Dark Theme. Thank you.
Last Christmas, I gave you my heart..
We are nearing the anniversary of the passing of George Michael, one part of the famous pop duo Wham! alongside his singing partner Andrew Ridgeley. While Last Christmas has very little to do with the holiday itself, the song is religiously played every year as soon as decorations come out. Since 2010, GTPlanet has been running the annual 'contest' where the aim of the game is to avoid the song during November and December.
General Rules and Guidelines:
- Survive 2018 (i.e. 23:59.59 in your time zone) without listening to Last Christmas by Wham!
- Post in this thread before December 1 to show your interest in being a 'participating member'.
- Only the original song performed by George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley counts. Remixes such as Whamnam Style or covers like the ones by Taylor Swift or Glee do not.
- Hearing any part of the song counts as a whamming. If you are unsure of the song's origin, keep listening to find out if it's a Wham! version or a cover/remix.
- GIFs, still images or muted video do not count.
- When you hear the music, consider yourself whammed, out of the competition and on the Whammed User Log.
- The Whammed User Log (WUL) is the younger, festive version of the BUL. It tells us when and how a member got Whammed. If you get whammed, post here and tag myself (@TJ13 ) so I get a notification and can promptly update it.
- Do not post any links to the song in this thread without sufficient warning. This place is a safe haven.
- While the rest of the site is free reign, keep in mind the site's rules regarding misleading (next bullet point)
- You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
- If you play the link in the OP with any intention outside of refreshing your memory (i.e.playing it over Skype or PSN), you will be whammed if you hear it.
- Do not trust anyone.
- Avoid shopping at department stores, clothing stores, supermarkets - anything that may have a radio playing.
- If you must step outside, consider bringing noise-isolating earphones and play loud music on them to avoid any other songs.
- Do not trust anyone.
- Have your computer defaulted to 'mute' and make sure that your volume is off while opening any links.
- Do not talk to any other GTPers using Skype, Facebook, Xbox Live or PlayStation Network. We are all evil and cannot be trusted, especially @Jordon.
Good luck everyone.
You'll need it.
'Wham Stamp' Avatar Files