Toca Race Driver Pictures & Videos (Toca Race Driver 1, 2 & 3)

  • Thread starter Thread starter evanzo7
  • 41 comments
  • 16,800 views
Sorry to see you're shelving it Craig, but completely understandable. I've started my own playthrough on the YouTube channel as you know, and despite only two episodes being live, I've found a very steep curve in difficulty, mainly caused by how inconsistent the cars can be to control! I'll push on and see how far I get! Thanks for the series up to now!


Couldn't ask for a better person to start a playthrough as I shelve mine! :cheers:

Steep learning curve indeed, this game takes no prisoners sometimes!
 
I recently got TOCA Race Driver 3 working again on my PC, and so I'm starting to make a few videos here and there. :D

Not sure yet if I want to stream a full playthrough, make videos on a playthrough or just keep making single race / championship videos like so. I definitely want to make more content on it though, it's my absolute favorite racing game of the PS2 era (only just beating out GT4 due to having full damage and having Pukekohe Park)



 
Remember before the blowup of mods, when game devs would actually put wacky stuff in their games by themselves? Colin McRae Rally 3 had a battle tank and a jet fighter, Need For Speed Carbon had a firetruck and a dump truck. And TOCA Race Driver 3 had lawnmower racing... :lol:

 
Remember before the blowup of mods, when game devs would actually put wacky stuff in their games by themselves? Colin McRae Rally 3 had a battle tank and a jet fighter, Need For Speed Carbon had a firetruck and a dump truck. And TOCA Race Driver 3 had lawnmower racing... :lol:


I did not know this, but I love it!

Really need to give it a try myself now!! :D

Did you ever play the Toca Touring Car games, one of them had a tank & a Cadillac if I remember rightly! Back when you felt like a wee boss putting in cheat codes! :lol:
 
Did you ever play the Toca Touring Car games, one of them had a tank & a Cadillac if I remember rightly!
Absolutely, that was the first game that had the Caddy and the tank! It also had a race track set in a volcano called lavaland, more of a rally cross circuit than anything you'd run supertourers on!

There were so many Codemasters racers that had odd cheats and bonuses like that, it's definitely something I miss about games back then!
 
After a while away from Toca Race Driver, I have returned to it today as I was having issues running DiRT 2. Hopefully I can fix that & it'll be back but for now I've reignited my Toca Race Driver Playthrough!




5/4/25
Continuing in AAS this episode as we try & get to grips with this game again. It doesn't go as well as I had hoped!
 
Last edited:
Dusting down this playthrough once again with renewed hope that I can make some progress! Will this be the occasion, finally?

 
Loved using the Lexus and Astra in BTCC. Think I used the Astra the most.
The lexus was class! I always loved the MG when watching the BTCC growing up! So getting to play it in this game was brilliant!!

_________

I'm not taking any prisoners when it comes to trying to get some good results here. Struggled for so long to make progress that now, it looks like I can make progress, so I am pulling out all the moves to make sure.



5/4/26
Last two races in the V8 Supercars, and there is a glimmer of hope that I may beat my best points total so far!

 
Last edited:
Returning to Toca Race Driver today, and I finally get to compete in the Lola World Championship!!



26/8/26
Part 2 of the Lola World Championship today & I hope to improve the results to have any chance of beating Nick, James or whatever you want to call him!



1/9/26
Attempting the Lola World Championship again today! This time however there seems to be two Dodge Vipers as competitors, rather than just the 1 from last time! So this may pose to be more of a challenge!

 
Last edited:
Returning to Toca Race Driver today, and I finally get to compete in the Lola World Championship!!



26/8/26
Part 2 of the Lola World Championship today & I hope to improve the results to have any chance of beating Nick, James or whatever you want to call him!



1/9/26
Attempting the Lola World Championship again today! This time however there seems to be two Dodge Vipers as competitors, rather than just the 1 from last time! So this may pose to be more of a challenge!


Ive gone and caught up on your progress, good to see TOCA still proving frustrating all these years later!!

I might have to set up my PS2 again and try beat that Lola championship myself. Once I'd unlocked it, I wasn't too fussed winning cos I could drive all the cars in the single races.

Keep pushing man!
 
Ive gone and caught up on your progress, good to see TOCA still proving frustrating all these years later!!

I might have to set up my PS2 again and try beat that Lola championship myself. Once I'd unlocked it, I wasn't too fussed winning cos I could drive all the cars in the single races.

Keep pushing man!
Awh wow, appreciate that! That is a lot of listening to me though, poor you!

I think I really forgot how frustrating this game was but at the same time, I am enjoying it!

Once you get all the cars, doing some of the single races was class. I always ended up just doing BTCC races!

New Episode today! :D
To progress to the next stage of the career mode, I need $8Million in earnings. So it's time to delve into some missed championships to get the cash. First up is the Americas Series & this game showing off some more quirks with it's wildly unfair rolling starts!

 
Back