TO BE CONTINUED! California Challenge - xx:15 / :45 - 700PP - Fuji Speedway

• Thread starter vinster
  • 176 comments
Netherlands
Almere, Holland
GTHQ_davinci
Because of the great success (full grids, big races and clean battles! :cheers: ) and some requests. The Cali Challenge will be continued till the next event update!!!​
Hope too see you guys (and girls) at Fuji the following days. :)
And I will keep the fastest lap ranking up too date, but I prefer posting free run laptimes (with saved replay, dont have to be posted, only if necessary :odd:).

Fastest laps: (so far)

1. 1:37:607 - GTro_Ramon - free run - replay posted
2. 1:38:293 - GTHQ_davinci - free run - replay posted
3. 1:38:343 - GTP_Ren831 - free run - replay posted
4. 1:38:436 - GTP_theewar - race
5. 1:38:441 - GTRP_RudiRaser - race
6. 1:38:612 - OCT 262 - race
7. 1:38:667 - GTP_CRAZYTORTISE - free run
8. 1.38.872 - GTP_DarkNeo - race
9. 1:39:065 - GTP_oldnail1 - race
10. 1:39:3xx - GTHQ_Roomboter - race
11. 1:39:774 - GTP_Blitz 187 - ?
12. 1:39:973 - GTP_DGiant2000 - free run

California Challenge: Thursday 13th till Sunday 16th of August

2009-ferrari-california-pumpkin.jpg

Circuit: Fuji Speedway

Car: Ferrari California

Restriction: 700PP

Date: 13-16 august

Start: 7:30pm GMT / xx:00 / xx:30
Update: 7:15 GMT / xx:15 / xx:45​
(Because of existing PAL or NTSC / Expert / Fuji / 700PP xx:00 / :30 event.)

Hello everybody,

This is my first event I post on the :gtplanet: forum. Wait a minute, its my first post ever, so will see how it gets along.
What do i need to say about the California, that its a great car too drive. Especialy its 7speed gearbox, its so fast even without driving with a glutch. And that is perfect for drivers with the DFGT or PRO, like me :lol:. Its very competitive against other manufacturors on Fuji as well. And most of all its a true Ferrari.

Thursday and Friday we start off with practice rounds, so we can get too know each other better. LOL
Whe have normal starts and no pitsstops, so no delays.:)

Saturday is RACE DAY!!!

Sunday is the after party; for the people how cant get enough!

Maybe its a good idea to make a ranking of the fastest laps? (in clean air of course). I will put them in the first post.

Fastest laps: (so far)

1. 1:38:329 - GTHQ_davinci
2. 1:38:436 - GTP_theewar
3. 1:38:478 - GTP_Ren831
4. 1:38:612 - OCT 262
5. 1:38:667 - GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
6. 1.38.872 - GTP_DarkNeo
7. 1:39:065 - GTP_oldnail1
8. 1:39:3xx - GTHQ_Roomboter
9. 1:39:774 - GTP_Blitz 187
10. 1:39:973 - GTP_DGiant2000

PS,
Sorry for my not so flawless English (writing is a bit more difficult than talking and even that i dont master :lol:).
And if anybody has any comments or suggestions , please let my know.

Hope too cya.

Last edited:
This is the most official "first post" Ive seen. Good Job sir. I hope the PAL guys dont let ya down.

Also, your english is a lot better than most native english speakers. Thanks for the effort.

Won't make race day or the after race party unfortunately but I will try to get on Thursday and Friday for some fun 'practise' racing! Good work 👍

Just did some practice laps and it's a nice one. Good tune aswell, keep up the good work mate 👍

Thnx for the positive response guys.
I made some small changes in the post about the starttime.
Because not everybody lifes in the same timezone. A little reminder from Roomboter. LOL

Let me get this straight........Thursday and Friday we will be having Practice Rounds?

So am I right in thinking that Thursday will be the Practice Session and Friday will be Qualifying?

If Friday will be Qualifying then the fasted time will obviously be on Pole.

Saturday Race Day will be fun but I need to know something that has not been made clear when this post was started.

1) How many Laps will there be?

2) Will this race take place Online with everyone who Enters this Challenge ie (Set A Qualifying Lap Time)?

3) Must Account for Time Zone difference for GB Racers.

4) For everyone who Enters we will need to Start a Text Chat with Friends or Add Friends to yur list with whom we meet in the Challenge. This will give the opportunity for more drivers to enter.

I know I may have listed a few things here that might not interest some people but I think could work if we want it. I cant wait to to start this Challenge as I think it will be very challenging.

Let me get this straight........Thursday and Friday we will be having Practice Rounds?

So am I right in thinking that Thursday will be the Practice Session and Friday will be Qualifying?

If Friday will be Qualifying then the fasted time will obviously be on Pole.

Saturday Race Day will be fun but I need to know something that has not been made clear when this post was started.

1) How many Laps will there be?

2) Will this race take place Online with everyone who Enters this Challenge ie (Set A Qualifying Lap Time)?

3) Must Account for Time Zone difference for GB Racers.

4) For everyone who Enters we will need to Start a Text Chat with Friends or Add Friends to yur list with whom we meet in the Challenge. This will give the opportunity for more drivers to enter.

I know I may have listed a few things here that might not interest some people but I think could work if we want it. I cant wait to to start this Challenge as I think it will be very challenging.

I think this is more of a fun event then a serious Challenge event... But maybe I am mistaken... I can however answer a couple of your questions...

1. There' s 10 laps in the Fuji races...

2. It does take place online against the people who decide to join the fun, but I dont know about the qualifying thing... Thats up to Vinster....

3. Takes place at 7.30 GMT til ????... thats the general time for everyone...

4. Text chat is always handy... :)

The qualifying sounds good though, except I dont know exactly how we could put that into practice... we would have to pause at the start and rearrange grids... could get messy... :D

I think this is more of a fun event then a serious Challenge event... But maybe I am mistaken... I can however answer a couple of your questions...

1. There' s 10 laps in the Fuji races...

2. It does take place online against the people who decide to join the fun, but I dont know about the qualifying thing... Thats up to Vinster....

3. Takes place at 7.30 GMT til ????... thats the general time for everyone...

4. Text chat is always handy... :)

The qualifying sounds good though, except I dont know exactly how we could put that into practice... we would have to pause at the start and rearrange grids... could get messy... :D

Hee blitz thnx for answering a couple of questions for me.:)

Hi Spawnblack,

2) Those practice rounds are not too be taken to seriously, it’s more for fun and for example too fine tune your car.
But your ideas about qualifying and order in start position are really good and maybe we can realize them in future events.

3) For example English drivers start at 19:30 GMT and for Dutch drivers like me its GMT+2 (21:30) so we al start at the same time. And there is no end time, we stop till we drop.:lol:

Overall its just a fun event for serious drivers.:P

Hee blitz thnx for answering a couple of questions for me.:)

*snip*

...Overall its just a fun event for serious drivers.:P

No problem, just helping out 👍 and I figured it was more of a fun event as well :D I'll be here for sure over the weekend... take a break from shooting people on BF: 1943 :lol:

No problem, just helping out 👍 and I figured it was more of a fun event as well :D I'll be here for sure over the weekend... take a break from shooting people on BF: 1943 :lol:

Thanks Blitz. I will be sure to be there on Saturday for the race and I will see you all for Thusrday and Friday for practice sessions.

Good Luck guys and have fun.

Giving this a try now and its very nice. best so far is 1:39:717 1:39:489. Theres a whole lot more to come off and im on a wheel now so not pushing as hard as i can. Still getting the feel for things 👍

This car is great fun, I encourage as many people as possible to get on and have a go at this event, having an absolute blast practising today with crazytortise!

Last edited:
Can anyone explain me how such an event takes place?
Are we going to be racing together? Is that even possible? When I go online I always auto-join/connect to people, I can not choose a host or server..

press start at exactly on the hour or half past by the clock on the game, that way you will join everyone else who will be doing the same

in at 00 👍

Do you want our fastest free air race laps Vinster?

Race laps or practice laps doesnt really matter, just has to be one complete lap in free air. :)
(For example if you come out of the slipstream at the straight end before start finish and you start your quick lap than that doesnt count.)

ok, I'll kick it off, 1'39.973 done in free lap

(waits for crazytortise to post his faster time :rolleyes: )

this is a very nice event and nice a nice car.
vinster is also very fast
(we had a lot of battles together at the rx8 550 suzuka)
best time i manage so far 1:39:310 in free air

Some matching issues tonight, is it worth changing the schedule to say 15/25. It seems GTRP have an 00/30 event too

I did some practice a couple of nights ago and liked it aswell

Fastest lap in clean air 1:39:7xx

I'm in tomorrow for sure

Last edited:
this is a very nice event and nice a nice car.
vinster is also very fast
(we had a lot of battles together at the rx8 550 suzuka)
best time i manage so far 1:39:310 in free air

Yeah, i remember, that was a great event too, nice battles!!:)

Tonight i clocked a 1:38:737 in a practice run, after a 12 hour shift at work. LOL
So it can go a little faster next time.

Some matching issues tonight, is it worth changing the schedule to say 15/25. It seems GTRP have an 00/30 event too

Great idea!!! I was also thinking about that. There are too many other cars in at :00/:30. And this is a Californa (exclusive) event!!:D

I changed the schedule in :15/:45.👍

See first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great races on here tonight, looking forward to more of the same tomorrow. Thanks to Vinster for organising this 👍

Haven't been online for a while but have had a bit of a practice on free run. managed a 1:39.2 so far which doesn't seem too far off. Hope to have a go tonight, the California is good fun!

Back