Tooned/Vectored Cars + Stuff

• Thread starter donbenni
  • 3,937 comments
Thanks guys! :)

Still working on it slowly. I can't seem to distance myself from Lamborghinis when it comes to vectoring... :lol: I love them!

Another progress shot:

(image removed)

Last edited:
It's got the Very Bright, vibrant colours that'll attract any eye.

But since you aren't done, I'd like to show this one off I made.
It's a remake of a Cyanide And Happiness halloween comic, I drew the most part on Illustrator (my first time), dressed up each character (anyway I wanted), but kept the same story. Why? well, my school paper needs a decent artist for the comics and since I'm the last one standing (im in my last year) I decided to gain some kinda status around the school and agreed to be the artist for the year. However, I wasn't one of great ideas since I have no source of ideas that come in (i closed off all sources i.e. TV), so they give me ideas and i draw. This first time is an exception because they procrastinated :lol: not my fault. Anyway look...

cnhhallocomicfullbv8.png

this was the one i copied: in thumbnail due to slight coarse language, which I believe is against AUP, so parental discretion is advised lol :lol:

Last edited:
looks good, though her face looks a bit flat

gt90bfp3.jpg

night drive uhh 23 i think lol, dont really have time to dabble as much as i used to, although i did recently make one of them A1 size :D one was a cutout and the other used cut stickers

gt90bfp3.jpg

night drive uhh 23 i think lol, dont really have time to dabble as much as i used to, although i did recently make one of them A1 size :D one was a cutout and the other used cut stickers

Looks great love the colours. Have you got a wallpapersize image?

Not really sure what you would class this as but, I think it fits here. Description as taken from my DevianArt page.

Originally a picture which was taken by me on my D-SLR. However when it came to work on the photo in Photoshop, I found the picture was out of focus. I then came up with the idea to render it as I would with some of the previous pieces of work I've done. Once the rendering was done I added a black to white gradient. The final touch was to re-draw Epiphone's logo to polish the whole picture.

Hope it fits in here.

As simple as it is, speedy, it's good the way it is, but IMO i think it'll look great if there was more details added, such as gloss (well more than what you got already). Don't get me wrong, I make simplistic works too..

As simple as it is, speedy, it's good the way it is, but IMO i think it'll look great if there was more details added, such as gloss (well more than what you got already). Don't get me wrong, I make simplistic works too..

So more realistic tones then, like some of the other renderings in this thread? Or just more detail? I haven't really done any of the more complicated stuff before so this will be intresting.

its got the basic details it needs, anymore than that and you may as well just render the whole thing, eh?

Um, a bit more realistic tones in that case. And do save as PNG rather than jpg, i can already tell its jpg without having to check on your full size on dA.

2nd post @ 20:52:

file_NAME: CHIBI_Challenger_WIP.png
ImageLOADER_providersrc: imageshack.us
IMGCODE: True
image_URL: True
Image Processing: Successful!
chibichallengeraigb1.png

[artist_NOTES.txt]
20:58>it's a WIP, just remember that, mixing a few graphic elements of donbenni.
20:59>It's a Dodge Challenger '08, and that's not full size; so any graphic wh**es (including myself)...
21:00>there'll be at least 2000 pixels for you to smother your eyes on.
[/artist_NOTES.txt]

Last edited:
um they're nice and all but what's really the point in posting someone else's work if they've got it up elsewhere?

Yes anyway, MORE WIP

chibichallengeraibh7.png

Reshaped the roof, the previous shape didn't hold the chibi-ness nor did it look like the car

FINAL PRESENTATION: Chibi Challenger '08

Click for Full Size

Here's the flat-out version of it:

click for full size if you like

Last edited:
i got my night drive vectors onto tees at last :) they come out great too i shall get some shots of people wearing some later!

euro site
us site

oooooooooooh, intresting, I'll try to rock some of those soon, way cool Stumpy (: the 32 Ford is specially neat, needs some carbs poking trough hood.

About the stuff above from Dangeruss, the guy is awesome, the only gripe I have always noted is that his carbon fiber never changes angles, its texture is flat no matter at what angle the surface is. But got damn, incredible work always. Ah, another gripe, he's a Foose fan, but oh wel...

Back