tired of people taking short cuts at f2007 daytona road track

  • Thread starter Thread starter petter mo
  • 61 comments
  • 4,654 views
No in F1CE you actually get a penalty for corner cutting.:dunce:

Yeah, I know that (if only more people played F1CE online). I just thought that GT5:P had that feature as well, at some point in the past at least. Maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, it would be greatly appreciated, if PD corrected the problem and started implementing the appropriate penalties. Hope they fix it whenever they update next.
 
Yeah, I know that (if only more people played F1CE online). I just thought that GT5:P had that feature as well, at some point in the past at least. Maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, it would be greatly appreciated, if PD corrected the problem and started implementing the appropriate penalties. Hope they fix it whenever they update next.

Yes I cant applaude F1CE enough for the online play, it forces you to know track rules & follow them. If you hook 2 tires too much on some curbing you get a penalty have to obey pit exit lines. Hopefully GT5 will include the correct penalties, no more driving on apron of oval sector to avoid draft.:dunce:
 
Why bring your level of competition down to their level , if you finish second , and the guy in front of you finished first , (only by shortcuting) , you should feel pretty good about it , knowing that you did it cleanly .

Btw , you would not shortcut if you were doing a GTP qualifier , because you know it is not allowed and would be vetoed out of the event if you got caught , so just do it to the best of your skills and be happy with it . 👍

I still think its kind of funny that you all complain about people taking shortcuts espceially when you can do so yourself wether its right or not. I dont play online myself because of the punters and cheaters but you dont see me posting about the cheaters and punters like a woman with PMS.
 
I still think its kind of funny that you all complain about people taking shortcuts espceially when you can do so yourself wether its right or not. I dont play online myself because of the punters and cheaters but you dont see me posting about the cheaters and punters like a woman with PMS.

are you trying to say that instead of trying to find a solution to a universal problem you would rather avoid it and hope it goes away? if your car broke down you would walk instead of getting it fixed?
 
are you trying to say that instead of trying to find a solution to a universal problem you would rather avoid it and hope it goes away? if your car broke down you would walk instead of getting it fixed?

No im just saying its better to ignore those who take shortcuts than crying about it. when Private rooms are introduced you wont have to put up with it anymore.
 
It is sad that we have to put up with cheaters, thugs, and general idiots. Unfortunately it's life. Those of you who have posted here about cheaters is who I want to race!!! You have race honor, and a code of morality that the hackers don't. Its nice to see MOST wont stoop to the level of the the cheaters and gladly take 4th or 5th position in a race.
Ive witnessed some pretty stupid things since this game was released and cutting the corners is right on top of that list. I have also witnessed some moronic things at HSR. People driving on the grass on the ENTIRE straight away? Thats stupid!!! but what is even more unintelligent is people tring to draft that person in the dust storm. I just don't get it and never will. Drive with honor and respect for your fellow GT gamer!!!
 
Those of you who have posted here about cheaters is who I want to race!!! You have race honor, and a code of morality that the hackers don't.
Thats why i am here. To meet people like us, to feel the real soul of racing with real racers.
 
i think it is important to try and keep it clean..
but i have hit my share of cars my self in the heat of a race when trying to push hard to overtake an other driver and braket alitle late ... but that will allways happen .. but then it is important to let that guy back infront of you again.. the race might be ruined but .. thats life..
 
While you are racing such things will happen and this is normal. I am not talking about that. I dont care if someone hits me accidentaly or overtakes me with contacting my car.
 
i am talking about all the drivers that treat others like AI cars and try and take them out at every chance they get.
 
The worst part is when you are racing clean...and your coming up to a chicane, and buddy drives right into the back of you as your turning, resulting in pushing you off the track. It happened to me once, then the second lap came around, I slammed the brakes and quickly moved off to the edge of the road, and surely the guy behind me just kept going and right off the track..I was so satisfied lol Not to mention I won the race.
 
I still think its kind of funny that you all complain about people taking shortcuts espceially when you can do so yourself wether its right or not. I dont play online myself because of the punters and cheaters but you dont see me posting about the cheaters and punters like a woman with PMS.

Not quite sure how to take your response to mine earlier in this thread. I am not complaining , I am just stating a fact that is is better to drive clean and feel good about yourself as opposed to shortcutting , punting , just to gaet a win , "WHO FRIGGING CARES ABOUT THE WIN", I have enough cars and credits to support several players ,it's all about trying to have some fun to the best of your abilities by doing it cleanly and not p****** everybody off in the meantime. :sly:
 
Has anyone noticed that in the free run for the online event your lap get red flagged if you put too many wheels on the grass at the chicane but in the actual race theres no penalty so they must have intentionally disabled it to make the racing more "enjoyable" or something.

Seeing some people not even try and take the chicane properly is a bit disappointing but my take on it is that if you don't have the ability to take it flat using the road I'm going to beat you anyway ;p
 
when are you guys going to bottle all this wine,,,, what are you eagle scouts,,, are your parents going to take the f2007 away from you for a two week punishment,,, wow you are unbelievable,,, play the game
 
when are you guys going to bottle all this wine,,,, what are you eagle scouts,,, are your parents going to take the f2007 away from you for a two week punishment,,, wow you are unbelievable,,, play the game

When are you going to get a keyboard with a functioning '.' key? Good to see your space bar works though.


Personally I have just completely stopped playing online, too many people treat it like it's Burnout or Motorstorm (ahem) or something! When private rooms are implemented I'll be happy but at the moment its just unbelievable. It would be cool if they got a bit more creative with the penalties and make them more like F1; if you cause another player to spin, hit them when its not necessary, pass them while off the grass etc. you HAVE to pit in the race or get disqualified when its over. That way they may still finish first, but afterwards won't get anything for it.

Of course, that'll only be of use to you if you're driving a Ferrari, given some of the stewards' decisions this season...
 
,,,,,,,,,,I am glad there is one more policeman that stopped playing online ,,,,,,, this is a GAME NOT real life,,,,
 
Last edited:
How's this: People who blatantly cut the chicane are assholes. Simple.
 
I think the two of you guys need that private room you all are always talking about,,,,wink, wink, say no more
 
I think the two of you guys need that private room you all are always talking about,,,,wink, wink, say no more

And you my friend, need to find your way back to the Motorstorm forum where you belong.... I think you took a wrong turn somewhere..
 
first,,,, I love to race the F2007, I race all the time. sometimes in a race I will slow down to feel the ride and enjoy a turn it is a great game. but, this forum has two separate threads about this issue, and they keep the up at the top over and over. the issue has been answered every way,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't cut because of the rules of racing, and I do not cheat for a win,,,,,,,,,When penalties come or damage the issue will sort its self out,,,,,,,,,,,, most guys I race with do it so I will,,,,,,,,,,, what the heck it is just a game ,,,,,,,,,,,,,private rooms will settle it,,,,,,now let us all race

you start acting like other games are bad and people who feel a certain way with a certain name do not have a rights,,,, that is where I want to be,,,, to stick up for all racers.
 
Last edited:
How's this: People who blatantly cut the chicane are assholes. Simple.

I cut the Chicane when Im playing offline but when Im online I play to the rules of real racing. If I hit another car while I am online it is done by accident. This is why I say keep the Penilty system for online racing but get rid of it for offline.
 
MotorStrmPsycho with your attitude it almost sound like you want it to be like this..
do you enjoy people running you off the track?
stop bitching about us people that want to race clean races and have a nice run for the podium finishes

sorry for my english it isent that good
 
I think the two of you guys need that private room you all are always talking about,,,,wink, wink, say no more

Based on what I've read from your posts (mostly all negative) I will say that when private rooms do eventually arrive you'll be left out in the cold.

Being a member here we do expect some form of driving etiquette. Just because it isn't forced upon you doesn't mean that you can do as you please, most new members learn this very quickly after registering here, but there are always the odd bad apple that doesn't.

In OLR there are many things that the game will allow, but that doesn't mean the GT Community (all major GT sites) will allow drivers like you to exploit the areas where the game fails to cover.
 
most guys I race with do it so I will,,,,,,,,,,, what the heck it is just a game ,,,,,,,,,,,,,private rooms will settle it,,,,,,now let us all race
If those guys jumped in front of a train, would you do so too? I'm sure you've made your own decision on this. You do it becasue you want to do it, not because other people are doing it. If other people chose to drive off track and take shortcuts, then that is up to them, but I will not drive the same way. I try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times.

Make up your own mind. Don't be a sheep and just follow "most guys".

And your comma key seems to be a bit sticky.
 
MotorStrmPsycho with your attitude it almost sound like you want it to be like this..
do you enjoy people running you off the track?
stop bitching about us people that want to race clean races and have a nice run for the podium finishes

sorry for my english it isent that good

Nicely said 👍
 
i know its been said but i just have to say that when i race i race with honor and diginty. whats the point af a game with no rules? if there are no rules how so you win? we here at GTP are all here because we race with class and expect nothing less. the reason why people site other games and associate them with certain drivers is because their driving style is spot on for that style of game. if i loose fair and square then fine i lost but i will not stand to loose to a cheater!

now i see that 2 mods are on here defending the "whiners" so that sould say something.
 
i know its been said but i just have to say that when i race i race with honor and diginty. whats the point af a game with no rules? if there are no rules how so you win? we here at GTP are all here because we race with class and expect nothing less. the reason why people site other games and associate them with certain drivers is because their driving style is spot on for that style of game. if i loose fair and square then fine i lost but i will not stand to loose to a cheater!

now i see that 2 mods are on here defending the "whiners" so that sould say something.

:cheers: Spot On.
 
Back