Tom's X540 Chaser

• Thread starter Capt_Hick
  • 73 comments
I absouletly loved this car from GT4 and bought it within a heatbeat when I saw it in the Used Car lot. I use this car for everything, drifting, racing, and rallying. So I was wondering what is you're current setup for Drifting. Personally I give it a 8/10 for drifitng, but I don't believe that my settings are best for it. (You can always make it better).

This thread is for everyone to test and share their drifting settings for this car, the Tom's X540 Chaser. [Controller Setting]

My Power: 528hp@ 1131kg

TsukubaCircuit_1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

[This is only a base setup, I hope to eventually come up with the best setup]

My current setup:

All performace parts (*Except for the Permament 3 Engine Tunning Stages*)

Weight reduction lvl 2 + Chasis Reinforcement

Stock Clutch

Transmission: 168MPH

LSD (Limited Slip Differiental) Settings

Torque: 60
Accelration: 60
Braking: 60

Suspension Settings:

Ridge Height: -45/-45
Spring rate: 12.0/10.0
Shocks (Dampers and extension): 8/8 8/8
Anti Roll Bar: 7/6
Camber: 3.0/2.5
Toe: -0.05/0.20

Note: 7/6 means 7 left side 6 right side

Last edited:
This setup should be added to the drift settings depot, works well. I think you should be clearer about the toe settings first though.

Great car!

Thanks

This setup should be added to the drift settings depot, works well. I think you should be clearer about the toe settings first though.

Great car!

Thanks
Yea, Im not going to lie, I did the settings of the top of mine head, I'll get the definite settings for it. Also When I say something like Rideheight 35/35 The number on the left means the left side and the one on the right means the right side.

Also I wouldn't go far as to say that its the best drifting settings, Im still have trouble drifting with it sometimes,(but then again, im not god at drifitng)thats why I posted it here so I can see other drifitng settings, so I can test and see which one I like. I'll post a picture.

Yea, Im not going to lie, I did the settings of the top of mine head, I'll get the definite settings for it. Also When I say something like Rideheight 35/35 The number on the left means the left side and the one on the right means the right side.

Also I wouldn't go far as to say that its the best drifting settings, Im still have trouble drifting with it sometimes,(but then again, im not god at drifitng)thats why I posted it here so I can see other drifitng settings, so I can test and see which one I like. I'll post a picture.

I was drifting with this setup last night and it holds drifts very well. Someone more experienced than me might be able to tweak to get the best performance, but as a base setup it's fine.

Good work!

i love this car too, but i CANNOT find it in the used car market. i saw it Once, and i didn't have the money for it, now i have the money on the side and i cannot get it to show up in the used car lot. I REALLY HATE how the cars change/cycle. 👎:grumpy:. I can't wait to find it again and then i can actually contribute to this thread. Big Body Drifting!!!! :)👍

i love this car too, but i CANNOT find it in the used car market. i saw it Once, and i didn't have the money for it, now i have the money on the side and i cannot get it to show up in the used car lot. I REALLY HATE how the cars change/cycle. 👎:grumpy:. I can't wait to find it again and then i can actually contribute to this thread. Big Body Drifting!!!! :)👍

What I normally do is do the American Race, 5 times so I get about 600,000 credits everyrun and check the used car lot, and if there is no I cars I like I just do it again. Also a faster way is just to go make a room online, start the race, quit, then restart the race and you're usedcar lot should be refreshed. Remeber every 5 reaces, completely refreshed the carlot

can someone please post a picture i love this car and am having trouble finding it aswell the only pics i can find of it are from gt3 id love to see a pic of one drifting.

can someone please post a picture i love this car and am having trouble finding it aswell the only pics i can find of it are from gt3 id love to see a pic of one drifting.

Ill post up some of my pics tonight. Also Ill keep a look out for another chaser for you. Im always looking for drift potential cars after I race.

thanks for the pics love the look of these things. I just started and cancelled 40 odd races trying to find a chaser LOL!! no luck i wish they had've kept the old day system where you knew exactly what day the car would be in there.

thanks for the pics love the look of these things. I just started and cancelled 40 odd races trying to find a chaser LOL!! no luck i wish they had've kept the old day system where you knew exactly what day the car would be in there.

Yea, I know what you mean, I didn't even know that it was in this game, untill I saw it. I never seen the car before so I looked at it and then it hit me, thats was the car I always used in GT4

I just got it. I like the setuo i have, i havent tried the one he posted though.

438HP 1360Kg (stage one turbo)

R. Height -4/-4
S. Rate 10.0/9.5
Damper (E) 5/5
(C) 4/4
Roll Bars 2/4

Camber 4/.5
Toe 0/.15

Chaser is a really good car, sick angle. I maxed mine out because I couldnt drift in the nurburgring without all the powahh.

if anyone is chasing a chaser i just picked up a second one, it will be stock.

PS before you say anything i know this is not the right part of the forum but most drifters at some point are looking for one.

I lost my account during the PSN outage so i lost all my cars, just got one yesterday *Again* big ups to UKO and his crew for that chaser fest, makes me want to go set it up right now.. hella tiight video! 👍

I want one soo bad! Im just scared to own one and it not sound anything like a 2jz like at all (i know gt5 isnt good for car sounds) and then i wont like it. But i guess if i try it, maybe ill like it.

I want one soo bad! Im just scared to own one and it not sound anything like a 2jz like at all (i know gt5 isnt good for car sounds) and then i wont like it. But i guess if i try it, maybe ill like it.
I'll send you one.

I still havent got mine...i search used cars everytime i get back to the main menu. Still nothing :(

Back