TOCA Series Season 2 - End Of Season Discussion

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,254 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be me and you fighting for last Johnboy. I've went for the Mazda hoping to avoid tyre probs. Ran 18 laps at Tzukaba with last laps within .7 of first few laps.

Stu

Thats a good pace.

I'm up for this race where do I go to sign up and what are the restrictions?

Read First Post.

If there is still anymore places available I'd like to join.
I'll take the BMW if that's ok :P

PSN: ElectricStormV6

You are in 👍

I was much the same fella times will no doubt be slower online so i will be happy with second last!!!!! :lol:
My Honda comes in at 320bhp think thats ok??

That's good. 👍

And 59 lap times... Only 2 out 7 drivers managed that last year - 59.9 when I did it in a Honda. My BMW is about 59.1's now.

cunny17
Managed 1 59.xxx but mostly just over the 1 minute. Will have to check spec of my mazda. At the moment it has 320hp which i have limited back to 297hp, but checking the UCD to try and get another. Boyce what power does your mazda have.

Stu

My Mazda went up to 320 bhp after an oil change when i bought it. This was acceptable last season so i assume is still ok for season 2. I was getting the same times as you too.

Thats a good pace.

Read First Post.

You are in 👍

That's good. 👍

And 59 lap times... Only 2 out 7 drivers managed that last year - 59.9 when I did it in a Honda. My BMW is about 59.1's now.

Yeah bad news is thats offline:tdown: Managed a 747.404 on NBRing online my trouble is consistancy:(

My Mazda went up to 320 bhp after an oil change when i bought it. This was acceptable last season so i assume is still ok for season 2. I was getting the same times as you too.

That's fine. 👍

Yeah bad news is thats offline:tdown: Managed a 747.404 on NBRing online my trouble is consistancy:(

The race is 2 laps of the Nordschleife... will reveal race times later...

On a track a like Tsukuba it seem like you gain at least a full second or two. I was doing 59's over and over until i got online and could barely turn a 1 minute flat. My fastest was a 1:00.135.

Can someone let me know what time the races will be for me? 7pm in the UK, is that like 10am here? Im west coast time. Also if someone has a practice room up can it be posted on here? I'd like to get some people from this series on my friends list so I can find everyone.

On a track a like Tsukuba it seem like you gain at least a full second or two. I was doing 59's over and over until i got online and could barely turn a 1 minute flat. My fastest was a 1:00.135.

Can someone let me know what time the races will be for me? 7pm in the UK, is that like 10am here? Im west coast time. Also if someone has a practice room up can it be posted on here? I'd like to get some people from this series on my friends list so I can find everyone.

You are close, the room will be open at 11 am on saturdays at the west coast, and the race starts 45 mins or an hour later.

Ok, 1 entry is being reserved for a fellow racer who did quite well last season...

Sassafrass_3

Just send a friend request to The_Boyce be good to get back in practice with other cars. Dont know why but the Ring always fills me with dread.

Just read the first post, it is clear that the race is going to be in BST (not GMT) the correct time for the room to be open on Saturdays is:

7 pm BST = 6 pm GMT = 2 pm EST = 11 am Pacific

Please anyone correct me if I am wrong, I don't want to make people miss the race for a mistake in the time convertion.

DiegoC1980

BST is correct... Just to say only 3 entry spots remain! Any other's after that go on the reserve list!

DCerinza
Just read the first post, it is clear that the race is going to be in BST (not GMT) the correct time for the room to be open on Saturdays is:

7 pm BST = 6 pm GMT = 2 pm EST = 11 am Pacific

Please anyone correct me if I am wrong, I don't want to make people miss the race for a mistake in the time convertion.

DiegoC1980

Wow! 6pm GMT Thats a tad bit early on a Sat night. Any chance we could make the first race start at 7.30 GMT At the earliest?

I have a room open now for some fun races, join! Friend Requests sent to everyone as well!

@The Boyce - well 45 mins in qualifying... so race start around 6.45GMT / 7.45BST. Remember we are in BST now

Tonight we had a total of 10 drivers in some fun sprint races.Lot of contact, 5 winners and some interesting stuff.

~Weight is now 1140kg, so everyone is even.
~BMW struggle on fast tracks.
~Mazda are amazingly fast
~Honda are very quick
~Lexus are just plain slow for some reason...

Also, welcome dararo23, driftking18594 (Reigning Champion) and JAMIE_Steez to the series! In Mazda, Mazda, and BMW respectivly.

Also, now only 1 definite entry remains. Anyone afterwards will be on the reserve list.

Great practice session today. Wasn't a big fan of Madrid, I can see problems there.
(2 straights into 2 hard braking corners = bad news) Everything else ran well..

To my fellow Honda racers,
tuning that has helped me;
Remove stock rear toe.
Brake balance favoring the back
(to save front tires)
no rear downforce, near max front DF
Removing LSD locking strength
Ballast on the front
& a little positive front toe.

What were you guys running?

Tonight we had a total of 10 drivers in some fun sprint races.Lot of contact, 5 winners and some interesting stuff.

~Weight is now 1140kg, so everyone is even.
~BMW struggle on fast tracks.
~Mazda are amazingly fast
~Honda are very quick
~Lexus are just plain slow for some reason...

Also, welcome dararo23, driftking18594 (Reigning Champion) and JAMIE_Steez to the series! In Mazda, Mazda, and BMW respectivly.

Also, now only 1 definite entry remains. Anyone afterwards will be on the reserve list.

Yeah good fun the contact hit everyone i was bumped off 3 times trying to drive more cautiously.

To BMW racers:

Change the rear aero - raise it. Also set the LSD to low values to prevent wheelspin.

We have a teams championship to win :sly:

Is there no way the pen system can work im real concerned about the contact it really hit my driving the smallest rub sent me off and likewise the slightest rub i did sent people spinning or do you think it wont be so bad in the real thing??

Johnboy I'm going to have to miss this sat due to... I need more practice on this wheel coz I'm ****e at the mo lol

It will be wild. But any issues can be solved. I will save all replays, and warnings and penalty points will be handed out.

What's your car gik?

Great practice session today. Wasn't a big fan of Madrid, I can see problems there.
(2 straights into 2 hard braking corners = bad news) Everything else ran well..

To my fellow Honda racers,
tuning that has helped me;
Remove stock rear toe.
Brake balance favoring the back
(to save front tires)
no rear downforce, near max front DF
Removing LSD locking strength
Ballast on the front
& a little positive front toe.

What were you guys running?

Im with you on the brakes im running 2f 5r lsd 5 10 8 downforce -25f -10r:nervous:

Any car really I've just got a dfgt and I suck at it so I need a lot of practice but I might join up but use the ds3 coz it sounds fun

Johnboy I'm going to have to miss this sat due to... I need more practice on this wheel coz I'm ****e at the mo lol

Ok fella think you are on reserve so can join in sometime in the future mate, will catch up with you when next see you on gt5 and we can have a race.:)

Gik, when you are ready join. As I said, weight is set to 1140kg now. Provides a lot more even platform.

As I've said to Furi in pm's...

Imo all the cars should be run at the same power and weight

Let the different drivetrains, driving styles and set-ups provide the variety 👍

MrMulsanne
Gik, when you are ready join. As I said, weight is set to 1140kg now. Provides a lot more even platform.

I think il still join but with ds3 if I'm not up to scratch on the wheel

Any car really I've just got a dfgt and I suck at it so I need a lot of practice but I might join up but use the ds3 coz it sounds fun

If you havent got one of the 4 cars on the list mate keep an eye out in the ucg for one of them their listed on the first page of this thread. Come on mate have a go be a blast!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back