TO BE CONTINUED! California Challenge - xx:15 / :45 - 700PP - Fuji Speedway

• Thread starter vinster
  • 176 comments
Lacko, you should believe in Rudi, the Clio Tuned is a bit faster than the California (only 2 or 3 tenths) and you can achieve more consistent times too.

Tomorrow I'll upload my California replay and I'll post my setup if that helps.

Hi amigo,

I was just about to tell you to run a few laps at Fuji with the Clio 💡

You freak me out with your records LOL My best lap is 1'38.1XX and I can't believe how did you find the other 0.6 sec especially without clutch. My avarage lap in race is just 1'38.5-9 without slipstream.
I hope we'll meet at Fuji and I can find out what I do wrong when swallowing the dust behind you :D

The last couple of days I had a lot of problems connecting to the host and when after a few try’s I finally was connected my PS3 freezed or raced against some noobs how like too push me out of the corner when ever they get the change. Don’t know what is going on lately?
Try too switch from wired too wireless and back, but nothing seems too work. For sure it takes a way the fun of racing online against you guys. Maybe the developers are too busy getting GT5 finished, then its ok I guess? :confused:
@Ren or CT, What does YLOD mean?

@Ramon, that hot lap you drove is lightning fast, respect!!! :bowdown: It will put you in the top spot of the ranking and I think you will stay there for a while!! I’m going too take a look at you replay tomorrow because I just can’t believe it. ;) And I will try out your tune for sure; maybe I can hit the ’37’s finally.

I set a new personal best in a free run: 1’38.293 thought that was fast, but there are always people quicker. LOL
I will post the replay tomorrow.

@Ren Here’s my Cali setup:

Power: -1
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R3/R3
Aero: -

Height: -25/-25
Springs: 6/8
Dampers: 2/4
Toe: -0.08/+0.04
Camber: 2.2/1.7
Brakes: 5/6
Steering angle: 45
TCS: OFF
ABS: 1

1st: 2.916
2nd: 2.001
3rd: 1.538
4th: 1.243
5th: 1.038
6th: 0.877
7th: 0.743
Final: 4.306

I try getting online this week, already the last week of this event.
It was great fun so far!! 👍

Thnx. :cheers:

Last edited:
The last couple of days I had a lot of problems connecting to the host and when after a few try’s I finally was connected my PS3 freezed or raced against some noobs how like too push me out of the corner when ever they get the change. Don’t know what is going on lately?
Try too switch from wired too wireless and back, but nothing seems too work. For sure it takes a way the fun of racing online against you guys. Maybe the developers are too busy getting GT5 finished, then its ok I guess? :confused:
@Ren or CT, What does YLOD mean?

@Ramon, that hot lap you drove is lightning fast, respect!!! :bowdown: It will put you in the top spot of the ranking and I think you will stay there for a while!! I’m going too take a look at you replay tomorrow because I just can’t believe it. ;) And I will try out your tune for sure; maybe I can hit the ’37’s finally.

I set a new personal best in a free run: 1’38.293 thought that was fast, but there are always people quicker. LOL
I will post the replay tomorrow.

@Ren Here’s my Cali setup.....

Cool Vins, thanks for sharing as well 👍
And nice new lap, sets me back even further... but at least not so far I wouldn't attempt it... LOL, whereas Ramons time just seems so ex-orbital I think I'll only get depressed even trying to get close :lol: I think if that lap is clean and no clutch I'll change over to Mario Kart or something :sly: (k, I'll most likely regret having said this)

YLOD mean Yellow Light of Death and seems to also not be an uncommon event :nervous: But I'm sure CT can supply DYI instructions....

Didn't get round to it yesterday as planned but I'll give your ghosts a go tonight and then I hope I'll seeya on track, if I'm not busy playing Mario (and matching permitting that is. Many others and myself had plenty of trouble lately, you're not alone Vinster! For me it was especially bad over the weekend! Yesterday, Monday, I only had time for 2 races, but both matched and worked perfectly... so maybe tonight things work good as well *Ren stays hopefull* 👍)

Last edited:

PD changed the connection system. don´t know how to explain in english. :guilty:
one example. i´m often host and if i quit now the game the races are going on. ;)

i´m often host and if i quit now the game the races are going on. ;)

Now that's good news as a matter of fact, eliminates what I call the plug-pullers at least :) Let's just hope the rest goes back to normal...

Edit: Oh man, just watched Ramon's replay.... => as expected: :bowdown: => clean as a whistle => Mario Kart time for Ren

Last edited:
I've been trying to follow his (Ramons) ghost to yesterday with his own setup.
Just can't manage to follow a bit. :mad:
After the first corner he's gone for half a second.
Then he's pooling away and away and away.
So i can't actualy see what he's doing and when he brakes.
I managed to do a 1'38.9 behind him
Well done Ramon 👍👍

PS. damn i need that G25 i guess

:cheers: ramon

I can imagine VR6.... "luckily" I can't witness his replay dusting me cause of this maintenance issue going on atm :(

I've been trying to follow his (Ramons) ghost to yesterday with his own setup.
Just can't manage to follow a bit. :mad:
After the first corner he's gone for half a second.
Then he's pooling away and away and away.
So i can't actualy see what he's doing and when he brakes.
I managed to do a 1'38.9 behind him
Well done Ramon 👍👍

PS. damn i need that G25 i guess

:cheers: ramon

Yes in the first corner especially there is much time to gain or loose!!...I know because i have done many timetrails on Fuji were you learn these kind of thing...
Am sure i remember Ramons name from several of these timetrails aswell...:sly:

will try to do a few races later this evening.....

spyrrari.

@Ramon, damn great lap!!! :bowdown: I tryed your setup, but i still drove the same laptimes that I did before, must be my drivingstyle. LOL

Some great racing tonight, thnx.

tomorrow event updates, so hopefully some good new events. :D

A whole month of nice racing as a matter of fact
Thanks for the great event Vinster :-)

PS: Can we jack the California up to 800PP? LOL

Great news guys :D YLOD is fixed ..... but now im at G/F's house :ouch: and it seems events have been updated :( thanks for the great event Vin 👍 it was a month of fun racing.

see you all again :cheers:

A whole month of nice racing as a matter of fact
Thanks for the great event Vinster :-)

PS: Can we jack the California up to 800PP? LOL

Great news guys :D YLOD is fixed ..... but now im at G/F's house :ouch: and it seems events have been updated :( thanks for the great event Vin 👍 it was a month of fun racing.

see you all again :cheers:

Thnx guys, it was great FUN!!:cheers:

@Ren, I will think about that, :D first a bit of rehab from de Cali's. LOL

@Ren, I will think about that, :D first a bit of rehab from de Cali's. LOL

LOL, you're right, as much fun as it was, sometimes a change isn't bad :lol:
I'll prob be hopping back and forth between the 512 at Fuji and the Monster-Event at Suzi! 2 totally different types of racing I'd say, both fun in their way! Hope to see you often!

I know I'm bringing up an old post but the events seem to be fading off. What about boosting this to 800 (729 to be exact) and running it??

sounds good CT, although Thursday brings us some brand new (read recycled!) events, maybe we should run with the current 800pp schedules for now and hope PD give us a few more worthwhile events next month!

I'm up for having a Cali challenge. It's my current car of choice for Fuji 700pp!!

Thumbs up from me 👍

Back