Top Cars and Categories Wishlist

France
France
Tricky_Vega
In Gran Turismo Sport we all noticed that we had quite a problem with unclassified cars thrown to the group X which made them pretty much underused or misused on one hand, and on the other hand we had an unbelievable melting pot of racing cars on the track especially in the group 1 because of the restricted overall number of cars in the game.

This thread may look trivial but actually is crucial to rectify that issue to render Gran Turismo 7 a bit more coherent in term of racing in general, and especially to get a real innovative Career Mode by creating some group subdivisions which can be raced separetly or mixed with the same group or against other categories from the same era.

I'd go directly to the Group 1 which really annoyed me in GT Sport, and here is what I wish to find in GT7 :

Group 1 :

Gr1 Future : Gr1 VGT, WEC LM Hypercar, IMSA LMdH

gr hypercar.jpg

vlcsnap-3829-03-18-10h10m50s545.png
peugeot hypercar.jpg

Gr1 2000 : GT1, LMP900 , LMGTP, LMP1 from late 90's GT1 to today's LMP1

1997_Porsche_911GT1Evolution-0-1024.jpg

bentley speed 8.jpg
Porsche_919_Hybrid_2017_53d9b-1200-800.jpg

Gr1 Classic : essentially Le Mans prototypes from late 1970's to 1994 including WEC groupC, IMSA GTP

Alpine A442b.jpg
Sauber C9.jpg

Gr1 Vintage : endurance prototypes from late 50's to 1972

porsche-917K.jpg
1200px-1969Ferrari512S.jpg
Alpine_A220_(1968)_(18839680196).jpg
tojeiro Jaguar.jpg

Group 2 :

GT2, Japan Super GT GT500, LMP2, DTM

supra super gt.jpg
2020-audi-r8-lms-gt2.jpg
williams rebellion LMP2.png

Group 3

Gr3 Future : Gr3 VGT

Mazda RX Vision GT3.png

Gr3 2000 : from late 90's GT to today including GT3, LMGTE ...

2020-mercedes-amg-gt3-1.jpg

ford gt gte.jpg
f1 gtr.jpg

Gr3 Classic : essentially GTs from late 1970's to 1994

bmw-imsa-3-csl-images-18.jpg
Alpine-A310-Poisson-Dieppois-1.jpg

corvette Le Mans.jpg

Group 4 2000 and Group4 classic

a110GT4.jpg
Porsche_911_Carrera_RSR,_Bj._1974_(2011-08-13_Sp).JPG

Group T : trackdays' Hypercars, supercars and sportscars

a group where many gr X in GT Sport could take part as the Zonda R, the P1 GTR, the Fittipaldi EF7, the BMW VGT classified in a 3 level category

170207_ccl_fxx-k-evo1.jpg
hd-brabham-bt62.jpg

Group F : including every one-seater formula cars from go karts to redbull X 2019
GTSport-SF19-Hero500.jpg

Group D : already customised Drift cars
brz drift.jpg

Group B : Rally cars, including WRC WRX and classic group B
005.jpg

Group E : for electric cars
taycan.jpg

and then come the road legal cars from 600cc Midget roadsters to Hypercars, from N100 to N1000.
mclaren senna.jpg

sf90.jpg

Please share your thoughts about it with the fact in mind that I'm not pretending my suggestions to be perfect.

Last edited:
It may sound so at first sight, but actually not that much technically, and knowing Gran Turismo it would be a bit challenging to beat the LMP1s with a CLK gtr or a 911GT1, it would be fun and that's what a videogame is about ;)

Here's my take on it (theoretically):

Gr. 1 - LMP1, Group C, Le Mans Hypercar, LMDh
Gr. 2 - LMP2, Daytona Prototypes, 1990's GT1 (new classification)
Gr. 3 - GT race cars (modern GT1, GT2, GT3, GTC, GTD, GTE, GTLM, GTS, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Renault Sport R.S.01 Trophy)
Gr. 4 - GT4, Porsche Cup, SCCA
Gr. A - Modern WRC and retro rally cars within the same horsepower region
Gr. B - FIA World Rallycross supercars, Actual Group B cars
Gr. H - Historic grand touring (e.g. Ferrari 250 GTO, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, Jaguar D-Type)
Gr. R - Retro grand touring (e.g. Group 5 touring cars, IMSA GT/GTO cars)
Gr. V - Vintage prototype cars (e.g. Porsche 917 K, Jaguar XJ13, Ford Mark IV, Ferrari 330 P4)
Formula Drift - Sanctioned drift cars from the Formula Drift league
Formula E Class 1 - Current-spec Formula E race cars, 2019 and 2020 versions
Formula E Class 2 - 2015-2017 Formula E race cars
NASCAR 1 - 2010-2013 NASCAR vehicles from GT5 and GT6, from 800hp and above
NASCAR 2 - Present NASCAR vehicles (2016 and onwards), limited to 725hp, and are slower than the older cars
Super Formula - Japanese Super Formula open-wheel race cars - provided Polyphony license all the liveries of the current season.
Super Touring - Super GT/JGTC (GT500), DTM (originally the idea Gr. 2 in GT Sport, but renamed and re-purposed for better classification)
Touring - Super GT/JGTC (GT300), TCR
Gr. X - Including, but not limited to:
  • Concepts
  • Safety/pace cars
  • Track-day cars
  • Unhomologated race cars (race cars that naturally don't belong into any category, or similarly-styled race cars to specific categories that do not meet their standards, e.g. a classic Alpine A110 rally car would likely be in Gr. A, but it is too underpowered for Gr. A standards, must be within 240hp to 300hp, stock)
  • "Wild card" or "odd-ball" cars (e.g. cars with more or less than four wheels, unique technologies and/or designs)
  • Electric vehicles and other such cars with alternative powertrains
  • Cars with CVT/direct drive (e.g. Koenigsegg Regera, Mazda Demio Sport '11, Toyota Prius)
  • Non-civilian cars (cars originally used for police/military/community purposes)
  • Original versions of Vision Gran Turismo cars
The only way for specific cars to compete against each other, outside of their categories, would likely be through PP matching, where cars with a similar PP region can race with each other.

Last edited:
Wow ! You have a precise but different sens of classification which is more taking it from scratch than mine.

Yours is relevent too, but there are still a few stuffs bothering me : the biggest is your grX working as a "trashbin" like the way it works in GT Sport.

But in your way the PP system would regulate some categories by itself so why not.

However I still like mine better because It takes back the class system from GT Sport with subdivisions to anticipate à bigger amount of cars in GT 7, and to diversify potential races.

In my system you can end up with multi class endurance races, and even select the era like Project Cars 2 did.

It’s tempting to differentiate era’s more. Particularly with sportscars given the vastly different reg sets. But I’d settle for a filter to choose which cars we want to race against.

Realistically I’d stick with the following for prototypes (LMP, GT1, Group C, Group 4, Group 5).

2005-2020 (and beyond)

1994-2004

1980-1993

Pre 1979

Pre 1969

Well, I have thought of the following cars for Group 4. A majority of them are carried over from GT Sport, but some of them are new and I don't know how to make of some others. Cars in Yellow are new cars; Here is my justification for inclusion.
1. Lotus Elise S3: The entire brand got shafted in Sport and it will most likely return in 7. Maybe Lotus can compete in Sport Mode after all?
2. Toyota GR Supra RZ A90: Gift-only car in GT Sport. Now should be a permanent addition, since that car better fits into Group 4 performance. The 86 can be retained though, for variety in the "Low-end" category; the Supra belongs to the "Mid-end" category.
3. Chevrolet Camaro SS Gen. 6: Why the Corvette is used instead of this baffles me, since even interior sharing is justified here. That said, I don't hate the Corvette; the rivalry of the Mustang and the Corvette shows how differently the definition of the American Sports Car evolved over time.
4. Mercedes-AMG GT: Heard someone made a "mock-BOP" for the AMG GT, using the SLS AMG Gr. 4 as a base. The SLS is outdated and should most likely be retired next season.
5. Ferrari 488: Same as the Mercedes.
6. Audi R8: Interior sharing with the Lamborghini Huracan is justified here.

There are limbos, too. Those cars are existing Gr. 4 cars in GT Sport that I don't know how to make of.
1. Audi TT: The TT can actually coexist with the R8; both were penned to be GT4 cars at one point (in 2010, a Dutch firm asked homologation of the Audi TT, but said car never went on to compete, and in the case of the R8, it was homologated back in 2018 and is competiting in GT4 now), and both cars have BOP data (for the TT, the FWD Cup version, the one in GT Sport, had SRO GT4 data). Perhaps more of a result of an oversight.
2. Mazda Atenza(Mazda6): --The Atenza featured in the game was never available with AWD-- The one in game is AWD. Sorry for wrong information. Although engine swap from a SkyActiv D-2.2 to a SkyActiv G-2.5, which revs higher, is a possibility. That said, should this car return, it should use a diesel engine with FWD, which differentiates itself from the other cars in the "Low-end" category with higher torque from the Diesel engine.
3. Nissan GT-R: The perennial GT favorite. Should this be brought back or should the 370Z replace it entirely?
4. Bugatti Veyron: This is basically on the league of its own. Besides, Bugatti is, and will, not be a Manufacturer eligible for competition in Sport Mode.
5. Renault Sport Megane Trophy: A mid-engine Megane... But I prefer the FWD version, for the sake of drivetrain variety.
6. Aston Martin Vantage: Will the new model replace the old one? I am not sure. Also unlike the Mercedes and the Ferrari, the one in GT Sport was still being produced between 2015 and 2017.

For manufacturers with multiple cars, both cars count towards the manufacturer point(in a fashion similar to GT Sport).

P.S. I have stated that the SLS and the 458 will be replaced. Why is the Genesis retained then? This is because Hyundai still need a car to compete in Group 4, and unlike the aformentioned vehicles, the Genesis Coupe 3.8 was not replaced by any car in the entire Hyundai Motor Group.

Last edited:
Pretty simple to me, use the real world groups and the rest don't need to be grouped. If they don't fit together, don't group them. I greatly dislike these catch all groups in GTS.

I agree in GT Sport they had to "mix" every eras to get a "proper" roster in number of cars, it is actually a mess.

Doesn't mean however that if in GT 7 the number of cars would be twice larger, they couldn't rearange this mess by creating sub-groups, sometimes to make the whole group race, or sometimes specify the cars from a certain era.

The Dream Car category is what grouped, say, GR.3 VGT. I think the Ford GT Test Car was in that as well.

There are enough real(but old) GT3 cars in GT Sport, to have kept the GT3 category from previous games.
The Manufacturers Cup is what has jumbled it all together.

Notice there's no Manufacturers for GR.1 and that have just about as many brands as GR.3/4.

The way to use the real world classes without a licence, is to at least use the real regulations. Something like:

GR.3: RWD 2-door cars only

GR.3A: GT1/GTE/LM

GR.3B: GTO/GTU

GR.4: RWD 2-door cars only

GR.4A: Group A

GR.NR(ace): any body style, petrol drivetrain/configuration, roll cage

GR.2: SuperGT GT500

GR.2A: SuperGT GT300

GR.1: recent awd LMP

GR.1C: Group C

GR.1B: LMP900(roadsters and sports cars)

GR.1A: RWD Prototypes

Considering that certain car brands will electrify all of their cars in the next years, imagine if PD made an E-Class for electric cars (similar to N-Class)

Here is an example

E100: Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09, Nissan Leaf G '11
E200: BMW i3 '15, Volkswagen ID.3

E300: Tesla Roadster '08
E400: Tesla Model S Signature Performance '12, Jaguar i-Pace '17, Audi R8 e-Tron Concept '13
E500: Sony Vision-S Concept '20, Audi e-Tron S '20, Renovo Coupe '15
E600: Aston Martin Rapide E '19, Polestar 1 '17, Audi e-Tron GT '20
E700: Apex AP-0 Concept '20, Lexus 2054 Concept '02, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Electric Drive '14
E800: GT by Citroën Concept '08, Vega EVX '20, Porsche Taycan Turbo S '19
E900: Ford Mustang Lithium Concept '19
E1000: NIO EP9 '19, Rimac Concept One '14, RAESR Tachyon Speed '17, Lucid Air '20
E1500: Lotus Evija '19, Pininfarina Battista '19, Aspark Owl '19, Rimac C_Two '18

Last edited:
I would go:

N class: 100 to 1000 for road cars
E class: 100 to 1000 for electric road cars
Ev Class: Electric racing cars
Gr.P: Prototype VGT homologated cars (Gr.1 in GT Sport)
Gr.FZ to FA: Open Wheels cars
Gr.S: Stock and V8 Supercars
Gr.T1: TrackDay small Cars
Gr.T2: TrackDay Hyper Cars
Gr.G: GTE and GT1 cars
Gr.A: Lmp2 and DPi cars
Gr.D : Formula D cars
Gr.C: Group C lemans cars
Gr.B: Rally Cars
Gr.V: Vintage Racing Cars
Gr.5: TCR Cars
Gr.4: GT4 cars
Gr.3: GT3 Cars
Gr.2: DTM, Super GT Cars
Gr.1: LMP1 cars
Gr.X: Prototype crazy cars

Last edited:
Considering that certain car brands will electrify all of their cars in the next years, imagine if PD made an E-Class for electric cars (similar to N-Class)

Here is an example

E100: Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09, Nissan Leaf G '11
E200: BMW i3 '15, Volkswagen ID.3

E300: Tesla Roadster '08
E400: Tesla Model S Signature Performance '12, Jaguar i-Pace '17, Audi R8 e-Tron Concept '13
E500: Sony Vision-S Concept ':cheers::cheers:, Audi e-Tron S '20, Renovo Coupe '15
E600: Aston Martin Rapide E '19, Polestar 1 '17, Audi e-Tron GT '20
E700: Apex AP-0 Concept '20, Lexus 2054 Concept '02, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Electric Drive '14
E800: GT by Citroën Concept '08, Vega EVX '20, Porsche Taycan Turbo S '19
E900: Ford Mustang Lithium Concept '19
E1000: NIO EP9 '19, Rimac Concept One '14, RAESR Tachyon Speed '17, Lucid Air '20
E1500: Lotus Evija '19, Pininfarina Battista '19, Aspark Owl '19, Rimac C_Two '18

I agree, this is a nicely detailed gr.E I've thought of.

:cheers:

I think the current groups are fine as is, we just need more events where a specific sub-set of cars are the only ones eligible, like the recent daily race where you could only use the Group C cars within Gr.1. Otherwise, here were my suggestions for new groups and additions:

-Gr.1
IMSA GTP (e.g. Ford Mustang GTP)
WSC (e.g. Ferrari 333SP)
DPi (e.g. Chevrolet Corvette C7 DPi)
LM Hypercar (e.g. Toyota Gazoo SuperSport)
LMDh
LMGTP (e.g. Bentley Speed 8)
LMP2 (e.g. MG EX257)
LMP900 (e.g. BMW V12 LMR)

-Gr.2
DTMasters (e.g. BMW M4)
JGTC GT500

-Gr.3
IMSA GTO
Super GT300
JGTC GT300

-Gr.B
Actual Group B rally cars (e.g. Ford RS200)

-Gr.1V (NEW)
Vintage Prototypes (e.g. Ford Mark IV)

-Gr.3V (NEW)
Vintage Grand Tourers (e.g. Shelby Daytona Coupe)

-Unsure of which group
FIA GT1, late 1990s (e.g. Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR)

Last edited:
Some FIA GT1 cars can fit on Gr.3, like McLaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing), while the faster ones (e.g. Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR, Toyota GT-One, Nissan R390 GT1 and Dauer 962 Le Mans Sport) should be on Gr.1 class.
Right, I was referring to the late-90s GT1 cars, whereas I was quite sure mid-90s GT1 cars like the Toyota Supra LM would fit into Gr.3.

Here's my take on it (theoretically):

Gr. 1 - LMP1, Group C, Le Mans Hypercar, LMDh
Gr. 2 - LMP2, Daytona Prototypes, 1990's GT1 (new classification)
Gr. 3 - GT race cars (modern GT1, GT2, GT3, GTC, GTD, GTE, GTLM, GTS, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Renault Sport R.S.01 Trophy)
Gr. 4 - GT4, Porsche Cup, SCCA
Gr. A - Modern WRC and retro rally cars within the same horsepower region
Gr. B - FIA World Rallycross supercars, Actual Group B cars
Gr. H - Historic grand touring (e.g. Ferrari 250 GTO, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, Jaguar D-Type)
Gr. R - Retro grand touring (e.g. Group 5 touring cars, IMSA GT/GTO cars)
Gr. V - Vintage prototype cars (e.g. Porsche 917 K, Jaguar XJ13, Ford Mark IV, Ferrari 330 P4)
Formula Drift - Sanctioned drift cars from the Formula Drift league
Formula E Class 1 - Current-spec Formula E race cars, 2019 and 2020 versions
Formula E Class 2 - 2015-2017 Formula E race cars
NASCAR 1 - 2010-2013 NASCAR vehicles from GT5 and GT6, from 800hp and above
NASCAR 2 - Present NASCAR vehicles (2016 and onwards), limited to 725hp, and are slower than the older cars
Super Formula - Japanese Super Formula open-wheel race cars - provided Polyphony license all the liveries of the current season.
Super Touring - Super GT/JGTC (GT500), DTM (originally the idea Gr. 2 in GT Sport, but renamed and re-purposed for better classification)
Touring - Super GT/JGTC (GT300), TCR
Gr. X - Including, but not limited to:
  • Concepts
  • Safety/pace cars
  • Track-day cars
  • Unhomologated race cars (race cars that naturally don't belong into any category, or similarly-styled race cars to specific categories that do not meet their standards, e.g. a classic Alpine A110 rally car would likely be in Gr. A, but it is too underpowered for Gr. A standards, must be within 240hp to 300hp, stock)
  • "Wild card" or "odd-ball" cars (e.g. cars with more or less than four wheels, unique technologies and/or designs)
  • Electric vehicles and other such cars with alternative powertrains
  • Cars with CVT/direct drive (e.g. Koenigsegg Regera, Mazda Demio Sport '11, Toyota Prius)
  • Non-civilian cars (cars originally used for police/military/community purposes)
  • Original versions of Vision Gran Turismo cars
The only way for specific cars to compete against each other, outside of their categories, would likely be through PP matching, where cars with a similar PP region can race with each other.

Good. I would also add other cars to Gr.X such as:

• Historical cars (e.g. Benz Patent-Motorwagen, Daimler Motorized Carriage, Ford Model T)
  • Land speed record cars (e.g. Golden Arrow, Sunbeam 1000 HP)
  • Flying cars
  • Cars whose power-to-weight ratio is too low for being on N-Class (e.g. Karlmann King has a power output of 398 HP, which means that the car should be on N400, but its 4.5 tons of weight of this car make it unable to compete with other cars from its class. Has a power-to-weight ratio of 0.09 hp/kg which is comparable to a N100 car)

Last edited:
I want to see many cars which GTS omitted. I'll mention only one here.
Even though the Lexus LFA isn't my number one desire, it isn't the best car or the most deserving car and it likely isn't on the wishlist of the majority of GTP members, I just watched a great, informative review of it which I wanted to share. Enjoy!

Hallo everyone These are my ideas, but they are too many to write in a single comment, so check my thread if you'd like:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt7-trailer-impressions-and-suggestions-update-2.396180/
And let me know what do you think with a comment, either on this or my thread.

Great list. Here are some cars suggestions.

Peugeot 908 V12 HDi DPFS 2007 (Group X)
Holden Time Attack Concept (Group X)
Renault RS 2027 Vision Concept (Group X)
Nissan GT-R X 2050 Concept (Group X)

Another suggestions is to add a Group X for Racing cars, and other for Non-racing cars. Here are some non-racing cars Gr.X
Audi RSQ Concept
Peugeot 4002 Concept
Helicron
Keio University Eliica
....Flying cars
.....Concept cars with no specs
.....Cars with unique designs and technologies
.....etc.

Also I suggest to create a class for solar powered cars. Here is an example

Blue Point Agoria Solar Team 2019
Nuna9 Nuon Solar Team 2017
Novum University of Michigan Solar Car Team 2017
Tokai Challenger Tokai University Solar Car Team 2019

More cars can be found here
World Solar Challenge - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Here was my category wishlist, with example cars for each:

Gr.1V - Vintage Prototypes - Ferrari 330 P4, Ford Mark IV, Jaguar XJ13

Gr.3V - Vintage Grand Tourers - Shelby Daytona Coupe, Ferrari 250 GTO

Gr.D - Drift - Subaru BRZ Turn10 (D1GP), Mazda BP Falken RX-7

NE-Series - Electric Road Cars - Porsche Taycan, BMW i3

Ideally, these four groups would clean up Gr.X quite a bit. Then there's the question of various rally cars:

Gr.C - Pre-Group B - Lancia Stratos Rally Car, Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car

Gr.A - Post-Group B - Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version

I want to see many cars which GTS omitted. I'll mention only one here.
Even though the Lexus LFA isn't my number one desire, it isn't the best car or the most deserving car and it likely isn't on the wishlist of the majority of GTP members, I just watched a great, informative review of it which I wanted to share. Enjoy!

Also, the LFA that ran in the N24 could make for a good Gr.3 car.

EDIT: I also wonder if the Aston Martin DB3 and Jaguar D-Type could also be consolidated into another group? They seem to have roughly similar power - at least close enough insofar I think BoP could easily address the discrepancy - and their very engine sizes only differ by about half a liter.

EDIT2: That Briggs-Cunningham C4-R that also was picked at Pebble Beach could also fit into this group; even though its engine is a bit larger than the D-Type and DB3S, all three of these cars competed in the same year, at the 1954 24 Hours of Le Mans.

EDIT3: The plot thickens! Another car that won the Gran Turismo Trophy at Pebble Beach, the Maserati A6GCS, also competed in this event! Could PD indeed be planning to create a group for this quartet? I personally hope so!

Last edited:
Great list. Here are some cars suggestions
Thanks

Peugeot 908 V12 HDi DPFS 2007 (Group X)
Holden Time Attack Concept (Group X)
Noted

Renault RS 2027 Vision Concept (Group X
Its already on the list 👍 .

Nissan GT-R X 2050 Concept (Group X)
Noted

Another suggestions is to add a Group X for Racing cars,
I don't see a resson for that to be honest.

Audi RSQ Concept
Peugeot 4002 Concept
Helicron
Keio University Eliica
Noted

Also I suggest to create a class for solar powered car
I think thats a bit much :lol: .

Gr.1V - Vintage Prototypes - Ferrari 330 P4, Ford Mark IV, Jaguar XJ13

Gr.3V - Vintage Grand Tourers - Shelby Daytona Coupe, Ferrari 250 GTO
Things like this are still too broad though, so you're still going to end up with silly BOP values to make some cars equal.

Things like this are still too broad though, so you're still going to end up with silly BOP values to make some cars equal.
I know, but I think that’s a price I’m willing to pay to have both interesting car groups and to keep some of them out of Gr.X.

Am I the only one who would like to see old cars in the game?
I mean, pre WW2 war cars, old F1 cars, even the Grand Prix cars of the 1930's
I dont care so much if they are not equal, you can still do one make races for any car you have.

Am I the only one who would like to see old cars in the game?
I mean, pre WW2 war cars, old F1 cars, even the Grand Prix cars of the 1930's
I dont care so much if they are not equal, you can still do one make races for any car you have.
I'd like a new group for the four race cars we'll eventually have that all competed in the 1954 24 Hours of Le Mans. Two have appeared in GT Sport, with the other two being Pebble Beach winners that haven't appeared in the series yet. The former two were the Jaguar D-Type and Aston Martin DB3S, and the latter two being the Cunningham C4-R and Maserati A6GCS. This is in addition to the idea of a "Gr.1V" and "Gr.3V" that I mentioned earlier in this thread.

I think we'll get some other interesting vintage models, too, as I recall some of the other Pebble Beach winners being a pre-war Mercedes-Benz, and a 1960s Indycar.

Last edited:
Ideally, it would work like this:

PRIMARY RACE CATEGORIES
Group 1 - LMPH Cars and VGT equivalents
Group 2 - Super GT/DTM Class 1
Group 3 - GT3 Spec
Group 4 - GT4 Spec (RWD ONLY)

SECONDARY RACE CATEGORIES
Group A - Touring cars from 1987 - 1992
Group B - Rally cars from 1980 - 1985
Group C - Prototypes from 1980 - 1992
Group N - Classic touring cars from 1960 - 1979
Group S - Classic sports cars from 1960 - 1979
Group 1V - Classic sports prototypes from 1965 - 1979
LMP1 - Non-hybrid Prototypes from 2006 - 2011
LMP2 - All LMP2 Spec cars from 2017 -2021
LMP900 - Prototypes from 1999 - 2005
GT1X - GT1 cars from 1996 -1999
GT1 - GT1 cars from 2000 - 2010
GTE - GTE cars from 2013 - 2020
TCR - Front-drive touring cars
Super Touring
Super Formula

OTHER CARS/ONE MAKES
Formula GT (Mercedes W08 or a PD-built special based on current F1 regulations)
Formula GT Retro (F-1500T)
Group X - Experimental cars and concepts
Trackday - Track-only vehicles which haven't been approved by the FIA
Megane Trophy
Carrera Cup
RS-01 Trophy

ROAD CARS
Road Class 1 - Hypercars (Senna, LaFerrari, 918, P1, Agera, 488 Pista, GT2 RS, SVJ)
Road Class 2 - Supercars (488, NSX, Ford GT, Mercedes AMG GT-R, Aventador, R8, 911 Turbo S)
Road Class 3 - Performance (Mercedes AMG GTS, Porsche 911 GT3, Corvette C8, Exige)
Road Class 4 - High-end Sports (M4, C63, RS6, Guilia, Tuscan)
Road Class 5 - Sports (GR Yaris, Supra, R34 GT-R, RX-7, 3000GT, 350Z, NSX, Civic Type R, AMG A45)
Road Class 6 - Low-end sports (MX-5, 86, Golf GTI, Clio, Fiesta ST, Integra)
Road Class 7 - Economy cars (Jazz, Mito, Yaris, Atenza)

I honestly hope that the Lamborghini VGT and Jaguar VGT Coupe SV both get into Gr.1. Or, if the latter is all-electric, we get both a full-electric version and a hybrid version that can go into Gr.1, much like we see with the Hyundai N2025 VGT. I think it is likely the Lamborghini VGT will go into Gr.1, considering its power figure and its general shape, so it'd be nice not to rely on the Countach QVX for a potential Gr.1 Lamborghini, though I'd personally be down to see both in Gr.1.

Last edited:
Using Content Manager in Assetto Corsa, I was able to group all of my cars into categories using a similar method to how people are describing things around here. The base game's grouping system is kind of bad so I think these new tags are an improvement.

But yeah, it would be nice if GT7 adopted a system similar to FM7 where PP and car classes are both used but taken into account for separate events. GT6 had these filters but they were only available for online lobbies and weren't very developed.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-do-you-personally-group-cars.392464/page-2#post-13293349

Back