TOCA Series Season 2 - End Of Season Discussion

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,254 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a room open now. I'll be in and out all evening - come in to my lounge and practise as you please.

The other cars are DTM and have V8's.

The sprint races that i was in were only 2 laps. Of course it was close. Over he span of 16 laps the field will spread out. Especially 2 laps at Nurburg. Those long straights? An underpowered car wont stand a chance. Your racing for 2nd at that point. There will be some good battles here and there but they wont last.

If you set the HP limit at 300 and PP at 490, people can adjust and set up their car however they want and still fall within a balanced regulation. My bmw 299 hp with a stage 3 engine tune.

Sassafrass_3
If you set the HP limit at 300 and PP at 490, people can adjust and set up their car however they want and still fall within a balanced regulation.
I think a PP of 475 may be a better fit.
(just my opinion)

The sprint races that i was in were only 2 laps. Of course it was close. Over he span of 16 laps the field will spread out. Especially 2 laps at Nurburg. Those long straights? An underpowered car wont stand a chance. Your racing for 2nd at that point. There will be some good battles here and there but they wont last

If you set the HP limit at 300 and PP at 490, people can adjust and set up their car however they want and still fall within a balanced regulation. My bmw 299 hp with a stage 3 engine tune
Very good post, I fully agree 👍

The other cars are DTM and have V8's.

The sprint races that i was in were only 2 laps. Of course it was close. Over he span of 16 laps the field will spread out. Especially 2 laps at Nurburg. Those long straights? An underpowered car wont stand a chance. Your racing for 2nd at that point. There will be some good battles here and there but they wont last.

If you set the HP limit at 300 and PP at 490, people can adjust and set up their car however they want and still fall within a balanced regulation. My bmw 299 hp with a stage 3 engine tune.

Thought no tunes?????👎

Yes. My room is open now as well for some fun testing.

Last edited:
I realize no tunes. What im saying is that's what it takes to get those cars up to snuff. Im not using my bmw.

Rules change:

276 hp limit - this brings everyone into line. Though Monaco is a destruction derby. And to say JAMIE_Steez is quick is an understatement.

Jamie is very quick. 276 seems to be working pretty good. You guys just need to give each other more room. I was behind all the chaos waiting for the carnage to clear and i picked up 3 or 4 spots. When you said bumps and taps I didn't realize it meant turn into and completely wreck the guy next to you! That seem to be whats happening in turn one. Lol. We'll get it straightened out. Nice practice session guys.

Jamie is very quick. 276 seems to be working pretty good. You guys just need to give each other more room. I was behind all the chaos waiting for the carnage to clear and i picked up 3 or 4 spots. When you said bumps and taps I didn't realize it meant turn into and completely wreck the guy next to you! That seem to be whats happening in turn one. Lol. We'll get it straightened out. Nice practice session guys.

At Tsukuba and Suzuka I thought... "6 abreast into turn 1... I know what will happen..." Also reverse grids mix it up as well.

And 276 has worked better than I thought...

Also I may replace Madrid with Rome... My server has crashed 4 times loading madrid...

Rules change:

276 hp limit - this brings everyone into line. Though Monaco is a destruction derby. And to say JAMIE_Steez is quick is an understatement.

He is that, hope he shares that set up would like to try it before friday comes got concerns about the old Honda on a stretch:grumpy:

7:49 with a couple scary moments and a brief trip into the gravel.

Friday night is the series launch and a test at the Nordschleife. That is hardly an easy start but it will seperate the runners from the riders...

cunny17
Think we have a lot of setup to do Boyce. May have to spend tomorrow night at the Ring.

Stu

Think i'm out tomorrow night but def try and crack open the best setup possible before Sat. I'll make sure to do any practice runs in my lounge or someone elses if already on there.

Can i get a confirmation on race time? Qualifying starts at 11am for me, correct? Race at 11:45? Just making sure I've got this down in my brain. That's Saturday morning for me so i have to plan these races around my golfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back