TOCA Touring Cars Series Season 1 COMPLETE - SEE FINAL POST FOR SEASON 2 LINK

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 309 comments
  • 29,805 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember I am still taking sign-ups!
 
Could be interesting, but I dont know how Ill go for time being in Australia.
Just seen this, so don't know what car ill pick. Got the Mazda, BMW, and IS200 from memory...
Will there be 1 car type per race or what will the limit be?
 
Rules changed.

These are now the only eligible cars

Honda Integra Type R Touring car (320hp approx, 1050kg)
Mazda Atenza / 6 Touring Car (310hp approx, 1070kg)
Toyota Altezza Touring Car (300hp approx, 1000kg)
Lexus IS200 GT-1 Race Car (280hp approx, 1010kg)
BMW 320i Touring Car (270hp approx, 1140 kg)
 
Rules changed.

These are now the only eligible cars

Honda Integra Type R Touring car (320hp approx, 1050kg)
Mazda Atenza / 6 Touring Car (310hp approx, 1070kg)
Toyota Altezza Touring Car (300hp approx, 1000kg)
Lexus IS200 GT-1 Race Car (280hp approx, 1010kg)
BMW 320i Touring Car (270hp approx, 1140 kg)

I don't have any of these right now. Are you sure I can't use my clio?
 
I don't have any of these right now. Are you sure I can't use my clio?

The MR Clio may have similar power and weight to other models, but it is Mid Engined with Rear Wheel Drive (MR). The weight balance is such is just slaughters anything else off the line, in corners, and speed. Me and RacerPaul did some testing and found the Clio around 1-2 seconds a lap quicker than anything else round the Cape Ring.

Other Testing Results:

The BMW 320i was underpowered by around 40 bhp compared to competition, but cornering was good.

The Mazda Atenza / 6. Good off the line but loses a little in cornering due to its 4wd understeer.

The two Honda's have been removed as they were way slower than I expected.

The Lexus IS200 GT1 and Lexus Altezza are both fine.


Now I know some people don't have those car's so I'm looking to but (and if people want, they can donate), any unwanted eligible cars of theirs, so I can give them to the people for the TOCA Series. That way everyone will have a car. I already have a spare Integra...
 
Rules changed

These are now the only eligible cars

Honda Integra Type R Touring car (320hp approx, 1050kg)
Mazda Atenza / 6 Touring Car (310hp approx, 1070kg)
Toyota Altezza Touring Car (300hp approx, 1000kg)
Lexus IS200 GT-1 Race Car (280hp approx, 1010kg)
BMW 320i Touring Car (270hp approx, 1140 kg)

I'll donate a car from the list if someone needs one 👍

And from that list, I'll be using the Altezza
 
Last edited:
I only have the Toyota Altezza - and will be running that once this gets going :)

(Might have been a reward car)

Though would love a Integra Touring Car if anyone has a spare... - thanks :))

Are you thinking weekends still?
 
Last edited:
I'll donate a car from the list if someone needs one 👍

And from that list, I'll be using the Altezza

I need one please. I'll give it you back at the end of each race or championship, you decide.
 
Sorry guys, I was going to dupe the cars and send them but my 2 psn accounts don't appear to be friends at the moment :crazy:

Don't know why :(

If I get it sorted, I'll help with cars
 
Last edited:
Name: CAMikaze
Car #: #38
Car: BMW 320i Touring Car

:D
 
Hi. count me in. Would prefer to be a week night race around 8ish gmt but try and make it whatever the day or time.

CAR: Honda Integra Type R
Number: 69
User: The_boyce
 
Hi. count me in. Would prefer to be a week night race around 8ish gmt but try and make it whatever the day or time.

CAR: Honda Integra Type R
Number: 69
User: The_boyce

That the Touring Car?
 
MrMulsanne
That the Touring Car?

Very sorry can I change my car to the Mazda Atenza 6 Touring car
User name The_Boyce
Car #69
cheers
 
Not sure why its missing the e off of my user name.
 
No probs. Your in.
 
ENTRIES:
RacerPaul (Toyota Altezza GT-1)
Just for clarity MrMulsanne, its the Altezza touring car as per your original list 👍

Thanks :)

ps. do you have a tentative track list and start date for the series yet?
 
Could people let me know there psn user names so maybe we could practice pre season on the track together.
 
Mine is in my signature, feel free to add me :D
 
I'm doing a Red Bull X1 Invitational this weekend, but we'll get some practise sorted next week.
 
<----- Look over here. ;)

I hope I can make as many of these races as possible given the fact I sometime work on Saturdays at a supermarket. :)
 
RacerPaul
Mine is in my signature, feel free to add me :D

Cheers RcerPaul i'll add you soon. Look forward to racing with you.
 
How much are most of these cars, for example; BMW 320i and would it be in the online car dealership or the used car dealership
 
Around 80,000. Check UCD.
 
This isn't dead, I'm just kinda busy. More news next couple days
 
MrMulsanne
This isn't dead, I'm just kinda busy. More news next couple days

Glad to hear it. My car is ready and waiting.
 
I would join if the races were on Sundays.
 
I'm free tonight if anyone wants a race or trial run. Just add me to your psn friends list "The_Boyce". Be good to see people.
 
Any news at all on when this will start and antmy test sessions with all competitors?
 
Last edited:
I'm currently dovetailing this with organising a NASCAR series. This is still on... Schedule to be released soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back