Titanic 2... huh?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • 30 comments
  • 3,053 views
This will be epic and awesome. Don't deny it.
 
Please don't taint the original, for I love it so...

It's from The Asylum, so the "tainting the original" is pretty much confirmed.
 
Ok, at first I thought this was fake... All I can say is, I sure wasn't expecting this.
 
It's from The Asylum, so the "tainting the original" is pretty much confirmed.
Not confirmed - a requirement for them.
 
Ohh, maybe it's the same iceburg...
Or, the builders of Titanic II made a flaw on purpose just to sink it.
 
I know what I'll be doing when this movie comes out!

Not seeing it.
 
Man, I was hoping for some sort of "Schindler's List 2" style movie when I read the title. This looks more like a "Snakes on a Train" style ripoff.
 
Noo! :(
Why must they ruin EVERYTHING. For every good movie some idiot makes a sequel.
 
Noo! :(
Why must they ruin EVERYTHING. For every good movie some idiot makes a sequel.
Technically, not a sequel.

Also, had this not been posted here you likely wouldn't have ever run across this. I mean, have you seen "Snakes on a Train" yet?
 
This reminded me a LOT of this:

 
hollywood is in big fear of not making money. So all they do is ripoffs and sequels of things that worked already well.

look at all the comic adaptions,game adaptions, ateam, airbender, toystory3, saw99,....

They are so lame.

Good there are still some few who actually risk something in making something completly new

i thought this is a bad joke. But it ain't...


Foolkiller: you're kidding with snakes on a train??
 
Noo! :(
Why must they ruin EVERYTHING. For every good movie some idiot makes a sequel.
No one said you had to watch it.
i thought this is a bad joke. But it ain't...
There's a fine line between bad joke and The Asylum. Essentially what they do is take a popular movie, tweak the name a touch (Transformers becomes Transmorphers, etc.) film and ship the movie and profit. That said:
Foolkiller: you're kidding with snakes on a train??
Nope.
 
TB
There's a fine line between bad joke and The Asylum. Essentially what they do is take a popular movie, tweak the name a touch (Transformers becomes Transmorphers, etc.) film and ship the movie and profit.
I honestly hoped we wouldn't have to explain The Asylum.

For those that are unfamiliar with them they make the kind of movies that pop up on cable TV (and occasionally broadcast TV) and have almost the exact same plot and story as some big movie in the theaters, but much, much, much lower production values.

I know of most of their movies only due to Netflix Streaming.
 
aah ok now i know.
I call them Z-movies. It's like Z-celebrities....
I have one channel broadcasting them a few times.

Last time Zombie on a plane was on. The title says it all
 
No way. I didn't read the "Train" part until I was at IMDB and trying to find Samuel L. Jackson's name. Wow.
And I am betting that half their money comes from people making the same mistake you did and being excited to find a fun movie in the 2 for $5 bin. Then they get home and pop it in. But it was so cheap it isn't worth the effort to return it.

The other half are people like me pulling them up on Netflix and laughing non-stop.
 
I honestly hoped we wouldn't have to explain The Asylum.
Due to the OMG!... ruining... joke... idiot... comments I felt it was necessary. I don't think the mods could handle another GT5esque hysteria outbreak.

Actually, those descriptors are fairly factual...
I know of most of their movies only due to Netflix Streaming.
Same here.
Last time Zombie on a plane was on. The title says it all
Off topic but my wife and I are waiting for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to hit the theaters. She likes Pride and Prejudice, I like zombies. Looks like a good date movie. :p
 
lol zombie movies are always great date movies!!
 
FoolKiller
The other half are people like me pulling them up on Netflix and laughing non-stop.

I think that is how most people come across them. I will say they do a good job keeping the "horrible movie" market well stocked.
 
Last edited:
I think you messed up your quote.
I think that is how most people come across them. I will say they do a good job keeping the "horrible movie" market well stocked.
Going through their IMDB list is like going through my Instant Queue. Scary.
 
Technically, not a sequel.

Also, had this not been posted here you likely wouldn't have ever run across this. I mean, have you seen "Snakes on a Train" yet?

No I did not. It's probably terrible and nobody normal would want to watch it.

Aww I'm going to watch it now won't I? :lol:
 
I wonder if they have enough lifeboats for this "Titanic II." You would think that they learned the lesson and have enough lifeboats for everyone. Also, are they going to lock the "lower class" passengers in the bottom and let them drown?

Looking at the trailer, the ship sinking scene reminded me more of the Lusitania than the Titanic. I don't recall Titanic catching fire when sinking (at least in the original movie)?
 
This looks really bad. Probably the worst sequal ever conceived.
 
No I did not. It's probably terrible and nobody normal would want to watch it.
Which is my point. The Asylum makes movies so bad that people only see it because it gets pointed out to them by someone else, or they run across it by random chance.

Aww I'm going to watch it now won't I? :lol:
Your morbid curiosity won't let you avoid it forever. It's like a train wreck; if you can see it you are going to look.

While we're on bad movies: Go find Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. You'll thank me later, once you stop laughing.

Looking at the trailer, the ship sinking scene reminded me more of the Lusitania than the Titanic. I don't recall Titanic catching fire when sinking (at least in the original movie)?
Well, keep in mind that this is a modern day Titanic. We no longer use pesky fire retardant materials when we build things. [/sarcasm]



Yeah, this is going to be horribly awesome.
 
When I first saw this thread I thought, "What, are they going to make a documentary about the lives of Titanic survivors after they reached New York?" Why the Nigel Mansell's moustache are they making a sequel?

Regarding the absence of Samuel L. Jackson in Snakes on a Train, maybe he doesn't want to be associated with a movie which is obviously going to be a load of crap.
 
When I first read your post I thought "Oh jeez so the ship actually DIDN'T sink?"
Then I watched the trailer.
Oh my god.
Looks like one of those dodgy made-for-tv flicks that are shown regularly on SyFy with special FX that look like they were made on a low-end laptop, and starring Dean Cain or that bloke that played Bo from the old Dukes Of Hazard tv series.
Wouldn't be surprised if the ship was equipped collision sensors that triggered huge inflatable balloons from either side and at the front, much like airbags on a car.
I'm thinking Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus levels of quality here.
 
Last edited:
While we're on bad movies: Go find Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. You'll thank me later, once you stop laughing.

I see that and raise you one.



If we're talking (lack of) quality here and it kind of fits...
 
Back