saturday Night and im not sure what my schedule is up to that date yet but i will try my best to attend.

Must correct my previous post. Both VRR events take place on the 5th.

I'm interested mate, but I don't know if 6PM EST would be good for me, as it would be 23:00 in my country. But we'll see... I may change my mind and attend this round. 👍

Just to clear something up: Friday the 4th is the Group Stage rounds and Saturday the 5th is the Knockout rounds

I still won't be able to commit when I'll be racing from 1:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday.

Signed up, obviously.

As Angel has stated, the VRR race will be ongoing until six, so if possible, I'd like to be in a knockout the latest possible after six.

Won't be able to make it, Finals/moving time during that, and I've also yet to buy another wheel so I wouldn't be at top performance.

I appreciate the invite. :) Though due to my work schedule, I don't know if I'd be able to attend. If I have to work, I generally don't get home until a little bit after 7 pm.

Back