TOCA Series Season 2 - End Of Season Discussion

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,254 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the offer of your spare BMW, if I can't get one on time for the first race I'll take your offer.

DiegoC1980

Wow. Great video. Reminds me of Codemaster's Toca 2. What a great game at the time. :)

Any ideas of the day of the week you'll run this??

Didn't seem to find it in the thread.

In the first Season races were on Saturdays, I think season 2 will be on saturdays too.

As it stands we have 9 entries:

4 BMW
2 Honda
2 Lexus
1 Mazda

7 entries left. If anyone wants to enter just as a reserve as well, that is fine.

Limited was pretty successful in Season 1 - it discouraged dirty driving but didn't destroy people's races.

Full. Because it's better and promotes cleaner driving, and it still allows nudges and small bumps.

I think if you unfairly bump/hit someone dirty, you should let them pass right after.... Damage on Full, will let most of the field pass, too much of a punishment for what could be an unintentionally hit.

Limited damage. If it's not broken, don't fix it. Especially with limited damage as it fixes itself anyway.

My vote is for limited. I'm in the DTM series and the damage is on full. Its makes it more real but it also sucks the fun right out of it. You end up spending so much time trying to be so careful.

One of the races in the DTM series was a Special Stage. 7 races, 5 laps each, reverse order every race. Points came from your average finish position. We used a short user created track, put the damage on limited and had a shootout. It was the coolest thing I've done on GT to this date. To finally be able to make some sort of contact and not have to pit was a relief. Not heavy contact, just normal racing contact.

Just to jump on the TOCA bandwagon, I had the first 2 TOCA games for the PS One. My favorites other than GT. Also had CART World Series which was horribly wonderful.

Well looks like limited is a favoured option. What do you guys think of the weight change? Will that affect car set-up (1100kg min now)?

1100 kgs sounds good... will give the op to try different ballast positions.

Question? We're all driving stock trim (except Lexus') how would you know someone doesn't have a stage 3 engine/high output turbo???
(in the spirit of fairness, just worried about that)

Can you give me an idea of the kind of lap times i will need to compete on one of the scheduled tracks im fairly new to the game but feel i can hold my own. Just want to go and try a lap or 2 with my Honda to see how goes, dont want to take a place of someone more deserving. Will probably go for the reserve list as can only do one saturday in two usually.:)👍

Try Tsukuba, We can do 1.01.0's. Let us now how you get on, I'll put you on the reserve list. 👍

Try Tsukuba, We can do 1.01.0's. Let us now how you get on, I'll put you on the reserve list. 👍

Right can hang around the 101's count me in on reserve fella, the Honda is super tough on tyres mind you ouch!!:yuck:
regards John.👍

Last edited:
Sign me up, I feel like using the BMW. Still wish I could use the RAZO S15 though, seeing as I have one in my garage.

I wasn't there at tsukuba last season, did anyone have to pit?

I did in the first race just to see what I could do on fresh rubber, because I was last, but I didn't need to. I changed setup from the qualifying and race 1 one to a tire saver setup. The Honda was amazingly quick there. I think we qualified 1-2-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back