To all the "I'm tired of whiners" folks out there - a moment of reason

• Thread starter Devedander
  • 37 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironic that some other guy says the exact same thing I said and is considered "level headed," yet apparently I'm spreading propaganda...

It was a bit sarcastic... I know sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet. I was reiterating a point from my OP about how it's easy to be defensive and say all that now, but where was that white knighting when it was a different game getting picked apart? It's definitely level headed but also kind of the point of my post... I don't recall a lot of people around here saying "focus on the good things about FM3" when it came out... was that a problem then?

Regardless of what we've seen in relation to each other, the fact remains is that every single thread in the GT5 forum has some group of people whining about smoke pixels, rims, or some other nonsense. They're taking these small things and using them as a quality standard for the entire game.

Again, you are doing exactly what you say others are... you are taking something that exists and then blowing it up to claim "people are saying it's game breaking!".

Are the people "whining" making things up? Are they saying things are bad that aren't there? Or are they just expressing dissapointment with something that is actually dissapointing?

Because if it's the latter, you are still one upping them by complaining about something happening that didn't even happen (game breaker). Ultimately at least the "whiners" are working with factual (if trivial to you) items...

Last edited:
Trust me I have read a huge number of posts on this site and have yet to come across "it's a game breaker"...

I think you are doing what you are saying others are doing... you are blowing something out of proportion so you can complain about it...

Wish you had been around to spread that kind of level headedness when Forza 3 came out...

Haha yeah... Im a FM3 player, Ive owned it since launch and have enjoyed it, I still do. I will be picking up GT5 as well at my earliest oppurtunity, which could still be a few weeks for me. Both games are good on their own merits and all of the bickering going on about imperfect shadows, jaggies, etc. is just ridiculous. Everytime you go into a certain area on motegi in FM3, a lot of track items disappear everytime. Its there, but no one cares. The less you care, the more youll enjoy I guess.

Like I've said before, people have blinded themselves to what's great in the game and purely focused on the tiny imperfections, deeming them "huge flaws, gamebreakers."

They've spent so much time looking at what they don't like that they've forgotten what they do like, what the game does RIGHT. Which FAR outweighs petty "smoke pixels."

I agree. That's life though people are different. But how many people have actually played the game so far? In a few days time when they've actually played it and someone asks about the smoke pixels etc their answer should be...

"Smoke pixels? I was 'accidentally powersliding past a Ferrari at Suzuka in the wet to take first place on the penultimate corner, and you ask me that? WHO CARES! I'm still shaking, look. *holds out hand*"

Wow, this is a complainer thread to the 3rd power. He is complaining about complainers who were complaining about complainers. Just stop with these threads. People are going to have opinions, its just going to get MUCH worse here after this game comes out, so here's an idea for you, either ignore it dont bother coming here, it's only going to get worse.

Meta-whining. I absolutely hate that. In fact, I'm tempted to start a thread about it :dopey:

I think the guy who started this thread has many good points. In other words, don't hide the truth by calling out people as "whiners" when they are not whining about anything rather they are stating the facts.

I am buying GT5 on Wednesday regardless. I already have my preorder in and I cannot wait to pick it up and play it.

But from the video footage I have seen, I have observed the following (these are FACTS, not me whining):

-VERY jagged shadows in both the cockpits and replays
-Shadows that pop in and out suddenly
-Very rough edges around certain cars (looks like standard cars, not the premium ones, which means over HALF of the game could potentially have these rough edges? Just saying...)

So, what do you think? Some people are bound to be disappointed. Am I disappointed? Yeah, just a little but I am still going to be getting this game nonetheless because of all of the features in it and, yes, the graphics are still topnotch despite the glitches seen.

I will be recording and posting HD video footage (direct feed) when I get the game and seeing just how prevalent these glitches are throughout the game. If it's under 10%, then no big deal. If the glitches are constant and over 50% present in the game, then you will hear my honest opinion of course. ;)

How about we all stop whining about everything? Hmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back