[TIRE] Race of ChampionsFinished 

• Thread starter vetteman24
  • 130 comments
I have 1 question: How can the car choice being random on the finals? Is the car choice from the OP?
Yes, the car will be one of the ones listed in the OP, but the drivers won't know what they will be driving until right before they race.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. But what is the purpose of putting the car choice being random, @vetteman24?
I know I'm not vetteman, but I have the answer. The car choice is random so that it tests the driver's skill of adaptability from car to car. You'll have to quickly go from one car to another, without know what you'll be driving next. It'll prove who really is a better driver. 👍

I know I'm not vetteman, but I have the answer. The car choice is random so that it tests the driver's skill of adaptability from car to car. You'll have to quickly go from one car to another, without know what you'll be driving next. It'll prove who really is a better driver. 👍
Ah! Okay then. 👍

A race of champions would'nt be complete without an entry from TRL, right?:P
How about it, am I allowed to add a TRL driver to the entry list? (most likely me anyway).

What if more than 16 are signed up? Will two or more lobbies be held? Or then will they be placed as a reserve?
In the case that more than 16 people sign up we will have two lobbies with one acting as a warm-up lobby and the other being the legit race lobby, but we will cross that bridge if we get there

In the case that more than 16 people sign up we will have two lobbies with one acting as a warm-up lobby and the other being the legit race lobby, but we will cross that bridge if we get there
Okay.

I have one idea: Why don't we do the Group Stage? The Phases of Group Stage are when only 16 would qualify for the 1/8 finals. What do you think of the idea? This process is done on FIFA World Cup.

Okay.

I have one idea: Why don't we do the Group Stage? The Phases of Group Stage are when only 16 would qualify for the 1/8 finals. What do you think of the idea? This process is done on FIFA World Cup.

We only want half the field in the knockout so if we have 16 sign ups, 8 people move on. Plus, the group stage ensures everyone will get more than one race.

We only want half the field in the knockout so if we have 16 sign ups, 8 people move on. Plus, the group stage ensures everyone will get more than one race.
But if 8 people move on, then the process is called the "Quarter Finals", meaning the "1/4 Finals".

We have 12 signed up thus far, and we have made plans in the case that more than 16 want to participate.

People that have been invited thus far and have not made their intentions known are:

@AudiMan2011, @Manasseh257NSX, @PhaedrusSocrate, @G_Parrilla, @RACECAR, @Litchi, @Bowtie52, @aceboy127, @Whitetail, @Kross24, @iName, @nascarfan1400, @R1600Turbo, @Brutaka, @AJHG1000, @DcrRaikkonen, @trobes29, @Chocochocochip5, @Dolph Drago, @littleregret265, @micantony, @JaydenThurlow, @JACKOLANTERN1, @DcrRaikkonen, @GT_Vette, @Doodle, @Ayhancan1998, @Manu_Rodry, @TRL_Andromeda, @TRL_Importlife

I'm out. It sounds like it's going to go fairly long into the night and 6pm EST is quite sketchy for me.

I'm out. It sounds like it's going to go fairly long into the night and 6pm EST is quite sketchy for me.
its spread over two nights as it should only be about 2 hours and you do not have to be in the lobby for the entire time.

Preciate the invite. But I think I'm just gonna focus on the 3 series I'm in right now. Thinking about stepping back a little from GT6 and Sim racing once January rolls around.

EDIT: 1,000th Post :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Will not be attending. VRR 4 Hours of Stavelot is on the 4th, as is the VRR Acura Racing Series.

Same reason I can't attend. I appreciate the invite though 👍

Thanks for the invite but the A.R.S. Indy lights 200k at Cape Ring South is on the 5th and im committed to that series sorry man.

For those who said they will be there or are still unsure @Chocochocochip5, @littleregret265, and @TRL_Andromeda could you confirm your entry by signing up via the form on the OP. This is for grouping purposes as the draw will take place at 12:01 am EST on Friday the 4th. The group parings will be posted shortly there after

Logo added to op
TIRERoC.png

Back