'Tis the Season of Whamming Vs GTPlanet

• Thread starter TJ13
  • 388 comments
I'm still going strong, I've done all my Christmas shopping and haven't even been cover whammed but I do fear Christmas day :nervous:

And that's the fifth one. My colleague couldn't resist switching the radio back to fm.

@TJ13

Which station, then I'll know what to avoid, apart from SkyRadio which I"ve been avoiding for about a decade now.

Nevermind :indiff:
Whammed at work.
I'm out, never thought that this radio station would betray me, it's normally more of a rock music station. 🤬
In hindsight, I should have acted and changed the station as soon as I heard more and more Christmas songs come on. :banghead:

Last edited:
Two close calls today. There was an advert for a Christmas album on the TV, but luckily it had any song BUT Wham's.

The next was at the airport, I recognized the forbidden song but thank God, it was clearly not the original. Too slow and harmonic.

Can't help but fear my luck's gonna run out sooner or later..

How today felt out in the wild.

giphy.gif

Survived... just. :nervous:

Welcome to the club. :cheers:

My blood ran cold when I heard the kids singing Last Christmas at work today, only to find it was Taylor Swift’s version. :bowdown:

Couldn’t fully relax though as I knew the Wham version was in that playlist so I didn’t hang around. :P

So cover Whammed yes, Proper Whammed, not yet. :scared:

Specifically, I propose "All I Want for Christmas is You", by Mariah Carey - because it has an extremely distinct intro sequence, and also because we can call it the Apocareypse.
If we do go to this song next year we could call it MARIAHPOCALYPSE

For some reason Walmart seems to be playing covers of songs that I recognize. No Last Christmas though. But this seems like a potential cover Whanming spot.

And it looks like I'm going to the movies on Christmas Eve. If my previous outings are any indication this might be Whamicide.

Last edited:
I spent over half the day Christmas shopping and somehow I didn't get Whammed. I'm off to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. :P

Last edited:
For some reason Walmart seems to be playing covers of songs that I recognize. No Last Christmas though. But this seems like a potential cover Whanming spot.
Walmart is like the one place you avoid at all costs during whammageddon. If you get whammed there, you were totally asking for it!! :boggled:

I haven't been Whammed yet but last year, I got until Christmas dinner. Fortunately, my workplace (a clothes store) doesn't play music.

@TJ13

I got Whammed by my brother... again. Next year I'll force him to sign up. He sent me a seemingly innocuous Top Gear video, with Last Christmas tacked on to the end of it. I didn't suspect a thing because it's Top Gear. I think it's more like Top Wham now.

Organized a surprise day spa and a night at a resort (away from the kids) jumped in the car, on the way to the resort and 🤬 first song played :banghead:

That's what I get for giving the wife a surprise. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

@TJ13 I'm out

Still in it. The Jimmy Eat World cover is the only version I've heard so far. I might go to the movies this week though and I have been Whammed there before.

Well I must be the luckiest guy alive....
I just got whammed twice in 30 minutes. I can't even trust my gf with her phone.

On a side.note I haven't even achieved my goal to get whammed less than 10 times. I'm at 11 now and counting...

So sick of it around now this is the only Christmas song I can tolerate

edit:

and add 2 more whams from the carrides.

Last edited:
Back