Top Cars and Categories Wishlist

Honestly I'm hoping that GR2 gets expanded in this game. With some of the statements Kaz has made about the best things about the past, present, and future, I really want to see the return of the early 2000s JGTC cars again. I.E., Supra GT, NSX-GT, and the Skyline GT-R GT500 cars. The GT300 cars would be rad as well, but not as important

I really want to see the return of the early 2000s JGTC cars again. I.E., Supra GT, NSX-GT, and the Skyline GT-R GT500 cars.
They should be in their own group.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm hoping that GR2 gets expanded in this game. With some of the statements Kaz has made about the best things about the past, present, and future, I really want to see the return of the early 2000s JGTC cars again. I.E., Supra GT, NSX-GT, and the Skyline GT-R GT500 cars. The GT300 cars would be rad as well, but not as important

GT300 likely will go into Gr.3, as they race alongside FIA GT3 cars in real life. Not to mention that two made-for-game Gr.3 cars, namely those from Subaru and Mitsubishi, have bodykits with a striking resemblance to GT300 cars. I'd love for DTM cars to be added so that Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz could be in Gr.2, but I don't see it happening due to licensing exclusivity for DTM. (Though the Group 1 cars that've been associated with DTM will become historic, given that DTM is now using GT3 cars for cost reasons, so maybe it could be easy to get those DTM cars, who knows?)

Anyway, if licensing proves to be an issue regarding DTM, it could still be fun to see what sort of made-for-game racers PD comes up with, and especially for automakers that don't have a real-world GT500/DTM car, much like how Alfa Romeo has a Gr.3 racer in spite of never racing in GT3/GTE/etc. And even for the automakers that have been in DTM, we could see made-for-game Gr.2 racers based on models that never were used in DTM, like the BMW Z4 (G29) or the third-gen Audi TT.

I want all the cars From GT1-GT Sport back again
Here's my proposal - at least have all premium cars from the PS3 and PS4-era return, with interiors for all cars including VGTs, but with some cars being left behind if licensing them proves to be an issue, such as for the Ferrari F2007 and F10.

I'd also omit most concept cars that later got production versions, with the exceptions being the Toyota FT-1 and Toyota FT-86. The second iteration of the latter would also be omitted, especially since it never had an interior IRL, so maybe the S-FR could also stay in the series, but not the racing concept.

Finally, I'd replace the GR Supra Gr.4 with an actual GT4-spec GR Supra, or at least update the interior of the Gr.4 GR Supra so it's not just the same interior as the normal, road-going GR Supra.

This would be on top of cars that were "standard models" but could get new premium models, like we saw in GT Sport plenty of times - the Toyota Supra (A80) being arguably the most notable example.

Last edited:
As CLowndes is saying, these cars need to be in their own class.

Can't have GT300(300bhp) cars from 2008 versus 500-600bhp 2020 GT3 & GT300 Mother Chassis cars.

Forget solving everything with BOP. We saw how placing a 280bhp DTM 190E looks running with a 450bhp DTM CLK.

All I want is the return of the 2 cars that I think defined the early series... The Escudo Pikes Peak version (and track) and the Espace F1.

As CLowndes is saying, these cars need to be in their own class.

Can't have GT300(300bhp) cars from 2008 versus 500-600bhp 2020 GT3 & GT300 Mother Chassis cars.

Forget solving everything with BOP. We saw how placing a 280bhp DTM 190E looks running with a 450bhp DTM CLK.

I think it can be solved with BoP - but also with having the majority of event only permit some cars within a class, like that daily race in GT Sport that only permitted the Group C racers within Gr.1. I also would permit at least tuning one setting if there's an event where all cars within a class are permitted, though this scenario would be rare, as it'd be far more often that an event would only permit a "sub-set" of vehicles that follow a certain theme. Ideally, I'd like for Sport Mode in GT7 to constantly incentivize players to use as wide of a variety of cars as possible, between only permitting "sub-sets" of cars within a class, making events/championships that mirror regulations seen in campaign events, and/or creating new groups to remove some cars from Gr.X, such as a "Gr.1V" for vintage prototypes like the Ferrari 330 P4.

All I want is the return of the 2 cars that I think defined the early series... The Escudo Pikes Peak version (and track) and the Espace F1.
Unfortunately the Escudo doesn't exist anymore

What do you mean? I can't seem to find any articles about its destruction.
I dont think the car itself was ever destroyed but from my understanding, the car was changed drastically over the following years as it became later iterations up into the 2000s. So the car we all know and love from GT2 and onwards technically no longer exists in that form any further

I think it can be solved with BoP - but also with having the majority of event only permit some cars within a class, like that daily race in GT Sport that only permitted the Group C racers within Gr.1. I also would permit at least tuning one setting if there's an event where all cars within a class are permitted, though this scenario would be rare, as it'd be far more often that an event would only permit a "sub-set" of vehicles that follow a certain theme. Ideally, I'd like for Sport Mode in GT7 to constantly incentivize players to use as wide of a variety of cars as possible, between only permitting "sub-sets" of cars within a class, making events/championships that mirror regulations seen in campaign events, and/or creating new groups to remove some cars from Gr.X, such as a "Gr.1V" for vintage prototypes like the Ferrari 330 P4.
For sure. I'm talking about not grouping older race cars with newer race cars and trying to solve with BOP. Hence, just because a classic touring car raced in DTM, does not mean it qualifies to race in 2021 DTM.

Something I want to ask regarding road car class discourse:

Should each car's body shape also take into account when classifying cars?

Something I want to ask regarding road car class discourse:

Should each car's body shape also take into account when classifying cars?
I doubt it. An R35 GT-R, is very upright, next to a Huracan. However, they both have similar performance.
If a non-car person saw an RX-7, Supra and 300ZX with an R32 next to them. If asked which is quicker, that person may point out any of the low height coupes.

A new M5, would give most supercars a run for their money in a straight line. Maybe in handling too.

Classing road cars by body shape, is more of a regulation in Touring Cars. However, in the past, there were RX-7s racing 4-door sedans(BTCC & ATCC).
DTM/ITM had regulations allowing 2-door and 4-door sedans(a Mustang GT-post Group A era) even raced in DTM.

GT racing have regulations with only 2-door coupes/sedans allowed. M4 shares the same track with AMG GT and Alpine A110. No 4-doors are allowed.

As recently as a couple years ago, 2-door coupes were added to (V8)Supercars. These were never allowed during the start of the V8 Supercar era.

I guess the flip from my first sentence is: classing cars in wagons/estates, 4-door sedans(three-box), 2-door(three-box), hot hatch, low bonnet type cars(Ford GT, 488, Huracan, etc), could be doable.

Back