[TIRE] Super GT (look for new thread soon)

• Thread starter Suzumiya
  • 781 comments

What track should be the JAF Sprint Venue?

• Fuji Speedway

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spa-Francorchamps

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Circuit of the Americas

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Brands Hatch

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I found the 79. Another case of GTR2 artificial idiocy. "I'm coming to the pits...Oop, engine died, I better cross the entire track and park it half-ass."

Aarror Autosport Fuji press release:

Aaron Van der Linden: Unfortunately it's another DNF for us today, we've been struggling for pace all weekend and just haven't been able to run with the leaders. Another water pump failure close to the end put us out. It's frustrating for sure, but that's racing sometimes.

Akihiro Yoshida: For us the race didn't last very long, we're nit exactly sure what went wrong but shortly after the start I lost power and had to pull into the pits to retire. The team will work hard to figure out what went wrong and we'll fight back at Grand Valley.

ubPZBx4.jpg

Maldonado: We were caught off guard in the first few laps and found ourselves shuffled down the order. We expected better than this, but it could have gone worse.
Oliveira: I did what I could to bring the car home. Managed to make up a few spots thanks to the retired cars. 6th was a decent result.

Sato: Really good luck early on, getting past the leaders. Was worried that they'd be too fast for us if we didn't catch them early on. Then they even got stuck behind another car so we were allowed to pull away.
Farfus: Everything went as well as it could have this race. We got lucky, sure, but I felt that we were really on top of our game and would have given a fight to anyone for the win.

94654151db.gif

TIRE Reporter 1: "Alright Ivan, I'm down here with Jacob Descoteau and Giulanio Ansaldi, drivers of the Okuma Motorsports Lexus LFA. The race started so good for you guys, and you ran in the top three all race. What happened coming to the white flag?"
Jacob Descoteau: "Well, I got the lead on the start, and led a few laps. We were running good at the start, and the tires began to fall off. I brought it in and Giulanio hopped in. He was running well also until the end."
Giulanio Ansaldi: "Yea, so once I got back out, we were running some pretty consistent laps. Coming to the white, I believe it was the Technocraft LFA that got loose ahead of me and I had nowhere to go. We lost the hood off the car like the Hatsune Miku LFA and the Technocraft LFA did earlier in the race. We had to pit for repairs and that put us in twelfth at the finish. Still 3rd in points, so we didn't lose too much ground."

TIRE Reporter 2: "I'm down here with the drivers of the Okuma Motorsports Callaway Z06.R, who came home on the podium today. How was your race today, and how happy are you with your improvement over last week?"
Lucien Lachapelle: "I were on the grid in fifth, and had a great start. I drove the car all the way to second place over the first few laps and was able to hold that position for awhile. The tires eventually went away, so I brought it in and handed the car over to Harumi. I'm really happy with the result over last week, and I feel if we can keep this up, we'll be serious contenders for the championship."
Harumi Suziyama: "Once I got in the car, I knew all I had to do was keep a fast, consistent pace and hold my position on the track. Unfortunately, the Tsuchigami 997 had a much quick pace and was able to get around us. But, I was able to hold on to third place for a podium finish! And, I agree with Lucien - we just need to continue this, and we will have a great season."

image.png
image.png

Welp, thanks for the info, @Crashbroke23... I was wondering why such weird things were happening.

I cannot confirm when GVS will come, so I'll say the dreaded word.

Soon.

Also, if you want any alternate schemes for a specific round, request so. I'm all open. :) However, you can only have one alternate scheme other than Motegi and JAF Sprint for one race.

I have come to the conclusion that this series needs a sort of rebuild soon. It's not very well thought out, which leads to a lot of screw ups from me and the game itself. With that being said, Round 3 will be skipped and we will head straight to Suzuka. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Any feedback to make this series much better for season 2, I'm open for criticism. Something's not working right. I'm thinking about a reboot but I'm too committed into the season for that. The scale of this series is absolutely humongous and I can't seem to catch up. Any ideas on that?

@BayneHamlin1121
Serious problems:
- Too many special snowflakes. We have a lot of single-car entries in GT300, especially.
- A lot of request liveries that AREN'T replicas lack authenticity. Most egregiously: Dish Network on the BRRT 458.
- Too many ARTA-like outfits, which leads to GT500s and GT300s looking the same.

Minor problems:
- Some cars seem slightly worse off than others, eg. the Supras.

Things I'd want to see:
- Limited cars per class for the number of teams that pick that model.
- Limit on teams entered in both classes.

How would you guys react to a complete reboot. I will go ahead since the issues are piling up by the minute, but I want thoughts.

Limit entrants to a small list of one period. Less diversity but closer racing, no OP cars and hopefully diversity within liveries. Having series with competitors over completely different periods looks silly and unrealistic.

Here's the issues that I feel that need to be addressed personally as the manager of the series.

• Too many cars were added by impulse, receiving little testing and requiring tons of work to balance so that it totally doesn't rampage the field.
  • Way too many radically different. This messed with the performance of the PC and the playing field was shifted in weird ways.
  • Tracks aren't tested well enough.
  • Limits on the amount of cars teams can take
  • GT500 needs to be a 3-way battle like it should be.
  • More GT300s than 500s.
  • Video editing is very poor.
  • Issues with AI.
  • Poor planning ahead of the series and the time it took for each race to come out.
I assure you what I will produce will satisfy all desires and be much more polished.

I know this may anger some, but this is for the better of this series not looking like a complete joke like I made it look like. :s

Last edited:
I thought you were doing a pretty good job with this series, but if you're wanting to reboot it to make it better I think we'll all support that.

Some suggestions if you do decide to to down the reboot route:
  • Either everyone runs in both classes, or everyone runs in one class. Depending on how many are interested in the series I guess.
  • Put a cap on how many people can run each car. eg if you have 15 GT500 entrants, have 5 Nissan, 5 Toyota, 5 Honda
  • Don't let people pressure you into adding cars you hadn't tested (Oh wait, that was me. Oops :P)
  • No having liveries the same for cars in different classes. Too damn confusing.

Shouldn't it be more GT300s than 500s?

I agree with reducing the amount of cars in GT500 though. Would be better with just Lexus, Nissan, and Honda.

Yeah that's what I meant. Whoops.

• No having liveries the same for cars in different classes. Too damn confusing.

I'd say having a hard limit on the ARTA-like teams (even though ironically I ran one) would do it. Five teams max like this, first-come first-serve. If your team is at least 3rd best among those five, you keep your dual class entry. 4th or 5th gets you kicked down to GT300.

I'm pretty much fine if you want to reboot it. We only had two races so its not as if its deep in the season.

@BayneHamlin1121
Serious problems:
- Too many special snowflakes. We have a lot of single-car entries in GT300, especially.
- A lot of request liveries that AREN'T replicas lack authenticity. Most egregiously: Dish Network on the BRRT 458.
- Too many ARTA-like outfits, which leads to GT500s and GT300s looking the same.

Admittingly, that was my doing. I just put the sponsors on there that were from the indycar just for simplicity, I didn't think it'd be a huge deal.

Also, I just went with the ARTA-like setup just for the sake of making it easier to tell apart my cars in both classes from the others.

Things have been stated but I'll go ahead and respond:
  • Too many car choices- If you continue the two class system, which I think could work, then I think there should only be 4-5 cars to pick from.
  • One car per GTP member- Teams could be a thing, but one per person regardless.
That aside, the AI has proven in other series to be incredibly derpy, I don't have much issue with 500 and 300 schemes matching, video editing comes with experience, and testing is a constant thing.

Even after winning a race, I'm okay with a reboot. 👍

All the points above are very valid and I totally agree.

Well, this came rather suddendly, but if you feel that there are aspects which are bringing the series' quality down, then by all means restart it.

Regarding what should be done, all the people who posted before have already come up with the right and valid points; personally, I'll side with BK and his side of things. Restrict the car choice, start with a one-car minimum limit for all participating members and that's about it. I don't mind the liveries' issue, and the rest can only be fixed with thorough testing, nothing more & nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back