• Thread starter chase94
  • 50 comments

Does GT5 have too many cars?

• Yes

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 113 75.3%

• Total voters
Ditch the 'regional duplicates' as they are identical but otherwise as long as the models are unique you can NEVER have too many cars!! :dopey:

The trouble is, they can't remove cars. Which means that in GT6, people will either moan because there are still standards, or moan because there aren't anymore cars than GT5...

No, GT5 does not have to many cars. Otherwise, however will the number reach 1000 cars? :sly:

I love my Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec (R34) '99 because I had that same Bayside Blue model from GT2.
I love my Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II N1 (R34) '00 because it is a standard car with carbon hood and carbon side mirrors.
I love my Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Special Color Midnight Purple II (R34) '99 because it comes in a special color.
I love my Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Special Color Midnight Purple III (R34) '00 because it comes in an even prettier special color.

I love my Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02 because it is a premium car and I can see an interior of a Skyline.

This worked in GT4 because you couldn't paint your cars, so the Special Colour versions made sense. In GT5 you can paint your cars, so you could easily drop the Special Colour editions and no one would miss them as long as there was still a way to aquire the colours. The N1 is lighter than a V-Spec so its still a useful car. Same thing applies to the MX-5's too, get rid of useless special editions and keep the cars with actual performance differences.

It's not the amount of duplicates that's the problem, it's the amount of useless duplicates.

or moan because there aren't anymore cars than GT5...

Thing is though, GT3 had less than a third of the cars GT2 had and to this day it's still the most critically acclaimed GT game of them all.

And, for that matter, the most critically acclaimed driving game too.

with about 200 premiums, the game is still way behind forza4 for instance, a game in which all cars are "premium" (all 500 of them) and without duplicates/year models.

In gt5 not only premiums are noticeably better in every aspect in comparison to the standards, but they have the most important thing these days: cockpit view.
I have more than 1000 cars in gt5, but for me premiums and DLC are the only cars worth driving really, with at most 100 exceptions (out of a bit more than 800 standards).

Also consider removing the different variations of every standard car: there must be about 150 unique standard cars.

and as for the s2000, the game doesn't even have half of its models :P. And it makes a lot of mistakes as well.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/829...n-turismo-5/page__view__findpost__p__20232257

Last edited:
No, the more the Merrier! (sp?) You'll never know what you might find in the UCD because there is 800 different (apart from duplicates of the Skylines and Miatas :P) cars you can discover that you never knew existed!
I

yeah this... plus a million.

i don't really like the fact that there are Premium cars AND normal/crappy quality cars. I would rather have ALL the cars be the same quality. I never feel like buying a used car because i feel like it is useless and i would rather spend my money on a premium car that has much better graphics and sounds.

Oh come on folks it's pretty clear there's no balance between the amount of cars and tracks. We all should forget about them for a while and ask for a couple of circuits to balance things up a little.
At least some retextured stuff from GT4. Every day I see plenty of "cars whishlist" threads, I'm quite surprised most of you don't think more tracks should be a priority.

AMS97F1
I agree. To many of the same car. I mean, they can put in 25 -30 Skylines, but they leave out other great cars. Dosen't make any sense. Its ok having say 5 or 6 Skylines, as long as they are all different. But the list of Skylines is ridiculous

I can agree, but they all look the same, so it doesn't look like a real problem for dev's, just change some minor details, and change some values for physics, surely that can't be too hard?

I really like the fact you can drive a Japan, US, And a Euro version of the same car.

Even when they are identical?

Well like I said I'm from the US so I tend to drive my US edition S2000 more than my JP version. Even though with the blacked out cockpit just because the driver is on the left side puts a smile on my face. I take my GT very serious mind you. If it a 6speed I use Clutch H pattern. If in the 458 I use the paddles. I am very appreciate we get to drive all these damn cars!:lol: With the ability to change the wheels on the standards I'm :drool:ing. People see the standard as a negative I see them as a big plus for the fact I can drive more cars. 👍

Last edited:
with about 200 premiums, the game is still way behind forza4 for instance, a game in which all cars are "premium" (all 500 of them) and without duplicates/year models.

In gt5 not only premiums are noticeably better in every aspect in comparison to the standards, but they have the most important thing these days: cockpit view.
I have more than 1000 cars in gt5, but for me premiums and DLC are the only cars worth driving really, with at most 100 exceptions (out of a bit more than 800 standards).

Also consider removing the different variations of every standard car: there must be about 150 unique standard cars.

and as for the s2000, the game doesn't even have half of its models :P. And it makes a lot of mistakes as well.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/829...n-turismo-5/page__view__findpost__p__20232257

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on that. I have not played Forza Motorsport 4 but I have visited Forza Planet and seen the photomode pictures there. :scared: Honestly IMO, I wouldn't want cars in Gran Turismo 5 to look like cars from FM4. I'd rather have only 200 beautiful* looking cars than 500 'shiny plastic looking toy cars'** IMO.

*(absolutely stunning, go check the GT5 photomode forum :drool:)
**(go check the FM4 photomode forum)

As they exist, I like having the left and right hand drive options now we have cockpit view on standards. Although they are only slight variations I'm glad they're in there as they take up little resource.

Does anyone know if there are obvious differences between eu and us versions? Is it just the range of colours (colors) offered?

Also are any of the "eu" versions actually right hand drive models? The United Kingdom, Ireland, Malta, are the only european countries to drive on the left (i think)

To see who is on which side see this world map.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg

For more detail

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_and_left-hand_traffic

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on that. I have not played Forza Motorsport 4 but I have visited Forza Planet and seen the photomode pictures there. :scared: Honestly IMO, I wouldn't want cars in Gran Turismo 5 to look like cars from FM4. I'd rather have only 200 beautiful* looking cars than 500 'shiny plastic looking toy cars'** IMO.

*(absolutely stunning, go check the GT5 photomode forum :drool:)
**(go check the FM4 photomode forum)

1) That's to do with the lighting engine, not the model quality. The cars in Forza 4 are very detailed and would look very realistic in a better graphics engine.

2) Forza 4 is far from ugly, it's a good looking game. Gran Turismo 5 does have a better graphics engine, but it is let down by the amount of PS2 cars.

3) Stop insulting other driving games. Gran Turismo is a great game, but it isn't the only great driving game in the world, there are other great driving games, such as Forza Motorsport. Many of us here play a variety of driving games and we do not appreciate people like you constantly insulting them.

On Topic: No, I don't think there are too many cars in GT5. The duplicate cars don't take much time or effort to create, so they don't bother me. Even Premium duplicates (Suzuki Swift, etc.) don't bother me, as all PD need to do is change a few small details and edit some stats, that doesn't take much time.

1) That's to do with the lighting engine, not the model quality. The cars in Forza 4 are very detailed and would look very realistic in a better graphics engine.

2) Forza 4 is far from ugly, it's a good looking game. Gran Turismo 5 does have a better graphics engine, but it is let down by the amount of PS2 cars.

3) Stop insulting other driving games. Gran Turismo is a great game, but it isn't the only great driving game in the world, there are other great driving games, such as Forza Motorsport. Many of us here play a variety of driving games and we do not appreciate people like you constantly insulting them.

On Topic: No, I don't think there are too many cars in GT5. The duplicate cars don't take much time or effort to create, so they don't bother me. Even Premium duplicates (Suzuki Swift, etc.) don't bother me, as all PD need to do is change a few small details and edit some stats, that doesn't take much time.

I'm sorry. :guilty:

Thanks for sharing No.1, so now I know. 👍

I thought the difference between the graphics of a car in GT5 and FM4 are caused by the number of pixels they put in the car. Number of pixels translates into number of hours spent. That's what I thought. :ouch:

Last edited:
I'm sorry. :guilty:

Thanks for sharing No.1, so now I know. 👍

I thought the difference between the graphics of a car in GT5 and FM4 are caused by the number of pixels they put in the car. Number of pixels translates into number of hours spent. That's what I thought. :ouch:

It's polygons which are on car models. The larger the number of polygons, the more detailed the car is. :)

Back