Premium
Australia
QLD, Down Under
GTP_Paulie
Paulie LDP
TLD Sponsored Track Days

TLD_LOGO.jpg
Thanks to shawtyowner for this plaque​

Hello and welcome to The Lion's Den's weekend track days. Something I've been moulding in my mind for quite some time now (ask ASH32 if you don't believe me, I was asking his opinion on this months ago), TLD's track days are simply a chance for all of us to get together and have some fun, whether that be in cruise, race or drift format.👍 They will be run for only a couple hours at a time every weekend, normally on Saturdays, so you don't have to feel bad if you miss one week, we'll be here every week.;)

Generally each track day will have a theme, ranging from things like pre 1990 US muscle to run what you brung events, I will always endeavour to keep a good variety of vehicles showing up to TLD track days.👍 So, I'll just quickly take this opportunity to run through the track day types:

Cruise- There is no object to win, just get in what ever car you have/fits in with the theme and come to the track for a relaxing cruise with friends. Feel like trying some stunts while you're at it? Go for it! Feel like lining up with someone for a good old fashioned rolling start drag race down the main straight? Go for it! GTP has become far too victory orientated, so come along and unwind.👍 Please note also that you need to get out of the way for all the normal racers, we don't want to cause obstructions.

Drift Session- Pretty self explainatory, we get in any car we like/fitting with the theme and get together and go drifting around the track, ensuring we keep away from the usual grip racers of course. There can be no winner, because there is no judgement system.

Race Day- Again, pretty self explainatory. Get in which ever car you like/fitting with the theme, you're in for some good close gentleman's racing against friends. Make sure you're in first across the finish though!

And so, with that all explained, here is this week's TLD Track Day (PAL):

Date:
Time: From 09:00 to 11:00 GMT (Not accounting for Summer Time/Daylight Savings), first session starts at xx:00
Type:
Theme:
Tyres:
Track:(Being a race day, event PP specifications must be met.)

Afterwards, anyone on my friends list wishing to come on Home for a get together at my apartment is encouraged to do so, for chat about the track day and what not. (Please don't add me just to get in to my apartment chat).

If any NTSC racers would like to discus with me a time for an NTSC session time, please contact me ASAP.

Last edited:
well that sounds pretty nice. I was thinkin about such a thing once but didnt figure it appropriate for GT5P because its not like TDU.

But im in!

Chris

hellz yeah! I love the idea of a 4 way drag down Suzuka's straight. I don't know if I'm going to make it - is it PM or AM for the given GMT time? You should also mention that communication will be through chat room maybe? I don't know, but as long as we are all connected to someone who's on the chat room, we don't need 16 new contacts to add just for a cruise. The PSN chat looks like the way to go.

I'd be up for it, if I can make it... So 9am GMT is 7pm our time Paulie? If so I should be able to make it. Idea is fantastic.:)

AUSnicko9 and I did something similiar to cruise in the old F430 N1 event at fuji. When it was just us 2 we had a bit of fun drifting and doing stunts, crashing into each other(we agreed that was fine if it was just us 2, and also we discussed it before hand). It was great fun, cruise looks similiar to this(but without the immature teen punting we agreed to:lol:)

I'll be there if it's in our night time.👍

hellz yeah! I love the idea of a 4 way drag down Suzuka's straight. I don't know if I'm going to make it - is it PM or AM for the given GMT time? You should also mention that communication will be through chat room maybe? I don't know, but as long as we are all connected to someone who's on the chat room, we don't need 16 new contacts to add just for a cruise. The PSN chat looks like the way to go.

That is 24hr time I listed, so it's AM in GMT, which makes it 19:00-21:00 for us.

I'd be up for it, if I can make it... So 9am GMT is 7pm our time Paulie? If so I should be able to make it. Idea is fantastic.:)

AUSnicko9 and I did something similiar to cruise in the old F430 N1 event at fuji. When it was just us 2 we had a bit of fun drifting and doing stunts, crashing into each other(we agreed that was fine if it was just us 2, and also we discussed it before hand). It was great fun, cruise looks similiar to this(but without the immature teen punting we agreed to:lol:)

I'll be there if it's in our night time.👍

Correct.

I'll also add that afterwards anyone on my friends list is welcome to come on Home for a massive (And by massive probably not many of us, maybe 5 or just more? :lol:) group get together in my apartment for chat about the track day and general fun.👍

Edit: Does anyone know how many people PSN chats support at once?

That is 24hr time I listed, so it's AM in GMT, which makes it 19:00-21:00 for us.

Correct.

I'll also add that afterwards anyone on my friends list is welcome to come on Home for a massive (And by massive probably not many of us, maybe 5 or just more? :lol:) group get together in my apartment for chat about the track day and general fun.👍

I'm up for the Home party too.:lol: Sounds like great fun.:D I can't wait till saturday now. I'm really hoping we've got nothing on. This looks so fun.:)

Oh yeah, this looks awesome Paulie! I love the idea of the cruising, it sounds really relaxed, although I will be tempted to pull a few stunts... :lol:

Oh yeah, this looks awesome Paulie! I love the idea of the cruising, it sounds really relaxed, although I will be tempted to pull a few stunts... :lol:

:lol: Me too. I can see me doing J-turns down straights.:D:lol: Like the old F430 days Nick.:D

:lol: Me too. I can see me doing J-turns down straights.:D:lol: Like the old F430 days Nick.:D

Haha yeah they were a hoot mad :lol: Took us like 10mins just to finish one lap :lol: And we always used to punt each other over the finish line :lol:

Haha yeah they were a hoot mad :lol: Took us like 10mins just to finish one lap :lol: And we always used to punt each other over the finish line :lol:

:lol: Good times..... They were so much fun, but it was great cause it only ever used to be us 2. Which meant we could do what ever we wanted.:lol: Drifting through the pits, punting across finish line, spinning every corner and 10 mins per lap. All good times.:lol: I'm sure the TLD track days will be a bit more professional than that.:lol: But if I participate in a drift day, i'll be the one ploughing the fields.:D

:lol: Good times..... They were so much fun, but it was great cause it only ever used to be us 2. Which meant we could do what ever we wanted.:lol: Drifting through the pits, punting across finish line, spinning every corner and 10 mins per lap. All good times.:lol: I'm sure the TLD track days will be a bit more professional than that.:lol: But if I participate in a drift day, i'll be the one ploughing the fields.:D

It's a 2 man job, let me help you.:lol:

I suppose it would be good if we could avoid hitting other drivers where possible. Since a cruise doesn't have a winner, it wouldn't matter much, but common courtesy.👍

It's a 2 man job, let me help you.:lol:

I suppose it would be good if we could avoid hitting other drivers where possible. Since a cruise doesn't have a winner, it wouldn't matter much, but common courtesy.👍

:lol: Nick, might help too....:lol:

Yep, I was just saying what Nick and I used to do. I think TLD track days should definetely be clean.

I will definitely make it to a track day sometime, I don't know if it will be the first one, but i'll try, but I will be able to come to one at some point or another. You need to set-up a PSN chat room like people have said, then we can co-ordinate things, such as the drag idea you mentioned. What are you going to do about people we encounter who are racing, are you just expecting us to be sensible and move out of the way. Maybe you should ask people to respect them and remember to get out of the way, if there are other people racing on the track. We don't to be giving Gtplanet a bad name by getting in others way or annoying them, while we enjoy the track days.

I will definitely make it to a track day sometime, I don't know if it will be the first one, but i'll try, but I will be able to come to one at some point or another. You need to set-up a PSN chat room like people have said, then we can co-ordinate things, such as the drag idea you mentioned. What are you going to do about people we encounter who are racing, are you just expecting us to be sensible and move out of the way. Maybe you should ask people to respect them and remember to get out of the way, if there are other people racing on the track. We don't to be giving Gtplanet a bad name by getting in others way or annoying them, while we enjoy the track days.

Good point, that's done. Setting up a PSN Chat could be difficult, there's no guarantee that everyone would be in it, for example if somebody comes in at the last moment. We can try it though.👍

I just remembered, it will be limited to cars on N1-S3 tyres. The theme this first time will be what ever car you wish to bring.

I'll be taking F40 or Art Morrison most likely, something that sounds good and has A LOT OF POWER!:D

I'll probably take my Mustang or Brera, maybe both if we have enough cruises within the 2 hours.:D

Hey Paulie I only got a question. Are these events going to be only PAL?? Because that would extremely suck. :lol:

I mean, it's not fun drifting by yourself online, you know what I mean?? :sly:

Its finally set!

Cant wait, I havent drifted in a month or two now...

Will be bringing my F430 and the home party sounds great, always bored on home :embarrassed:

Hey Paulie I only got a question. Are these events going to be only PAL?? Because that would extremely suck. :lol:

I mean, it's not fun drifting by yourself online, you know what I mean?? :sly:

If any NTSC racers would like to discus with me a time for an NTSC cruise session time, please contact me ASAP.

Its finally set!

Cant wait, I havent drifted in a month or two now...

Will be bringing my F430 and the home party sounds great, always bored on home :embarrassed:

Yeah. You can come to the cruise but the official drift day won't be for another 2 weeks.

Im so in like said in my first post. Just dont know what car to bring. :S

Either my beloved GTR, SL55 or M3

OK, will bring my M3 i guess, another question, do we have to have 650PP? or can i run my car stock?

Chris

Last edited:
Im so in like said in my first post. Just dont know what car to bring. :S

Either my beloved GTR, SL55 or M3

OK, will bring my M3 i guess, another question, do we have to have 650PP? or can i run my car stock?

Chris

I can answer this, taken from the first post.

Track: Suzuka 650 PP (Note, unless it's a race day, you may use what ever PP level you like).

So there you go you can run stock, R tires are not allowed though.

To anyone on my friends list, I have the Log Cabin in Home now for us to meet up at after the track day. I decided against a club unless they announce a cancellation of plans for ongoing fees associated with clubs.:(

I take it you got a card then? I'm on your friends list but haven't been on home in a while. Next time you see me on, give's a shout and I'll be there in a jiffy.

Indeed I did get a card.👍 Now I can get DLC for racing games if I need to.:sly:

I can answer this, taken from the first post.

Track: Suzuka 650 PP (Note, unless it's a race day, you may use what ever PP level you like).

So there you go you can run stock, R tires are not allowed though.

thanks, i did read the first post though, but i didnt really understood that lol sorry

Thanks

Chris 👍

thanks, i did read the first post though, but i didnt really understood that lol sorry

Thanks

Chris 👍

No need to apologise, I don't mind helping out at all, but it really is quite simple. These track days will each have one of three themes, they are:- Cruise, Race and Drift. For Cruise ( which this one is ) and Drift you can turn up with any pp. Race however will require you to have a set pp.

Back