Tokyo Game Show

• Thread starter Palleraa
  • 330 comments
GTP_RaaDK
I know it haven't started yet but still I would like to get some speculations up and running about this years Tokyo Game Show.

It starts the 9th of October but unfortunately the TGS's website lacks alot of information about when we can expect the different press conferences.

Anyone know where er can watch the different press conferences live and free?

I personally hope to get a preview of the final GT5 along with information about more updates for the GT5P Spec III.

/GTP_RaaDK

I know it haven't started yet but still I would like to get some speculations up and running about this years Tokyo Game Show.

It starts the 9th of October but unfortunately the TGS's website lacks alot of information about when we can expect the different press conferences.

Anyone know where er can watch the different press conferences live and free?

I personally hope to get a preview of the final GT5 along with information about more updates for the GT5P Spec III.

/GTP_RaaDK
Well yes if PD is at TGS which is quite likely, then we could see some information regarding future update's for Prologue...maybe an introduction to Damage if where fortunate. However I wouldn't expect to much regarding GT5 specifically, as many are trying to realize alot of additions to Prologue also directly influence or will be involved in GT5 also, such as damage. Damage will be tested and re-tested in Prologue to enhance or tweak it so that when it is in GT5 it will be great.👍 TGS will be quite the show I think.:D
Rusty*

I thought there wasn't going to be a show this year? doesn;t it run every other year?

http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/eng/help/faq.html

Will there be a Tokyo Motor Show in 2008?
The Tokyo Motor Show is held every other year, so there will be no show in 2008. The next 41st Tokyo Motor Show 2009 is scheduled for the fall of 2009.

When will the 41st Tokyo Motor Show 2009 be held?
The show is scheduled for Friday, October 23 through Sunday, November 8, 2009. Friday, October 23 (Fri.) will be the Special Guest Day and Opening Ceremony; General Public Days will be from Saturday, October 24 to Sunday, November 8 (16 days).

:rolleyes:

Sorry, must learn to read more carefully next time!

But didn't PD role out Spec II announcements last year at the Motor Show, or was that the game show aswell?

:rolleyes:

Sorry, must learn to read more carefully next time!

But didn't PD role out Spec II announcements last year at the Motor Show, or was that the game show aswell?

Spec II wan't even known about last year, Spec I (or just Original Japanese version) was talked about. Tokyo game show and Tokyo motor show had info on the then upcoming GT5P, but the GT5P demo was released just after the Tokyo motor show last year.

So TGS starts 9th? What are the days it will run?
Any websites featuring coverages for free.. video wise... Because I don't have G4.

It starts on the 9th of October.
9.-10. Oct. Business Day
11.-12. Oct. Public Day

Anyone knows when the Sony press conference is?

Why do we need so many SONY's or other console's press conformance.. all we need is developer conformance. :) Esecially from GT showing, how online will work in the future. as well Damage, dynamic weather.

I would be enormously happy if they only showed a sneak peak of a work in progress damage!
Why do we need so many SONY's or other console's press conformance.. all we need is developer conformance. :) Esecially from GT showing, how online will work in the future. as well Damage, dynamic weather.
Well, the sony conference (not conformance) is where they have the GT announcements. At least it used to be that way..

Last edited:
I would be enormously happy if they only showed a sneak peak of a work in progress damage!

Well, the sony conference (not conformance) is where they have the GT announcements. At least it used to be that way..

Only if they conform to Tradition :D

Does anyone even know if PD are at TGS? I'm starting to have my doubts! I think the big autumn update may well have arrived, with some of the content they hoped to provide having not made the cut as it wasn't finished. I'll guess the next significant update will be Christmas time.

(still hope to be proved wrong!)

Last edited:
Does anyone even know if PD are at TGS? I'm starting to have my doubts! I think the big autumn update may well have arrived, with some of the content they hoped to provide having not made the cutas it wasn't finished. I'll guess the next significant update will be Christmas time.

(still hope to be proved wrong!)

Science is telling us that speed of light is constant, yet there is some proof that it may not be constant.
So you might be wrong about the update ;)
HAPPY? haha :lol:

Talking about black-holes in the universe, nothing new regarding our precious monolith?;). Home was supposed to be at the “Party” (once more...) with eventual late october public beta, maybe in line with also rumored new firmware update (2.50) for next week. As far as Polyphony is concerned@ TGS, it looks like we may have to scrutinize the sky for another year.:grumpy:

How do you know it's tomorrow?
I thought next time that PD gives us something was in 2010

We can hope for Prologue or full GT5 news at TGS still. We won't have to wait until 2010! There will be further updates to Prologue, we just don't know when!

One big disapiontment..... Shame on Sony and PD....

Urghhh you again... Shame on you for lack of faith lol

Guys it's been one day! How many days left are there? 2! Be patient for crying out loud they will at least give us more info about the Fall Update at present i dont care if I hear anything about GT5 Until mid 2009. Prologue is the main concern and still people dont relise this...

Last edited:

Guys it's been one day! How many days left are there? 2! Be patient for crying out loud they will at least give us more info about the Fall Update at present i dont care if I hear anything about GT5 Until mid 2009. Prologue is the main concern and still people dont relise this...

Haha ah but i like GT so much and i cant have it how they deal with there fans.... just give me some tracks and i will be quit tille summer 2009 or give same new info but no noting.

The thing is, Gran Turismo is like Sony's flagship. It's right up there with Metal Gear Solid, Ratchet & Clank, FF, etc. If you have something, anything, to announce about those kind of things you do it right away at the big splash press conference. Even if all you have is a single screenshot with a rumpled fender, you show it on the biggest screen you possibly can!! If you have a new track (even if it's not done), you show at least a couple teaser shots of it.

Also, especially considering Japanese culture, if PD had anything significant to show in tokyo this week, it would likely be considered an insult by Sony not to include it in the main press conference.

I'm not going to make any predictions on what might still be announced this week, but I'll predict what won't be announced, and that is - something significant like damage, a new track for GT5P, etc.

Hate to be a pessimist. I'll be crossing my fingers with the rest of you for the next couple days... I hope I'm wrong too.

Personally, it would be lovely to hear damage, but I would prefer Private rooms with voice chat. What is good with damage when random people slam at you?

Indeed, there is already a big under ”estimated/used” potential with what we have so far. Tracks like Eiger and London would be tremendous if raced against trusted opponents. There are already hundreds of events possibilities regarding car/tyre/aids/driving mode options. Probably not enough to keep people up with the game till 2010. But that’s when more cars, features and eventually tracks need to show up. In my opinion, the urging need at this time is to improve the online abilities of the game.

If the big fall update is only about 2 cars and a try for a new style of marketing/advertisement, I’ll fear that Polyphony may start to loose the necessary feedback needed to push the full game at the quality level expected by all. And that perspective, in my opinion, looks worse than not having “Damage” or the “Ring” right now.

Back