Toca Race Driver Pictures & Videos (Toca Race Driver 1, 2 & 3)

• Thread starter evanzo7
  • 34 comments
Scotland
Inverness
evanzo7
evanzo7
I know this series is very old now, too old for it's own Sub Forum & despite it not officially being the prequel to the Grid games, I think we all know it is.
Especially now with the Grid Legends announcement & the McKane name coming back!

I've recently started a playthrough of the original Toca Race Driver & plan to do the other two games in the series at somepoint as well.

I would love however to see content whether it be pictures or videos from others in this forum, whether it be new or old content, please share it none the less.

I hope you enjoy watching my playthrough as much as I've enjoyed playing it so far!

Carrying on the Toca Tour in the Lexus for this episode as we aim to wrap up the title & look forward to the next events.

After a decent opening to the Alfa GTV Cup we move on to the final 3 races. Catalunya was a tough one & has put us on the back foot, but let's see if we can redeem ourselves & win the title!

This episode proves to be the first proper test I have encountered since starting this playthrough!
Hope you had a good laugh!

Last edited:
We really wanted to drive the Chaser for the Pacific Challenge but it wasn't an option this time around sadly! The Impreza however is not a bad alternative!

We go into the final 3 races of this championship tied on points, all still to play for. We also have the chance to earn enough points to jump to the next tier in this career mode too!

After a woeful start to the season we need to bring our best to the table to try save the season & get another title under our belts. Only problem is my driving ability!

We recovered nicely in the DTM championship last time out, now we move onto another couple of head to head races, can we do better than last time?

With the Head to Head races done last time out, we jump into the American All Stars championship with the aim of getting some good points, getting those results on track will be another thing though!

After a torrid time in the opening 3 races of this championship I do not expect much from these next three! Let's see if we can change fortunes though!

Last time out we rounded off our worst performance so far in this Playthrough! We now look to the V8 Supercars to try & redeem ourselves, but can we do that?

After a below average start to the V8 Supercar series we've left ourselves a good bit of work to do to fight for the title, can we tame the car in these final 3 races on the back of our win in the last episode?

So after several episodes of woeful driving it is time to really start taking a different approach to try & get some results. Will this be the episode for that however?

We're sort of being forced back into the AAS series for todays episode, can we at least do better than the previous attempt?

Last time out we beat our points tally in the AAS series from previously, so now is time to further improve that, I do hate Bristol though, needs to get in the bin!

With a good start to the season under our belt in the European Tour, we go into the final three races with high hopes of good point scores to propel us towards the final tier of this career mode!

After getting a good haul of points in the Euro Tour last time out, we focus on some of the Pro Driver Events & a Single day event before looking at what we can do next!

We're still looking for points to promote us up to the final tier in this playthrough! We head back to the v8 Supercars to see if we can improve on our total from before.

The title says it all really, just constant complaining & bad driving is the best way to describe this episode.
Need to pull the finger out & just get good!

So after a failed V8 Supercars season, we head back to DTM to see if there is any additional points on offer there for us. Tough ask but surely it can't be any worse than the last few championships we've done!

Seems that no matter what series I do, I can't make any forward progress.
Anyone got some tips for me?

Seems that no matter what series I do, I can't make any forward progress.
Anyone got some tips for me?

I've been playing through TOCA Race Driver at what seems to be a similar pace as you, and unfortunately I've run into the same problem as you. I'm about ten points shy of promotion, but I just can't get those final results to break into the LOLA championship!

The NASCAR series is hit or miss because of the questionable way oval racing is implemented, the European Tour is only really do-able if you're in the Corvette (And even then the Rockingham Oval races have the same problem as the NASCAR ones), and the DTM / V8SC is a lottery on account of the sheer chaos involved.

I'll let you know if I figure something out, that is if you don't beat me to it!

I've been playing through TOCA Race Driver at what seems to be a similar pace as you, and unfortunately I've run into the same problem as you. I'm about ten points shy of promotion, but I just can't get those final results to break into the LOLA championship!

The NASCAR series is hit or miss because of the questionable way oval racing is implemented, the European Tour is only really do-able if you're in the Corvette (And even then the Rockingham Oval races have the same problem as the NASCAR ones), and the DTM / V8SC is a lottery on account of the sheer chaos involved.

I'll let you know if I figure something out, that is if you don't beat me to it!
I am so glad that I am not the only one! :lol:
I have another video going up later today, I'll post it when it's live & I remember, in that one I come so close in the DTM to bettering myself but then Zandvoort pops along to ruin my day!
But you're right, the majority of it is a lottery.

What points do you have in DTM, V8 & AAS?
It's 13 I need, not sure I'll get them all in DTM but I know with some good driving I can grab a few there (as the video later will show).I am positive I can get more points in the V8s but the way the AI can shoot off into the distance & not have the same traction issues we have is insane. I was using manual the other day & I still can't get the car to stick to the road.
AAS I once thought was where my points would come, I used to be able to win Charlotte with some ease but even now that is happening less & less.

For now I've shelved this series until I can muster up the energy to do it again. Maybe a little break from it will help me.

Here is said video;
So as you may have seen recently, I have been having a tough time with this playthrough.
I've had a few attempts "off-line" to see how I got on, this is the outcome.

Last edited:
You're not gonna believe this, but I've literally just done it!

Went back and did the European Tour, somehow won the first three races, and had a poor last three. That put me nine points off promotion, but LUCKILY there was a single day event available which of course offers ten additional points.

Only just won it on the line, and made the Lola championship with one point to spare!!

The Euro Tour only seems doable if you do it in the Corvette. The Lotus is too slow and the Supra has zero handling, the Corvette also has poor handling but at least it's significantly more powerful than its rivals.

20221029_140222.jpg

You're not gonna believe this, but I've literally just done it!

Went back and did the European Tour, somehow won the first three races, and had a poor last three. That put me nine points off promotion, but LUCKILY there was a single day event available which of course offers ten additional points.

Only just won it on the line, and made the Lola championship with one point to spare!!

The Euro Tour only seems doable if you do it in the Corvette. The Lotus is too slow and the Supra has zero handling, the Corvette also has poor handling but at least it's significantly more powerful than its rivals.

View attachment 1204237
That is incredible! Fair play!

This gives me a little hope of getting it myself!

Been a while since I've made a video on this game & there is a reason behind that, I've struggled hard with it. This video goes into more detail about that but for now this series & game is getting shelved for the foreseeable I am afraid to say.

Last edited:
Sorry to see you're shelving it Craig, but completely understandable. I've started my own playthrough on the YouTube channel as you know, and despite only two episodes being live, I've found a very steep curve in difficulty, mainly caused by how inconsistent the cars can be to control! I'll push on and see how far I get! Thanks for the series up to now!

Back