Tired of grip monsters.

• Thread starter RayGunn86
  • 38 comments
LOL I find that most times I am hit, it is from the Drivers that lack the skill and knowledge to run clean tandems. Its not the car's that are the problem its the people driving them. I like fast drifting and highspeed tandems, but if I come up to a driver of a different style I can adjust and stay behind that person without any problems or contact. Most of the drivers that have posted in here are able to do the same. Car control is what separates the Elite from the children.

PUSH
LOL I find that most times I am hit, it is from the Drivers that lack the skill and knowledge to run clean tandems. Its not the car's that are the problem its the people driving them. I like fast drifting and highspeed tandems, but if I come up to a driver of a different style I can adjust and stay behind that person without any problems or contact. Most of the drivers that have posted in here are able to do the same. Car control is what separates the Elite from the children.

Like me on the g27. We need to drift again push. I am back in the Z4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyTyjQbvylg

On a serious note. I have no problem with fast drifters, as it is my style too. Drifting means something different to everyone, so there is no "correct style" of drifting. For me I focus on speed (pushing the car to its limits while sideways) and consistency.

Well stated car control is what all matters in the end of it all. Whether its Corvettes, Vipers, Supras, S Chassis, Bimmers, etc. we all are focused on our way of getting around the corner sideways with control.

It's true, I've seen him do it. :sly: Drifting fast is kool and all, but fast in a Silvia isn't the same as fast in a Corvette or Camaro. That's why I give more respect to angle and car control. Drifters like Push have no problem doing both, and I respect that. I do admit it's fun using slower cars to outpace faster ones though.

Like someone said earlier, it all comes down to driver skill and preference. IMO close minded people are killing the community, not someone having fun in their game how they choose. There will always be trolls, but elitists can be even worse.

I won't lie, I have been know to accidentally bump people with my Supra MK3 and they get pretty upset. But, the thing they're not realizing is that in a drift application more power does not equal better times or better drifts. I run my MK3 with 415hp and I can blow by cars with twice that because I have more control over my car because the tiniest input won't send my tires screaming for mercy, no I'm more sadistic to my tires because I can make my car grip(well at least grip as good as 415hp on CH tires will) and go as fast as I need where as you have the guys in 6-700hp American muscle cars that any input will result in a giant plume of smoke. Granted I bet it takes serious skill to control those monsters, I still manage to be faster and more precise with my little 415horse MK3. Btw, It's bright orange so if someone hits me it's not because the couldn't see me, even through the thickest smoke.

It's true, I've seen him do it. :sly: Drifting fast is kool and all, but fast in a Silvia isn't the same as fast in a Corvette or Camaro. That's why I give more respect to angle and car control. Drifters like Push have no problem doing both, and I respect that. I do admit it's fun using slower cars to outpace faster ones though.

Like someone said earlier, it all comes down to driver skill and preference. IMO close minded people are killing the community, not someone having fun in their game how they choose. There will always be trolls, but elitists can be even worse.

Thanks bro, and that is a great point to add. I see "keep drifting fun" everywhere...As for me, when did drifting stop being fun? In the real world Amature lvl drivers respect each other on the track while having fun. Pro driver are getting paid to get serious but it all started with FUN. UNLESS you are getting paid, respect the other drivers on the track and have fun. We as a Drift community should be having more fun. There are so many lobbies, if you dont like the way the room is, leave & try another.

Elite Drivers should set the right example for the rest, if we want there to be a real change in the Drifting Community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyTyjQbvylg

On a serious note. I have no problem with fast drifters, as it is my style too. Drifting means something different to everyone, so there is no "correct style" of drifting. For me I focus on speed (pushing the car to its limits while sideways) and consistency.

As for "grip monsters" People that use them to there advantage, and ram people clearly don't know how to control their car. But if you think they are the only cars that ram, you must have not been playing to long either.

Respect other drifters, respect other styles, and have fun. Rammers (trolls) they are a different story.

Seen it and can confirm it.

Back