TOCA 3. you know. the ps2 version.

• Thread starter kinigitt
  • 1,059 comments
Only, you say that like it's a bad thing. That's still twice the size of the largest grid in GT4.

How many would be interested in an Offline TRD3 series, for those who dont have Ps2 online like myself.

Could be a laugh and i would probably set up a small free forum to run it from.

Ashley.
How many would be interested in an Offline TRD3 series, for those who dont have Ps2 online like myself.

Could be a laugh and i would probably set up a small free forum to run it from.

I had Toca Race Driver 2 & the game was pretty poor offline. Though I wonder if I should get TRD3...

Maybe I should get that game & put my account IPWNXRAY, lol!

Remmber that those 12 cars online are real people who will far exceed any AI there is. Racing will be closer.
Think of racing a friend offline 2 player, but then add another 10 (Obviously don't choose the friend that sucks) and think how hard that would be
I think I need to try and get my PS2 online for this, just to race against 8 people with reactions and blocking just to make it difficult.
As for a little TRD3 tounament, sounds fun, depends how its run ^_<

@ EE :lol:

ExigeExcel
Yeah but there are still a number of independant versions being made. Right now I'm waiting for 'dwevans' to complete his V3 option file as his V2 file was very highly regarded.

Yeah I'm not so much into the option files nowadays because i got the PC version which can be easily modded. Therefore i only really need it for updating transfers. If he makes them for PC can you please give me a link? Cheers.

Back on topic: I pre-ordered the game from play, so it may even be here on friday because they sometimes ship games before the release date. I hope they will anyway :)

Just got notification from Game that my RD3 has been dispatched, and with any luck it might arrive tomorrow. Can't freakin wait!

fujiwaratofuuuu
does anyone have a suggestion for which version to get, PC or PS2. I was leaning towards PC due to my pc having much more power than the PS2, but I'm still not sure!

I've heard some people are going with the PS2 or xbox versions because they don't want to deal with the Starforce issues that the PC version causes on some computers. Others claim they have no such issues with Starforce on their PC versions and (of course) like the higher resolutions of their PC. What is starforce? The following link is one of many that goes into detail about it, but again, you'd have to judge for yourself if it's anything to be concerned with. I personally have no experience with it.

http://www.glop.org/starforce/

I imagine you can use the DFP wheel on the PC version as well.

As for me, I'm getting it for the PS2. I love the DFP and 900 degree support and don't even want to chance anything messing up my PC. Plus, I like the bigger screen of my TV anyway.

I am not sure how many cars TRD3 has offline but I know TRD2 had 20 which was the most I have ever seen for a xbox or PS2 game. I remember the first time I got to drive the 68 Fastback mustang against 19 other 68 fastback mustangs. It was like heaven!!:dopey: :dopey:
EDIT: I just looked and it sais TRD3 has 21 OFFLINE for the xbox. 12 ONLINE. I will probably spend most of my time online though but I will at least try out the single player for a few hours if its good.

From my experiance with the demo that wont be happening, specially on hard difficulty.

I finally got a clean race in the demos British N-GT race on brands hatch, the Mosler is one tough car to drive on the edge, i had to crank the difficulty down to medium to win:D

When i did it again on hard, i laid the throttle down to early after the long back straight hit the armco and got hammered into by a Corvette and in the replay it looked really really realistic, it also ended my race!

Ashley.
From my experiance with the demo that wont be happening, specially on hard difficulty.

I finally got a clean race in the demos British N-GT race on brands hatch, the Mosler is one tough car to drive on the edge, i had to crank the difficulty down to medium to win:D

When i did it again on hard, i laid the throttle down to early after the long back straight hit the armco and got hammered into by a Corvette and in the replay it looked really really realistic, it also ended my race!

I agree. I played the demo in career mode and set it on hard and was doing well just to advance a few positions in the first lap alone.

CAMAROBOY69
That only happens in the beginning of the game. As you progress it gets a LOT harder.
I stopped playing Toca 2 at 82% and I don't remember the game getting much harder. But I haven't played it in a long time so I'm not sure.

Still I hope Toca 3 to be better.

Ok, I have a dilemma. Should I get TRD3 for Xbox or for PS2? I already have a DFP with a cockpit, but I have no Xbox live for Xbox. But I do have a 480p and widescreen capable TV and a great custom soundtrack (for Xbox).

Also, how is the PS2 online?

Ok, I have a dilemma. Should I get TRD3 for Xbox or for PS2? I already have a DFP with a cockpit, but I have no Xbox live for Xbox. But I do have a 480p and widescreen capable TV and a great custom soundtrack (for Xbox).

Also, how is the PS2 online?
PS2 online will only have 8 cars. Xbox has 12 online. If you dont have xbox live I HIGHLY suggest you get it. Its only about $4.00 a month. Xbox online blows PS2 away and this isnt even debatable. Xbox live is the ultimate in online gaming experience. Period. :)
Any time a game is available on xbox and on PS2, I buy the xbox version. Actually most xbox owners that have both systems will buy the xbox version.

Back