Tire Restrictions

• Thread starter Noah
  • 8 comments

Noah

Premium
I got on to play a little bit online (600pp) and realized that the update added tire restrictions (R1), so now my M3 setup is all messed up what have you guys been doing? Have you been just using your same tunes for every car with just the tire restrictions or does the tires throw your setup off that much?

I got on to play a little bit online (600pp) and realized that the update added tire restrictions (R1), so now my M3 setup is all messed up what have you guys been doing? Have you been just using your same tunes for every car with just the tire restrictions or does the tires throw your setup off that much?

This will definately upset your cars setup...I would recommend retuning the suspension and gearing to suit.
- Suspension to make better use of the available grip and dial out understeer or oversteer you werent getting before
-Gears as your corner exit speeds will be reduced this will impact the speed you will get to on the straights thus you should be able to run a slightly higher value for your final drive, then adjust the individual gears to suit the track layout itself.

This will definately upset your cars setup...I would recommend retuning the suspension and gearing to suit.
- Suspension to make better use of the available grip and dial out understeer or oversteer you werent getting before
-Gears as your corner exit speeds will be reduced this will impact the speed you will get to on the straights thus you should be able to run a slightly higher value for your final drive, then adjust the individual gears to suit the track layout itself.

I know this is completely off topic but I just wanted to tell you I just tried your F430 setup and wow, you are a beast at tuning. It was by far the best setup I've ever tried for the F430, I got gold on my 3rd try. First two tries were with pro physics on and I got 4th both times about 4 or 5 seconds off from 1st. Then just to get it over with I turned on standard and won with gold by about 1.5 seconds. I probably could have even got gold with pro physics if I would have continued on pro. Anyways I was just very surprised with it. The car handles so well on turns. Usually the F430 is known for a lot of oversteer, but with this setup there is no oversteer what so ever, and I was actually able to step on the gas peddle on a turn for 2 seconds for once without spinning out. Anyways I just wanted to tell you good work. Oh and don't worry I'll make sure to post this in your tuning thread.

This will definately upset your cars setup.
Yep, that's why I marked all my old 600PP tunes obsolete, they need some serious rework to cope with the tire restriction. It's like a fresh new start. :)

I really hate it. Tires are huge when tuning, and if someone would rather give up power for handling then so be it imho.

I always tune my cars primarily for handling, so losing the R3s provided a nice and welcome challenge which i've adjusted all my 600PP cars to without much trouble. Suspension is the key here, your car will never handle like it did on R3s with S2s, but it's not that difficult to create a controllable and fast car to go with online.

Good starting point for an RWD easy to use car is the Amuse/Opera 350Z, but i've got a Tii, F430, 512BB and of course my old Evo IX/Tuned all running in the top 3 each race (if i can keep the 512 out the sand!).

Camber and toe helped me most but i won't say anymore. If you really can't manage it, grab an AWD like an Evo X (not tuned).

I'm enjoying the restriction immensely...... it's a challenge to adapt your driving style and tunes to get competitive again, which increases the longevity of the game...... given that GT5 is about a year away this can only be a good thing in my opinion.

Back