Too easy to roll?

I rolled the Focus ST 4 times on Nordschleife. Seems like it is easier to roll over, but the suspension model does seem to have more travel and more roll on the street cars, so I can expect it from them more than hunkered down performance cars.

I rolled my Anniversary Edition GT40. Can't remember the track, but I cut the corner and as the car slid back onto the track and hit the rumble strips it flipped over on me.

The chicane at Nurburgring GP is easy to do it, clip the right hand curb and it'll just grip roll. Some cars it makes sense, not for a GT3 car.

I rolled so many times at the end of conrod it is quite funny.

Nearly took some guy out too.

It's still too hard. Tall cars or cars with soft suspensions still won't won't roll over by themselves with repeated sudden maneuvers at high speed or by hitting the grass/runoff area sideways - with road tires (comfort tires in GT6) of course.

Couldn't get a CSL around the ring without rolling over. I cranked up the anti-roll bars in the rear and it helped, but it still seems like there is no gravity once you ht the curbs without downforce.

Exactly my thought.. Just did the Willow Springs 20 mile-challenge in the McLaren F1.. Rolled over like there was no gravity.. THAT and the fact that some AI cars lift the back of the car like 45 degrees makes me think, that there is too little gravity on the Earth tracks.. Everything is fine on the moon though.. I think. Never been there.. Yet.. *Sigh*..

I remember now where I rolled my car, I was doing something I used to do in GT4 and it did not work out so well.
Trail mountain coming up to ward the finish line on the last lap I used to run part way up on the hill to the right and get the car up on 2 wheels. I tried it in a race the other day and got a bit much of the hill causing the car to roll. I am pretty sure that is the only time and clearly it was my fault. Pretty much any car will roll over there if you hit it right with some speed.

I thought it was just me, but yeah rollover at Nurburgring (still won!) Madrid (some kind of trophy that time), one other. Also seems hard to freeze frame the moment in photo replay.

Yes, I had a Scion FR-S almost flipping on the small bump near Döttinger Höhe at Nürburgring. I'm generally not too impressed with the way cars behave in this game. It seems to me that they got carried away with suspension and tire mathematics without actually testing how it works.

Couldn't get a CSL around the ring without rolling over. I cranked up the anti-roll bars in the rear and it helped, but it still seems like there is no gravity once you ht the curbs without downforce.

Same, the CSL round the 'ring has been my go-to warm-up since GT4, and I can guarantee I won't hit the same lap times as previous games just by avoiding rollovers! The left hand turn at the top of the hill from Fuchsrohre into Adenauer Forst is especially problematic

I had a pretty crazy flip last night. It was cool for sure to see happen, but it was SOOOO suspect.....my eyebrow cocked up like my name was Mr. Spock. I think it was in the Historic Race Car Cup. Believe it or not....... Cote D'Azure. I'm in the Shelby Daytona, coming down the hill into the chicane (I forget the name of the corner now), I'm making a pass too, and I keep it clean with the AI but because of how tight it is, my right sides are obviously inside the curbing. As my right-rear goes over the curbing.........FOR SOME REASON........my ass-end get shot like a cannon straight up over my nose............. I $#!^ you not, the car is doing a front flip high enough in the air that the GT40 I'm racing drives right under my windshield, then I crash down on my roof.

It was SO awesome to happen. It was like a total Motorstorm Pacific Rift moment, when you hit one of what I called "land mines" out of nowhere you didn't see coming, and was so intense you actually shout out some curses or something because it caught you so off-guard. But at the same time........I'm not so sure that was supposed to happen in Gran Turismo.

The BMW 8 I've rolled twice in differnt spots on the Ring. Only car I've rolled and I've driven a good 50 cars sofar. However, I remember the complaint in GT5 about vertical physics. Seems to have been fixed!

I've never had a flip in any car, except for ones I've caused intentionally. I've taken several laps around the nurburgring in even decently soft suspension-ed cars... Aside from the glitch that LarryL experienced, it may just be that you're taking too much bite out of a turn that you used to be able to and now you just need to adjust your driving style.. I find the physics to be spot on and I race cars in real life quite often.

I've rolled the Light Car Company Rocket twice due to my own mistakes. Cutting inside too much on one of the curbs of Spa and Matterhorn. At least it's not ridiculously bad as Forza 4, which is downright infuriating with the rollovers. Especially when you always turn off the rewind...

Well the fact that rollovers being possible outside of smashing into walls/custom lumpy tracks seems to be "more" realistic, I suppose, but I guess it still needs fixing…

I don't have GT6 yet, so I don't really have a place in making judgements and arguing with other's yet...

I remember now where I rolled my car, I was doing something I used to do in GT4 and it did not work out so well.
Trail mountain coming up to ward the finish line on the last lap I used to run part way up on the hill to the right and get the car up on 2 wheels. I tried it in a race the other day and got a bit much of the hill causing the car to roll. I am pretty sure that is the only time and clearly it was my fault. Pretty much any car will roll over there if you hit it right with some speed.
What track is trail mountain?

Back